God vs Science?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: God vs Science?

Post  0001 on 10/29/2009, 21:43

Cpt. Crinkle wrote:As long as they fit together.

Well yeah. Generally where science and Christianity fight, is where Human ambition and meddling in natural processes is involved.

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/29/2009, 22:24

Ugh. Science is not supposed to be biased. What it is... What it is supposed to be is the observation of a phenominon, and then a logical explanation.
God is not a logical explantion.
Yes, to us it is, but not to anyone else. I can't explain away magnitism with 'god'
just because, evolution for example, is amazinly complicated and science does not understand it yet, does not make god the answer.
We used to think the sun revolved around the earth, and the church believed that, because, well... The blindly believed in god and said 'well he won't lead us astray'.... When in fact... They were wrong.
My point is, while god may be the answer, we can't just go... Ooooh... I don't know how that works.... GOD!
Science is supposed to look at all possible answers....
Even if you don't 'agree' with me, I have a point, no?
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 10/30/2009, 15:39

You have a score of about 50/100 with what you just said. You are half right, Science does work to explain what's going on, and God is not an explanation if we don't understand something, he's just part of the whole picture. And Science is biased, it's totally biased to itself.

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 10/30/2009, 15:53

God is a perfectly logical, possible explanation for what caused the Big Bang. I can't think of anything else that might've. Well, maybe pulsars or whatever those things on the edge of the universe are called, but then, what created them?

Science is in no way biased. Neither is Christianity. It's the people who are. Science in itself only says "Here are the facts about the universe. Make of them what you will", while Christianity says "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if we all tried to be nice to each other, like that groovy Jesus dude was nice to people, even mean tax collectors and such?"

Unfortunately, people tend to say things like "Science disproves God!" or "Science is wrong. God planted all those dinosaur skeletons to test our faith" because they themselves are biased.
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 10/30/2009, 16:12

^ HAHAHAHAHA! You are so totally RIGHT! Oh man, I totally missed that entirely, it's the PEOPLE that are biased, of course! Man I can't believe I missed that.... Razz

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/30/2009, 16:36

YOU

are an idiot.
Thank you egg.
And my point is that maybe there is an explanation for the big bang, but god is behind THAT explanation.
So... I'm saying that god is the reason behind the start. But up until then, science will try to expalin everything. It isn't biased. Just some people who read the data.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 10/31/2009, 09:46

Acually science tends to fit into Christianity pretty easily. Insult this all you want but this is my conclusion.

Last edited by Cpt. Crinkle on 11/7/2009, 19:48; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Legibility)

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 11/1/2009, 12:46

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:YOU

are an idiot.
Thank you egg.
And my point is that maybe there is an explanation for the big bang, but god is behind THAT explanation.
So... I'm saying that god is the reason behind the start. But up until then, science will try to expalin everything. It isn't biased. Just some people who read the data.

Actually when you just said that, I made a realization, I think maybe I've been misunderstanding you. Yeah, as you say, God made it all happen, and science explains how it happened from our point of view as in from a point of view in this uiverse. In which case Genesis AND the big bang happened, because they both explain the same thing, from different points of view. So I guess what I'm trying to say is, both points of view go together to make the whole story. Not that we should choose one or the other. (Not be so dogmatic as to just believe only one, because THEY BOTH EXPLAIN THE SAME THING.) I'm ot sure if you understand what I'm trying to say, because I can't really think of how to put it into words effecively. And yeah, I am an idiot sometimes, because I totally missed the point Egg brought up in my prior arguments -which is totally true by the way. Razz

@Crinkle: Same can be said for YOU. Wink But in this case it's alright, usually when Powned calls me an idiot, he's meaning in friendly jest, I mean we all know him in real life, and we frequently call each other idiots, don't we Powned? Razz

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/5/2009, 22:01

HAHA, among many other things ABL.

Crinkle, while this may be visible to all, ABL laughs when he reads my posts.

It's no big deal, we are all friends here.

And that is exactly what I mean ABL, we just need to wait for Egg to come in here and say it in a way no one else can... like usual.

Because WE'RE idoits like that. Wink
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 11/5/2009, 22:04

^ Exactly, we fight, we laugh, we cry, and Egg saves our shebs in the end. Wink Razz

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/5/2009, 22:06

yuppers. Razz Wink
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 11/5/2009, 22:07

Cool
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/5/2009, 22:11

LOOK! I found an Egg!
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 11/6/2009, 15:15

Well I am a person who tends to be on the opposite side I suppose.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/6/2009, 18:21

No, you just don't like me or my opinions. That's fine by me, I wave no authority over that.

However... I do believe I hold the 'on the opposite side' crown at the moment! Cool
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 11/7/2009, 12:48

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:
However... I do believe I hold the 'on the opposite side' crown at the moment! Cool

Well yeah, but you bring up some good points. It's imprtant to talk about this stuff.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 11/7/2009, 14:50

I believe we should all look at the pros and cons of an issue. I really need to consider both sides of an issue.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/7/2009, 17:49

Whch would be? You are just as bad.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 11/8/2009, 11:35

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:Whch would be? You are just as bad.

Hahaha, we all are, not just you guys. Often times we all forget to look at both sides.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 11/8/2009, 13:07

I think the best science to me was biology. I am terrible at math and there was hardly any in that class.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/9/2009, 22:41

Okay.... Let's go down that road shall we?

I'm taking biology this up coming term... But it's not really my thing.

I love the mathematical side of science. Precise numbers are very easy to deal with.. No creativity involved Smile
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 11/10/2009, 16:28

Well you will enjoy physics then. I had it with Yarb and that was a cool class. Except the math part.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 11/10/2009, 18:22

I'm the same way. I like physics waaay more than biology.
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 11/11/2009, 09:02

Physics was a fun class except for the math. Our teacher was a really good guy. I had fun doing this class since we acually got to do a few experiments.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 11/11/2009, 11:52

@Egg: Yeah Physics is amazing! I love figuring out the rules which ditate the way objects in our universe act and react, it's so utterly fascinating. Very Happy

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum