[ 2 ]
11% 11% 
[ 1 ]
11% 11% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 9

Views on Abortion

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/6/2009, 23:35

What are your views on Abortion? Should it be 100% outlawed? should it be only available to people who may die from the child birth and can not take care of the baby? Should it be available to anyone under a certain age? Should it just be allowed?

Let me know what your think, AND VOTE!
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: Views on Abortion

Post  Jedi Joe on 10/7/2009, 08:05

It should be 100% outlawed. It is murdering the physical representation of the Kingdom of Heaven. Besides, we have adoption and technology that can give the baby to another mother if it is unwanted.
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/7/2009, 13:21

True That
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 10/7/2009, 20:27

Jedi Joe wrote:It should be 100% outlawed. It is murdering the physical representation of the Kingdom of Heaven. Besides, we have adoption and technology that can give the baby to another mother if it is unwanted.

Well true, but in my opinion there are 2 instances when it should be allowed. If the mother faces death, and Rape. But other then that, it should be outlawed. And as medicines conitue along, my two reasons may have other alternatives available. In which case, it should be totally outlawed, it's immoral, and just wrong.

P.S. should this maybe in Christianity, or do you think it fits better here? scratch

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw you're post in the other thread, makes sense now.

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 10/8/2009, 04:56

So a human being should pay the price of death because the mother got raped?
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/8/2009, 08:56

Well..... I really don't know. It sucks to see a child suffer, as it most likely would if his 15 yr old mother was raped and gave birth.

I need to think.....
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 10/8/2009, 16:15

Well, this all depends on one's definition of a human being. If you really wanted to, you could claim that every sperm and egg is a person, making periods and masturbation mass genocide. Sex as well would be murder, as only the one sperm makes it, while the rest die off.

But, I will assume you only think it's a human when sperm and egg are united forming an embryo. The question then is, when does it become human? What makes it a person?

The way I see it, it's attached and completely dependent on the mother for at least the first trimester. Therefore, it can be seen as a part of the mother, and thus abortions should be allowed for at least the first trimester. After that I'm not sure, it's all gray area.
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/8/2009, 16:19

Mass genocide? Lol Shocked I suppose I'd almost have to agree with you, but I spent all day asleep and I didn't get around to the thinking part.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Stop the stupidity

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 10/8/2009, 22:10

First people must consider their situation and not be stupid and they should not have children unless they are really ready. Plus we should limit amounts of kids people never consider OVERPOPULATION!!!!!!!

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 10/8/2009, 22:29

Angry Egg, you have brought up a perfect point, THAT really is the question. And one that is, as you say, a gray area. The whole topic is tough, because you really don't know a lot of the details, and the answers to the tough questions.

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/8/2009, 23:16

Well. He church believes that when the sperm and egg meet is when it is
considered a child. However, that seems really veauge.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 10/9/2009, 07:27

I believe that when the sperm and the egg meet is when it's a human being. Sorry, but I do not believe in abortion by ANY stretch of the imagination.
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/9/2009, 12:37

I think the only times it should be CONSIDERED.... Is if it's a rape victim or the mother may die
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

along with this subject

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 10/10/2009, 21:26

The pope says condoms don't work.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/10/2009, 21:32

Um. Yea they do. The church doesn't 'believe' in them though. While stupid it may be, they believe only in natural birth control.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 10/11/2009, 20:43

What the heck is "natural" birth control? Some disease that kills the mother before she gives birth? Golly gee, that Pope, always thinking about the well being of the female members of his flock!

I know some Catholics, they're nice people. But the church's policies are screwed up. Also interesting to note that none of the Catholics I know actually follow the no-condoms rule (It's ok. They're adults.) And another interesting little factoid: did you know they had condoms in ancient times? The Greeks made them out of sheep intestines.

Back to the abortion thing: Do any of us really have any say in this matter? Does it make a difference? We all have our beliefs, but doesn't it ultimately come down to the mothers, and what they think?
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

I think people...

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 10/11/2009, 20:53

I think so people just don't deserve kids I am not saying anything to affend people but really some need to go use the things called artificial birth control or just use abstinence. I really don't like how some people believe that they can have as many kids as they want. I feel 2-3 kids is good not 18 like that one family. I mean adopting sometimes is a better option than having a huge family. Adopting also helps so kids without a home a home this is what I plan to do.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/12/2009, 01:00

Natural birth control is when the people only have sex during, or right before, the females menstrual cycle.
So periods basically. That way the sperm and egg never have a chance to seat themselves in place.
Little graphic, but that's the basis of it.
Course... A missed period and BAM!
Baby.
Plus this way means you can only enjoy yourself 12 times a year....
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 1/30/2010, 10:28

Yes, I'm late to the party. Here's what I say, and I DO agree with Joe:

Say a woman is going to die from a pregnancy by some hair's breadth of a 1/1000000th chance that a virus appeared out of nowhere. Should you go out of your way to kill the baby to save her? I say no. People die from diseases and natural causes all the time. Just because there's one easy way out doesn't mean you can take it... we need more babies, not less.

And all this talk about condoms and sex and what not: STDs would not be here but for premarital sex and rape. The animal instincts of those who cannot control themselves destroy and pervert a good and perfect action into an act of pure sin. I think that STDs were allowed upon the world by God because of premarital sex and other misuses of the sexual powers. It sounds a bit silly, I know, but God is after all a just God.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 1/30/2010, 11:06

Wow, that last bit especially was very powerul 80-0, ans it's quite an interesting concept, one that I think I agree with. Welcome to the site btw! Very Happy

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 1/30/2010, 11:44

Wow.. as i've said before... you cant just look at something.... NOT know the answer... and then say... 'God' and be done with it.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 1/30/2010, 12:35

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:Wow.. as i've said before... you cant just look at something.... NOT know the answer... and then say... 'God' and be done with it.

What you fail to take account of is that God created this entire world and has an infinitely more expansive understanding of everything that happens here than some high-and-mighty scientist or politician telling us how to live our lives. So yes, God IS the answer to everything. Wink

astoriabluelegos wrote:Wow, that last bit especially was very powerul 80-0, ans it's quite an interesting concept, one that I think I agree with. Welcome to the site btw! Very Happy

Thanks, it's good to be here! Smile
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 1/30/2010, 19:16

Once again, 80-0 is correct. We need to just humble ourselves and realize, God is the master of everything, and is the answer to everything. That being said, we need to make sure we actually DO what he tells us, as Egg pointed out once, to win the lottery, one must buy a ticket. We can't expect God to do stuff for us per se, just make it so we have the power and the ability to make the needed changes.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 1/30/2010, 22:13

Jedi Joe wrote:I believe that when the sperm and the egg meet is when it's a human being. Sorry, but I do not believe in abortion by ANY stretch of the imagination.

Ditto
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 1/31/2010, 01:51

Actually... I thought natural birth control was that & the 'pull out' method or whatever.. But anyway...
My opinion on this is this.. Basically, I think if a young women (like 12-18) if raped, should be able to get an abortion if so chooses. Do you realize what kind of life you'd be putting the child through, not to mention it wasnt the girls choice ya know? The whole diseased mother thing is really touchy.. But basically.. I think in som situations.. It should be okay.. It may seem like murder.. But you gotta take in what happened to the person.
The one thing I disagree with is if that person decided to do that in a situation that was like, "Well, since I was just a complete dumbhole & had sex without any sort of birth control at all & I didnt take a morning after pill, I think I'ma get this taken care of NOW."
That I think, is ridiculous.
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top