Some of my experiences with the Devil

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Some of my experiences with the Devil

Post  0001 on 11/5/2009, 23:25

We all know about the Devil, or Satan. The fallen Angel. He is basically God's (and therefore our) mortal enemy. I could spend some time discussing him himself, but I'm really not all that knowledgable about him, and it honestly creeps me out talking about him. Because he is reading this now, and will try to find a way to use it against me.

So we'll start, and as usual, I'll be going off personal experience mostly. There are two main facts about the Devil. 1. He cannot read your mind, only what you write and say. 2. Like God he usually works indirectly. However, he can work directly, either through black magic, possesion, etc... It's creepy but true, I've seen it happen.

So as Christians, what does he mean to us? Well, as soon as you give your life to God, he'll be after you. And with a vengeance. It usually won't be obvious, but it will be blunt. He will even use your friends to beat you down. His goal is to wear you down, to question God and attack your faith. If you are Christian he is limited in what he can do, because we are shielded by God. (I am sooo thankful for this, you have no idea.) And like God, I can prove the existence of the Devil through personal experiences, and not so coincidental coincidences.

I'll start out with a couple of these. The first was about a month ago. I was all excited about and for God as I often am. I had just been working on C.A.A. stuff, praying a lot, listening to Christian music, and to top it off, I had a lengthy discussion with my pastor about faith the night before. So I was like all fired up for God, I felt ready to go out and save a thousand souls. So the next day started out pretty normal, I was really phsyched about how I could better serve God that day. (Note: I'm not just saying this, I seriously get high on God, I feel so energised and empowered, and I'm so devoted to him, I'm like a fanatic, but that's just me.) So I had to go to class as always. And I had economics and pysics that day.

Economics started out as usual, but somehow faith came up, and was briefly attacked. But the icing came during physics. When religion in general got attacked in earnest as "dogmatic" "foolish" "stupid" "old fashioned" etc... The teacher did his best to try and curb it, and pointed out how science is the same way. (The teacher is Christian, I think. He acts like he is.) But it was just heaped on, about how dumb faith was, and how it was pointless. I sat there (wearing my Christian shirt I might add) and just took it, like a punch to the gut. (I was too chicken to stand up and say anything.) That really took it out of me. And that night the news was plastered by all this gay rights nonsense, abortion, and empasis on non-Christian views. And all this happened on the very same day that I had been so psyched up on God. Coincidence, ummm no.

And if that isn't enough, it's happened since then. I get all excited and empowered for God, and something happens to bring me down, or create obstacles, things that just appear out of the blue, at the EXACT worst time. I know in retrospct all the faith arguments we had here on the forums were a good thing, but fact is, they were happening at the same time the above was. So it all compiled to feel like an all out ofense on my beliefs. That's how the Devil works. He wants us to lose sight of Jesus, to bow to his immorality and coruption. He takes many forms, and always works through influence.

The point is, never let your guarg down to this trickster. He wants us to fail, and not only that, he wants to publicize it when it happens. He seeks to ruin us and draw others away from the light of God. BUT we can fight this, by trusting in and following God, he gives us the strength we need to combat the Devil's tricks.

Here's another example of the Devil working on me. We were going to NAG (gymnastics place) with friends. And to go there if you are under 18 you have to have your parent sign for you. Well our friends were unorganized and didn't have the sheets ready when they picked us up. So I ended up signin for my brother and another friend. They wouldn't accept it. So a scheme was cooked up, we would "go get our parents signatures" (drive around the block while forging). (BTW: NAG is in Springfield, so actually having our parents sign was out of the question, it's a 45 min drive one-way.)

So out to the car we went,. I had some SERIOUS issues with this. 1. We were supposed to be Christians, was this Christian? 2.Forgery is a federal ofense. 3. Lying is a major sin, equal to adultry actually. So I had a serious issue with no obvious answer. I basically had two options:
A. Go along with it, break my morals, decieve someone, and commit a federal offense. But make my friends happy because we could go in then.
B. Upset my friends, be square with God, and do the right thing, even though this view was VERY unpopular at that moment.

So I played it over in my head. I serious moral issues with this. (I know it was simple, but it's the PRINCIPLE of it, if I compromise on some things, where do I draw the line? God wants us all or nothing, we can't pick and choose depending on what is most convenient at the time.) Meanwhile the Devil taunted me, mostly through my friends. Reminding me that "it was no big deal" "Even though the amish cannot own cars, they can ride in them" etc... Obviously they had no problem with it. In the end it came down to this: At the end of my life, I will kneel before God for judgment, and I will atone for each and every one of my sins. All sins are equally bad, regardless of what society says, adultry, lying, greed, are all the same. So, should I go with my friends because its most convenient, or do I go with God? I pictured myself on judgement day. My friends will get over it, God will not.

I told them this was wrong, we were Christians and we shouldn't be doing this. Then I picked up my phone, called my parents, and told them everything. My freinds were going off but I didn't care, I stuck to my guns, and denied the Devil.

Here's where God comes in, at the 11 hour as he always does, God saved the day. Not only did my parents get the signatures for the forms, not only for my brother and I, but for our other friend as well. And when we explained the situation to the NAG people, they had a change of heart, and let us go and play while our parents brought the signed sheets. So in the end, it all worked out. If we had just done the right thing to begin with, then it would have worked out even faster. In that moment I lived on faith alone. Trusting in God that it would all work out, and it did. So really this story makes two points. The first is how the Devil is always trying to trip us up. And the second being that when we do trust in God, even when it's not the most popular, then it will work out. We just need to have faith.

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: Some of my experiences with the Devil

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/5/2009, 23:32

But my point is...
the devil acts on you through other people, correct?
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 11/5/2009, 23:41

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:But my point is...
the devil acts on you through other people, correct?

Basically yes. But more like "not so random, random coincidences" would be the most accurate way to describe it. You could argue it was just the people doing it, but my point is not that the people were doing it, it was the precise timing at which these incidents occured, relative to other incidents, specifically God-oriented ones. The people were just there at the right time and right place, they had no idea. But the whole chess game of happenings to make it all occur at just those precise times, was influenced subtly and anonymously by the Devil. It's extremally complex, and could be catagorized as random coincidences, except for the pattern and regularity at which they occur "randomly". In other words, without a master behind the scenes, the sheer odds of them spontaniously working out with such frequency and timing are mathematically staggeringly small.

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/5/2009, 23:52

i just read the basically yes part of your post.

but, the devil doesn't act directly through the person he's affecting?
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 11/5/2009, 23:58

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:i just read the basically yes part of your post.

but, the devil doesn't act directly through the person he's affecting?

Correct, we all have free will. UNLESS the person is possesed by a Demon. But that is a totally different story, so lets leave it for now, and just say , yes you are right.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/6/2009, 00:01

Okay.. here i go.. how can you be affected by a person doing the devil's will, if the devil cant influance YOU. If he cant influance you, he cant influance the other people to cause an affect on YOU. It's self defeating in the context you are trying to explain it.

The devil does not exist because HUMANS have free will. We get to do whatever we want. If i want to punch someone, is that the devil doing that? If i want to help someone, is that god doing that?

If so, doesnt that in turn defeat 'free will'?
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 11/6/2009, 00:04

Alright, I guess it would be more accurate to say that both God and the Devil usually influence our surroundings bringing the people together who already hold the proper pieces, at specific times. Although occasionally they will influnce people directly. But yeah, punching someone, stepping in front of a train. Yeah, that's all you and you're free will under normal circumstances.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/6/2009, 00:05

HA! I win Smile

If the devil is bad and God all powerful, why not get rid of him?
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 11/6/2009, 00:09

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:HA! I win Smile

If the devil is bad and God all powerful, why not get rid of him?

That's coming. The end of the world is when that happens. It's incredibly complicated to explain why it hasn't happened, and I don't fully understand it because I'm merely a weary mortal. Laughing

EDIT: OH! I know why! It's because of an agreement between God and Satan. That's why, I forgot. God can't destroy him yet for some reason. I just vagualy recall it had to do with some agreement.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/6/2009, 00:13

stupid.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 11/6/2009, 07:35

Very nice observation, ABL. The devil works in mysterious ways just like God does, although God actually provides good things. I have been attacked by the devil many times, especially when I really got into science. I now have a strong belief system that God and science go hand and hand, because God made science. Every time satan attacked me, God helped me prevail each and every one of those time.
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 11/6/2009, 10:17

^ Exactly Joe. God is awesome like that, and yeah I TOTALLY understand where you are coming from on that one. It looks like that yet again, we are quite similer in our experiences. Smile

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 11/6/2009, 15:12

The devil can cause any evil upon any person with the help of any person.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 11/7/2009, 12:49

Cpt. Crinkle wrote:The devil can cause any evil upon any person with the help of any person.

Pretty much, to sum it all up.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 11/7/2009, 14:44

I have had attacks against myself by the devil everyone does and the best you can do is have faith in Jesus.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/7/2009, 17:50

Oh really, exames mr. Crinkle?
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 11/7/2009, 19:45

God eventually tries to draw the "lost sheep" back to his light and love.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/7/2009, 20:31

Sorry, I meant to say examples, not whatever it is I did say.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 11/8/2009, 11:32

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:Sorry, I meant to say examples, not whatever it is I did say.

Sounded like you said "exams", but yeah, I think we got your meaning. Laughing

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 11/8/2009, 13:13

But as I posted above is an example. By the way Jesus really liked to draw in the sand until people leave.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 11/8/2009, 18:45

Cpt. Crinkle wrote:But as I posted above is an example. By the way Jesus really liked to draw in the sand until people leave.

Not exactly, it was to prove a point. Make sure to contain the context of what you are saying in your posts, otherwise people will look at what you just said and say "huh?". Wink

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/9/2009, 22:32

I do that on every single one of his posts.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 11/10/2009, 16:24

Yes, I like confusing people on my posts.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 11/10/2009, 18:26

Unnecessary ambiguity is a good way to get your posts deleted and lose respect.
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 11/11/2009, 09:04

I try to keep my posts good except sometimes I have those times I really feeling like random posting.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top