General Talk about our Government.

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should America be based on political correctness?

0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
100% 100% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 8

Re: General Talk about our Government.

Post  Jedi Joe on 2/19/2010, 12:26

The audio isn't sync with the video, but if you have the time, listen to this:

Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/19/2010, 12:40

OH MY GOSH... I have just lost all respect for Glenn Beck. This is exactly why I left the party, that clsoe midned attiude, and rampant connections. No, that's not fact, that's ignorance. He wasn't trying to add thsoe to the Bill of rights, he was just sayign we had those rights. The connections Glenn makes are ones soemone of little or no education in these areas could make, he twisted words, context and meaning to his own close midned agenda. And you like this guy? Every word he says is pure osik, no wonder Rebuplicans vote no on everything, if they truly believe this sort of garbage.... Rolling Eyes

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 2/19/2010, 12:56

astoriabluelegos wrote:...This is exactly why I left the party...

What party?
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 2/20/2010, 04:11

The New Deal almost destroyed us. What you don't know is that Roosevelt actually cut taxes throughout what you see as the New Deal, causing temporary economic stimulation, which is the supposed rebound. THEN, he installed the New Deal which almost sent us hurtling back into the Depression if the tax cuts hadn't put so much money back into the hands of the working class Americans.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 2/20/2010, 21:31

See the presidents who actually try to get us out of bad times get blamed. And you know who was in office when stuff fell through into the Depression Hoover.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 2/21/2010, 09:05

Cpt. Crinkle wrote:See the presidents who actually try to get us out of bad times get blamed...

Yea, like Bush...
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 2/21/2010, 14:19

I love how paranoid people in America are.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 2/21/2010, 14:30

Crinkle, have you ever thought maybe you're just being paranoid about people in America being paranoid? Honestly Crinkle, you're an american too. So, I think your just being paranoid about peoples' paranoidness about important issues.
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/21/2010, 23:25

Very true. I think people on both sides whould just stop the stupid blame game, and conspiracy theories, and the rampant fear and stupidity, and actually get down to the business of running the country. BOTH parties need to work together since they each bring different perspectives to the table. IF we used that difference, it would help give us the insight on the tough decisions we need to make. But this is in a perfect world of course....

@Joe: Republican Party, I'm now firmly non-partisan. Wink

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 2/21/2010, 23:29

Good luck, because Glenn Beck is non-partisan too.

I believe that Glenn can be considered as a bit too far sometimes, but he's bold to step up against the media's twist on things. He's a God-loving, country-serving man who is married and has kids of his own.
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/21/2010, 23:31

Alright, I will give him credit for doing that, your right it does take courage. Smile

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 2/22/2010, 08:37

And Glenn Beck also gets after the Republicans. He sure wasn't happy with a few of the things Bush did, and he wasn't a big fan of McCain either. In fact, the only reason he voted for McCain because Palin was on the ticket.

Another thing, he isn't all doom and gloom like many people says he is. He believes that we will get through these economic problems soon, and that the American people will prevail. He even encourages us to pray for the country and the people in it.

Of course, there are a few things I disagree with him on. I don't think FDR was OMGEVIL, but I don't think he was all OMGBESTEVAR like the history books make him out to be.
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/22/2010, 12:04

Yeah, you need to look at everything even-handedly, especially in politics. Wink

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 2/22/2010, 18:52

Just for the Republican side I would rather see McCain president rather than Palin.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/22/2010, 21:22

Yeah same here. Palin is okay, but she's kinda a drama queen in my opinion.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 2/23/2010, 19:28

You know the best next president...That should be ROD BLAGOYAVICH.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 2/23/2010, 20:37

Cpt. Crinkle wrote:You know the best next president...That should be ROD BLAGOYAVICH.

I would rant, but I figure 80-0 will be here soon... Razz
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/23/2010, 21:52

^HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Good 'ol 80-0, it's fun sparring on politics with you guys, both of you are very intelligent. Smile But I think you just got hooked in Crinkle's trap, hook line and sinker Joe. Wink Razz

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/1/2010, 11:02

Cpt. Crinkle wrote:You know the best next president...That should be ROD BLAGOYAVICH.

Blagoyavich?

SERIOUSLY?

More Chicago politics, more Illinois corruption, just what we need.

@ ABL about Palin: She's a lot like Bush. The media in this country hate her and constantly trash her; the difference between her and Bush is, as you said in not so many words, she responds to it, and thus creates the "drama queen" persona. Just remember that it wasn't she who caused the drama, it was the media. The Letterman comments about her daughter (honestly, who takes that cretin seriously after his "confession", and why wasn't he fired?) and the varying MSNBC/CNN potshots were just too much.

Didn't Obama himself say family is off limits when it comes to criticism in politics? I guess his own state controlled media outlets don't take him all that seriously.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 3/1/2010, 11:43

80-0 wrote:
@ ABL about Palin: She's a lot like Bush. The media in this country hate her and constantly trash her; the difference between her and Bush is, as you said in not so many words, she responds to it, and thus creates the "drama queen" persona. Just remember that it wasn't she who caused the drama, it was the media. The Letterman comments about her daughter (honestly, who takes that cretin seriously after his "confession", and why wasn't he fired?) and the varying MSNBC/CNN potshots were just too much.

Didn't Obama himself say family is off limits when it comes to criticism in politics? I guess his own state controlled media outlets don't take him all that seriously.

Amen 80-0. Palin is NOT the drama queen, the media is.

Huckabee/Palin 2012!
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/1/2010, 11:47

Not the Huckster, as I recall he was the only Republican/conservative who supported closing Club Gitmo. Everything else is fine, afaik.

But we'll see what he has to say come primary time in 2012.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 3/1/2010, 12:02

Hm, I remember him speaking against it on his show on Fox News.

I'll be old enough to vote in the primaries, and the Huckster is definitely my pick to run the country.
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/1/2010, 12:20

@80-0: I guess, but she doesn't seem to mind the attention either...

WOOT! Huckabee FTW! And I'm all for closing gitmo, either that or changing it's operating policies.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/1/2010, 12:58

astoriabluelegos wrote:@80-0: I guess, but she doesn't seem to mind the attention either...

WOOT! Huckabee FTW! And I'm all for closing gitmo, either that or changing it's operating policies.

Well, gee, what are you supposed to do if people start dissing your children on public television for no good reason? Back down? She just wants to take the fight to them in a clean, fair manner, and frankly she's right to do so.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 3/1/2010, 13:20

Yea, I'm all for Palin too. It's a toss-up between her and Huckabee for me.
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top