My Life Changing Incident

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Life Changing Incident

Post  0001 on 10/15/2009, 22:48

Well since it's out there, I might as well tell the tail just to get the facts straight. Rolling Eyes

Yes it's true, I did once cuss a kid out, but there is more to it then that. It was in Middle School, a long time ago. I was a small kid, and very shy because I got picked on and beat up a lot. So much to the point that I was suffereing academically for it. At that time I did go to church, but I viewed more as a chore, and did not understand what it meant to have a relationship with God. And I almost never prayed.

I wore a mask, at home I was me, at school I was somebody else. I felt the need to fit in, so I did as everyone else did. Well it didn't work, I wasn't accepted, so I became more corrupt hoping that then I would be accepted. Meanwhile my whole self image was in tatters, and I didn't know what to think. I just got swept alongin the current so to speak. It got to the point where I was swearing, and not at all living by morals or Christian principles.

It all came to a head one day, one of my many bullies, who also was trying to "fit in" with the group, decided to throw all my stuff off my desk onto the floor, while I was handing in an assignment. Well when I got back, I was mad, REALLY mad. I just chewed that kid to pieces, I still remember the goading smile he had on his face. Man I used every word in the book on him.

Then suddenly something happened, time froze. It was comparable to an out-of-body experience. I was standing there, looking down at the scene, and my conscience says to me; literally says to me: "Look at this, look at this monster you have become. You are no better then them, you live a double life, you hate them and yourself. Do you think this is what God wants? Arn't you supposed to be a Christian?" So I sat there stunned. Time started up again, and I sat down, without saying another word. I thought about that the rest of the day. That night, I prayed, for the first time REALLY prayed to God, asking me to help sort this thing out. This was not the person I wanted to be. I wanted to shed this monster, before it totally consumed me.

That very week I convinced my mom to Homeschool me. And I left that wretched place. After that horrid day I pledged to NEVER sink that low again, to devout myself to a Christian lifestyle, and to have that personnal relationship with God, for he was the only one who could truly save me from myself.

The story doesn't end there though, not by a long shot. I still took a couple classes at the school. Ad one day in the hall, the kid I swore out tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around and looked him in the eye, not knowing what to expect. To my surprise he apologized to me, for picking on me, and making me feel so bad. He was the very first person to ever do that. I said it was alright, and we shook hands. From then one, we actually became friends.

I guess the moral of that whole incident was that I needed that to lead me to God, like a lost sheep being finally found by his master. I needed that to show me how wrong I was, and that I needed God to guide me. And because of that incident, and the relationship with God formed then, we are all here on the C.A.A. forums right now. Because surely the C.A.A. would not have happened for if that incident hadn't happened. It was the major turning point in my life, I'm never looking back.

The ultimate irony here is, for all that time I was living a double life, trying to fit in, I never did. But when I shed that double life, and became me, I actually became one of the more populer gus in school, everybody knew me. Now popularity doesn't matter, not in the least, but the sheer irony of it makes it worth being mentioned here. So there you have it, that's how I was, and how I became who I am today. Very Happy

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: My Life Changing Incident

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/16/2009, 03:47

*applause*

cheers
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 10/16/2009, 07:01

affraid

ABL, I still can't believe you cussed someone out, even after telling me on Xfire. God must have really knocked some sense into you if you went from that, to what you are now... Amazing!
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

we all have troubles

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 10/16/2009, 10:22

The troubles in life are the series of events God uses to strengthen our faith.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/16/2009, 14:08

Or kill us Smile
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 10/16/2009, 17:26

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:Or kill us Smile

No. God always works to strengthen us as people, so that we may better serve him. Having us dead doesn't help him any.

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/16/2009, 23:51

Well. Now that depends.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

But if you accepted Jesus...

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 10/17/2009, 18:38

You are useful to God if you die and Jesus is your personal Lord and Savior.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/28/2009, 23:36

A blind fool with blind faith.....

Is still a blind fool.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 10/29/2009, 19:00

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:A blind fool with blind faith.....

Faith is supposed to be blind, that's kinda the whole point. Everyone can believe and commit themselves to something they can see and touch. Just look at society. Only certain people can believe in what they actually CANNOT see, but only feel. I'm kind of getting tired of pointing this out all the time, unfortunatly, by the time you find out the truth, you'll be dead and it'll be too late.....

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/29/2009, 20:04

Plan on it buddy
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 10/29/2009, 20:33

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:Plan on it buddy

HAHAHAHA, if you mean what I THINK you mean, you're gonna be in for quiet a surprise come your judgement day....... Sad

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 10/29/2009, 21:38

People always forget Judgement day.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 10/29/2009, 21:41

Cpt. Crinkle wrote:People always forget Judgement day.

That's right, even Christians will be judged, they will atone for EACH and EVERY ONE of our sins that we commited in our lives. But because of our faith, Jesus will act as our lawyer. At least that's how I've come to understand it.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 10/29/2009, 21:58

True.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/29/2009, 22:40

Ack. I'm already in pretty deep.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 10/30/2009, 15:31

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:Ack. I'm already in pretty deep.

Yeah, but it doesn't really matter, God forgives all sin, if asked. Wink

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/30/2009, 16:44

Food for though....
Don't do drugs.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 11/1/2009, 13:06

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:Food for though....
Don't do drugs.

Umm yes, VERY good food for thought. LISTEN TO HIM! EVERYBODY! Very Happy

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/1/2009, 22:58

HAHAHA.. sorry, i know that was random, but i was talking to a girl i know... and she smokes. Shes also 14.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 11/2/2009, 10:52

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:HAHAHA.. sorry, i know that was random, but i was talking to a girl i know... and she smokes. Shes also 14.

Ouch, I'm sorry. To the prayer thread anyone? Wink

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/2/2009, 17:18

I fixed her. Smile

ooooo! oooo!

wanna know how?

SPORTS!
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 11/3/2009, 20:05

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:I fixed her. Smile

ooooo! oooo!

wanna know how?

SPORTS!

Wait what? Explain please. Laughing

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/3/2009, 22:30

Yessir.

The love of her life, (besides me), is Soccer....

HOWEVER, she was smoking weed and we got in this HUGE battle about it. SHE was claiming that weed just makes you stupid, and doesnt really cause any lasting harm. *cough* bullsh*t *cough*... sorry... Anyways, we were fighting and fighting and fighting until finally I had a brain spark....
Asked her if she liked soccer.
'yes'...
Asked her if she loved soccer
'of course'
Asked her if she would rather smoke pot... (weed, whatever... cant keep track of the names.)
'well..... no.'
Told her if she got caught, then she would NEVER play soccer again, because A) School would ban you, B) Nobody whats a pothead on their team.
'True.........'

As far as i can tell, she's been clean ever since.
No more random texts at 11pm to 4am anymore... she always makes sense in her texts... Hasnt commented or said she's smoke recently...

I'd say job well done. Smile
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 11/4/2009, 16:31

Well acually it takes 900 joints to kill a 164 pound man.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top