The world has no respect

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The world has no respect

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 10/28/2009, 08:22

A lot of the world and it's evils are trying to fight Christianity out of everything but stand strong and through suffering we will have better faith.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 1219
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Re: The world has no respect

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/28/2009, 23:53

Not really.
avatar
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 963
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: The world has no respect

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 10/29/2009, 21:27

What about Christians in other countries? They have problems like in Iraq.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 1219
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Re: The world has no respect

Post  0001 on 10/29/2009, 21:37

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:Not really.

Give me a break. Rolling Eyes Lttle known fact: Christianity is the MOST persecuted faith on the planet, you know why? Because it is the 1 rtue faith, and Satan WANTS us to fail. To fall for the false prophets and promises of this world. And many fall right for it.

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4044
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: The world has no respect

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/29/2009, 22:54

You are wrong my friend. The Jews are the most procecuted. NOTHING in this world or in heaven can make up for hitlers dirty work.
Plus, the only reason we are the 'most prosecuted' faith is our sheer numbers.
If a small group of people hate christains, they hate about.... What, half? Of the worlds population? (just guessing I have no idea how much of the world is christain.)
avatar
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 963
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: The world has no respect

Post  0001 on 10/30/2009, 15:44

Well sure, the Nazi genocide was the largest single most incident to date. Persecute doesn't neccesarily mean kill though. It's more like, being attacked, shunned, etc... As far as killing goes, it's tough, as many religions get slaughtered on a regular basis, just because of intolerance. It's sad really. In general though, Christianity is the one that gets attacked the most, ie. court casis, incidents like that pin one, etc... Although, true statistics are difficult to ascertain, for the reasons that you stated.

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4044
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: The world has no respect

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/30/2009, 16:55

Yea... I mean if you have a huge mass of people as one religion, there
is a good chance that stat is going to jump.
avatar
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 963
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: The world has no respect

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 10/31/2009, 09:51

Thing is we need fewer conflicting ideas among us.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 1219
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Re: The world has no respect

Post  0001 on 11/1/2009, 13:24

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:Yea... I mean if you have a huge mass of people as one religion, there
is a good chance that stat is going to jump.

Yeah, that's very true. Plus the accuracy of the stat itself can often be an issue. So perhaps I should retract my prior statement due to I might not be able to statistically back it up. Razz

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4044
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: The world has no respect

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 11/1/2009, 17:45

We need to develop more peace and better ways of handling disagreements unless war is the only way.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 1219
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Re: The world has no respect

Post  0001 on 11/1/2009, 19:26

Cpt. Crinkle wrote:We need to develop more peace and better ways of handling disagreements unless war is the only way.

Exactly, that is one of the biggest areas that we need to improve in as a race. As a species, we are WAY to prone to violence over nothing at all.

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4044
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: The world has no respect

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/1/2009, 23:23

Well, if done right it gets things done.
avatar
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 963
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: The world has no respect

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 11/2/2009, 19:57

By having fewer conflicts is nearly impossible because satan is always moving throughout our world. So we must strenghthen ourselves against him and his evil convictions.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 1219
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Re: The world has no respect

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/2/2009, 21:52

I do not think there is a Satan.

I mean... if we have free will, we do evil because we see evil and 'society' deems it 'cool'... Thats just Human nature and free will.
avatar
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 963
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: The world has no respect

Post  0001 on 11/3/2009, 20:30

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:I do not think there is a Satan.

I mean... if we have free will, we do evil because we see evil and 'society' deems it 'cool'... Thats just Human nature and free will.

Not quite, Satan's entire goal is to lead us away from God. Satan loves atheists and people who do not trust in God, or actively work aganst him. He uses our own inner wickedness, and material and bodily wants to control us and our actions. Without God we easily are snared in his trap, since we already want to be there.

Without God we are vulnerable not only to him, but to his lieutenants, such as demons (who exist) and his trickery (such as ghosts and ghouls). Without God he can conjure these things to attack us. Not only that, but he feeds our evil want to serve ourselves, and be selfish. Through his many tactics, people fall into his snare. And that's where a lot of our problems come from. It really comes down to Adam and Eve, who were the first to fall for his trickery.

Also a little known fact: God has the power to read our minds, Satan does not, he can only use what we say, and write. And he will use that stuff to get us as good as possible. But once you accept God, then pretty much you get a shield from that stuff. Even though we still often trip up. God will forgive us, as long as we are proactive at changing the behavior.

I did a terrible job of explaining it here, but I'm terribley un-knowledgable about the Devil and his workings.

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4044
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: The world has no respect

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/4/2009, 21:10

Hmm... See, I don't think so. Humans are bad enough by ourselves.
avatar
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 963
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: The world has no respect

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 11/4/2009, 21:18

Well humans are imperfect we can do good things but we can also come under evil.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 1219
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Re: The world has no respect

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/5/2009, 16:37

But what IS evil?

An idea?
because I believe that evil is an idea and an interpretation of Humans.
For instance, does anyone here think that Hitler was evil?

Obviously.
Now, do you think Hitler thought he was evil?

Obviously not.
I think that there is no devil, because we as humans are completely free to do whatever the hell (no pun intended) we want. No 'devil' is forcing me to do evil or to do bad things. Now, you may say that the 'devil' uses Humans and their actions to produce more evil in others, but it that persons free will to do whatever they want... Correct?
avatar
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 963
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: The world has no respect

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 11/5/2009, 17:02

So you're saying that the devil can be considered as a personification, a metaphor, for the temptation to do evil, but is not an actual entity, yes?
avatar
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 456
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: The world has no respect

Post  0001 on 11/5/2009, 21:46

Well he does exist, but no he does not "control" people (unless they are possesed etc...) But yeah we have free will, so no he doesn't influence us directly per se. BUT he can influence things to "happen" to us if we are not protected by God. You know random things in life that go bad at the worst possible time. Yeah, that's kinda how he works. True humans are evil on our own, and true we do have free will. But the Devil still exists to taunt and mess with us.

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4044
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: The world has no respect

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/5/2009, 22:31

Sgt Angry Egg wrote:So you're saying that the devil can be considered as a personification, a metaphor, for the temptation to do evil, but is not an actual entity, yes?

I hate you egg....
YOU ARE TOO DANG GOOD AT THIS.

Yes. EXACTLY what I meant.
avatar
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 963
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: The world has no respect

Post  0001 on 11/5/2009, 22:34

You are half right, he is a metaphor, but also an actual being. NEVER forget that, because the devil is out to get Christians, I have a story if you want to hear it. But NEVER let your guard down to him, or he'll.............do things to you. Shocked

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4044
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: The world has no respect

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/5/2009, 22:40

Sure, shoot. I got all night
avatar
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 963
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: The world has no respect

Post  0001 on 11/5/2009, 22:45

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:Sure, shoot. I got all night

Alright, it's quite a rant, so I'll post it in the Christian area....

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4044
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: The world has no respect

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/5/2009, 22:46

ALrighty
avatar
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 963
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: The world has no respect

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum