All About Movies

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

All About Movies

Post  Jedi Joe on 10/13/2009, 21:24

Talk about movies here. Feel free to post reviews on recent ones you've seen.

Star Trek (2009)



This movie leads us to believe that we see the origins of the legendary James T. Kirk. This is true, from a certain point of view. Romulan pirates go back in time and accidentally change the trajectory of the young Kirk's fate. Will the young farmboy live up to his widely-known reputation in this alternate reality?

You'll have to watch it to find out of course. I, of course was slightly ticked off when this all happened. I used to love watching the Original Series reruns on Sci-Fi, and the trailers made me think that this was the beginning. I was wrong. Just as a note, this is NOT a prequel. It is best described as a reboot, but maybe done in a more intelligent way.

All things aside, J.J. Abrams did a great job under the boundaries Paramount gave him. The characters were well done, Chris Pine did a wonderful job and really reminded me of a young Shatner. The special effects were very state of the art. I loved the new warp drive effects, they remind me of the Star Wars hyperspace jumps.

There is some content warnings though. The crew of the U.S.S Enterprise doesn't really get along at first, so there is some bad chemistry involved, and with that comes profanities. The swearing isn't much, but seeing as Kirk was invited to Starfleet after getting in a barfight, you can tell there will be some language. A few sexual jokes are made and Kirk gets in bed with a green-skinned, near-human starfleet cadet.

Overall, the movie is worth seeing. Good luck finding a theater that shows it, though. It's destined to be released on DVD soon.
avatar
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
Location : Florida
Posts : 717
None


Back to top Go down

Re: All About Movies

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/13/2009, 22:52

The two girls in that scene are awesomly hot
avatar
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 963
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: All About Movies

Post  0001 on 10/14/2009, 20:38

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:The two girls in that scene are awesomly hot

Ofcourse THAT'S the detail of the movie you noticed... Razz

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4036
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: All About Movies

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/15/2009, 14:33

No.... Just the important part. Razz
avatar
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 963
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Girls are nice...

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 10/18/2009, 12:47

Girls are nice but I am telling you they are not the only aspect of life you must go beyond this and find their is survival then girls. (I am not calling girls as property I am refering to them as their own need for survival first to they are seperate from us. As we are from them.)

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 1219
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Re: All About Movies

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/19/2009, 00:55

Survival? What are you talking about? This is the 21st century and survival is a human nature that was ditched long ago.
Plus, girls are awesome. There's no better feeling then making a girl laugh and looking into her eyes and seeing that heR day has just became that much better.
Girls are the number one key to survival bud.
Wasn't for girls, why.... You'd never be here.
Plus, there is an aspect of family pride involved.
I would absolutly hate to see this families name die, because I could never score a girlfriend.
avatar
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 963
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

survival still exists

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 10/19/2009, 16:45

Yeah but it's best to first take care of yourself then you could get a girlfriend.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 1219
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Re: All About Movies

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 10/19/2009, 17:53

Hmm.
I will proceed to logically conclude that it is one of the highest priorities in life (after serving God) is to chase girls.

Due to technology, we do not have to worry about starving everyday. Just get $20 and go to Safeway, you'll be good. (I assume) Most of us are living with parents, and there are shelters if not, so we all have shelter.

The instincts of every living thing drive it not only to survive, but to further the survival of it's species. That is, once food and shelter are taken care of, it must mate to carry on the species.

Ergo, 'survival' includes girl chasing, as the future of humanity depends on it.

Go forth and multiply, my friends. It is your duty to your species.
avatar
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 456
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: All About Movies

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/21/2009, 00:01

Not to meanion your families name. That's an important part I believe, something that most people don't care about. Oh, and egg, I like you, even if you are a little weird.
avatar
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 963
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: All About Movies

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 10/21/2009, 22:49

Thank you. I pride myself on my weirdism.
avatar
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 456
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: All About Movies

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/29/2009, 00:16

I can tell.

will you guys be surprised if I never marry?
avatar
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 963
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: All About Movies

Post  Jedi Joe on 10/29/2009, 20:41

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:I can tell.

will you guys be surprised if I never marry?

Yes, I would be surprised if you just married once.
avatar
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
Location : Florida
Posts : 717
None


Back to top Go down

Re: All About Movies

Post  0001 on 10/29/2009, 20:55

Ummm why are we talking about girls yet again? Geez, you'd think this site was made up of mostly teenage guys or something.... Razz

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4036
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: All About Movies

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/29/2009, 23:07

1) because it is made up of teenage guys
2) girls are amazing
3) I will only ever marry once, regaurdless of what you guys see me as, the ladies love me, and I already have my eye on the perfect girl.
avatar
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 963
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: All About Movies

Post  0001 on 10/30/2009, 16:15

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:1) because it is made up of teenage guys
2) girls are amazing
3) I will only ever marry once, regaurdless of what you guys see me as, the ladies love me, and I already have my eye on the perfect girl.

Hahahaha, alright I'll give you that. As to #3, just be veddy veddy careful. Wink

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4036
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: All About Movies

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/31/2009, 00:37

Tell me about it.....
Lol
avatar
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 963
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: All About Movies

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 10/31/2009, 13:35

You make me laugh. How can the ladies love you, when they are all too busy admiring my perfect physique?
avatar
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 456
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: All About Movies

Post  0001 on 11/1/2009, 13:23

Sgt Angry Egg wrote:You make me laugh. How can the ladies love you, when they are all too busy admiring my perfect physique?

Oh yes, I cannot understand it either.... Rolling Eyes ( Razz ) I cannot believe I'm even mentioning this, but do we need a girl thread? I'm not so sure though, the internet IS a public place after all...... Wink

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4036
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: All About Movies

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/1/2009, 23:34

HAHAHAHA i was just talking to Master Bassist about this on Halloween....

we've decided that we are going to get a babe thread together (jking) and yea... it was pretty funny.
I think we can get by without one ABL.
avatar
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 963
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: All About Movies

Post  0001 on 11/2/2009, 11:08

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:
........I think we can get by without one ABL.

Alright, that'd be best methinks. Razz

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4036
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: All About Movies

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/2/2009, 17:22

Until you get a girlfriend of course....

Then you can go ahead a make one! Razz Razz
avatar
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 963
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: All About Movies

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 11/2/2009, 20:12

Yes that would be interesting.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 1219
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Re: All About Movies

Post  CgBK10 on 11/9/2009, 20:57

I am a HUGE Star Trek TOS fan! I cannot wait for the DVD! My favorite character is Doctor McCoy, because he's grumpy. Also, his Eyebrows! I can't even raise mine that high. Trust me, I've tried.

Hi, just call me CgB for now, I'm weird.

CgBK10

None
Location : JC, OR
Posts : 15
None


Back to top Go down

Re: All About Movies

Post  Jedi Joe on 11/9/2009, 21:05

CgBK10 wrote:I am a HUGE Star Trek TOS fan! I cannot wait for the DVD! My favorite character is Doctor McCoy, because he's grumpy. Also, his Eyebrows! I can't even raise mine that high. Trust me, I've tried.

Hi, just call me CgB for now, I'm weird.

Amen. I can't decide between Kirk, Spock, and McCoy. All of them are very unique and funny characters.
avatar
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
Location : Florida
Posts : 717
None


Back to top Go down

Re: All About Movies

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 11/9/2009, 21:35

I'm a trekkie, not a doctor! Laughing
avatar
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 456
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: All About Movies

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum