[ 2 ]
11% 11% 
[ 1 ]
11% 11% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 9

Re: Views on Abortion

Post  80-0 on 1/31/2010, 05:22

What you're forgetting is the situation surrounding the rape (I agree about the last paragraph, about late-term abortions and whatnot Wink ). One sin has already been committed, that by the rapist. Two wrongs don't make a right: abortion is always wrong, and no matter what the mother went through it would be absolutely wrong to kill the child for her sake. And what if she's NOT mentally unstable for the rest of her life? What if she finds her peace with God maybe in a year's time after and then regrets the abortion?

I'm just with the two wrongs don't make a right idea here. Do you sin in order to make a person feel better? I hope not...
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 1/31/2010, 09:01

I have an opinion to sum it all up let abortion happen if it's in God's plan. This will happen only if it can affect a person by rape or harm to the mother.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 1/31/2010, 09:14

And how do we know if it's in God's plan? We don't. The only hint about God's plan is the Ten Commandments. All God wants us to do is follow the Ten Commandments. Would the world be perfect if we followed the Ten Commandments? Heck yes. If we did that exactly to the letter, none of this would have happened. If we did not commit adultery, 'unwanted' babies would not come into the world either through rape or through adultery itself. If we did not kill, we would let nature take its course and not interrupt the perfected process of producing a child within the womb of the mother via abortion. etc. etc. etc. for the other eight commandments.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 1/31/2010, 18:03

Well, I guess 80-0 and I are of polar opposite opinions on this subject.

If the soul enters the baby's body while in the womb, then yes, abortion would be a bad idea. But if the soul enters the body on birth, then abortion wouldn't really be a sin.
Unfortunately, there's no way to perform a 'soul test' on something. So this discussion is kind of ridiculous I think, because there is never going to be one final answer. There will always be a "what if...?"
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 1/31/2010, 18:10

Or we could realize how disgusting the action of killing a child is and let common morals lead the way.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 1/31/2010, 18:15

Then the question becomes: when is a fetus a child? When does a single sperm and a single egg become a child?

I would say it becomes a child when it gets a soul.
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 1/31/2010, 18:17

I think we should trust God's infinite wisdom again: it's a child the moment after husband and wife have taken the necessary action and pregnancy tests come up as positive. Is that too much to ask?
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 1/31/2010, 18:25

It's not too much to ask, but there is no evidence to support your claim.
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 1/31/2010, 19:18

Goodness, you guys have any idea at all what being raped can do to a person?
I dont think you do. I know people who have been raped, they are strong women but thats only cause they had time to themselves to heal. (NOTE: This is saying about any girl who got raped & ended up prego) You can say that if he hadnt raped her, she wouldnt have to deal with the kid, but the fact is that the hypothetically speaking dude did. & it wasnt her choice in the matter at all. & she wont have time to heal with a baby on the way which will just cause her even more mental stress & pain...
So she has to have that scar in her body & soul & she has to deal with being a mom while dealing with the pure emotional & physical pain of the whole situation. I dont think thats fair. AT ALL.
Thats why I think they should have a choice.
To get maybe a better understanding of rape, read the book Lucky by Alice Sebold.
Then maybe you would understand.
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 1/31/2010, 22:50

Cpt. Crinkle wrote:I have an opinion to sum it all up let abortion happen if it's in God's plan. This will happen only if it can affect a person by rape or harm to the mother.

It's God's plan when there is a miscarriage... and I If she is raped and needs time to heal why not have it adopted not killed. Do any of you know that there are people waiting in line to adopt baby's, but because of abortion the people who don't abort obviously want that child.
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 1/31/2010, 22:53

I know.. But some people dont take care of themselves while they're pregnant while having to heal.. Catch my drift..?
I know they're people waiting in line to adopt kids... My dad was one of them kids, except his parents were old enough to take care of him & didnt want to... "/
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 1/31/2010, 22:55

Yea I know but Most people will just have an abortion cuz it's easier
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 2/1/2010, 05:32

Sgt Angry Egg wrote:It's not too much to ask, but there is no evidence to support your claim.

Fine, then we'll just get in the way of God's plan again.

I think childbirth is always a part of God's plan because it's simply wrong to correct one wrong (the rape, or the premarital sex) with another.

Kombustion wrote:Goodness, you guys have any idea at all what being raped can do to a person?
I dont think you do. I know people who have been raped, they are strong women but thats only cause they had time to themselves to heal. (NOTE: This is saying about any girl who got raped & ended up prego) You can say that if he hadnt raped her, she wouldnt have to deal with the kid, but the fact is that the hypothetically speaking dude did. & it wasnt her choice in the matter at all. & she wont have time to heal with a baby on the way which will just cause her even more mental stress & pain...
So she has to have that scar in her body & soul & she has to deal with being a mom while dealing with the pure emotional & physical pain of the whole situation. I dont think thats fair. AT ALL.
Thats why I think they should have a choice.
To get maybe a better understanding of rape, read the book Lucky by Alice Sebold.
Then maybe you would understand.

Hmmmmmmmmm...

all I know is abortion breaks the fifth commandment every single time by interrupting a perfect God-given process by which life is produced. If you didn't have an abortion, a baby would come ou. If you did, you'd have a mortal sin on your soul for killing a child.

I wish I had a more in depth response to the rape/abortion issue but that's one of the things that I just don't know enough about to give a fluent detailed answer to.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/1/2010, 10:18

Same here 80-0, it's a rough subject, which is why I've kinda backed out. Because I'm not really sure how I stand on it, obviously once it's a baby abortion is totally wrong, but when does it cease being just cells, and start being a person? And Kombustion raises some good points about rape as well.

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 2/1/2010, 17:00

In conclusion, let's check out the top ten dancing babies on Youtube. Very Happy
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/1/2010, 17:13

Alright! Very Happy Razz

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 2/1/2010, 22:45

Sorry... Have to agree with K on this... Rape destroys a person, yet you are more worried about killing a couple of cells. I mean... Everytime I cut myself on a piece of metal, I kill living cells that didn't have a chance to 'do their thing'... Right?
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 2/2/2010, 06:31

Killing cells which didn't have a chance to 'do their thing' (become a baby), i.e. the thousands destroyed in the act of u no wut, is not a sin because none of them are human and none of them have been made human and none of them can become human while only in the male body. It requires cells from both species to produce life, and once said life has been begun, it is a grave sin to undo it. And really, what if that little 'lump of tissue' is really a person that feels pain? That would be awful to comprehend what it goes through, having a tiny fork plunged into its head and twisted around so that the brain is destroyed? You think that doesn't measure up to what happens in rape? If rape destroys a person, abortion does unspeakable things to a person. I frankly think it's the other way around that rape does unspeakable things while abortion destroys a person, but opinion's opinion.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 2/2/2010, 15:45

So it's ok to kill, as long as you aren't killing a person?

Let us consider powned's skin cells. It isn't a sin for him to kill them via cutting himself on a piece of metal, because he isn't taking a persons life, correct?
And his skin cells are not considered people because they depend on powned for their life, correct?
Fetuses rely on their mothers the same way. Therefore, a fetus, because it is not viable (able to survive outside the womb), is not a person. Hence, aborting a non-viable fetus is not a sin.
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 2/2/2010, 15:48

Those skin cells that Powned just killed don't have much of a future either. A fetus, however, is a living thing all on its own, and will eventually become a man or a woman.
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/2/2010, 15:49

And we're bakc to the core question: When is a fetus, a baby? That must be deffinetively answered before an agreeable answer can be reached.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 2/2/2010, 15:52

I believe it becomes a person after the sperm and the egg form the fetus.
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/2/2010, 15:55

I think it's when the cells actually start to develope.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 2/2/2010, 15:57

A fetus, however, is a living thing all on its own, and will eventually become a man or a woman.

No, it isn't. It can't live all on its own. That's why I say a fetus is a 'baby' when it becomes viable.
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 2/2/2010, 16:00

Sgt Angry Egg wrote:No, it isn't. It can't live all on its own. That's why I say a fetus is a 'baby' when it becomes viable.

So you mean it's less of a person when it can't live on its own? What about someone who's been in an accident and needs life support? They currently can't live on their own. Should we be allowed to let them die? No. It's immoral, and so is abortion.
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top