Gun Control

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gun Control

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/29/2009, 00:52

Ah, here we go.
Gun control has been a topic we haven't hit yet, and I do believe it's time we do talk about it.

So, the basics of gun control is side a)
no one should be able to have guns, thus making it safer for the public

and side b)
in the consitution, every citizen is allowed to own a firearm. We should allow guns so people may protect themselves and gather food for their families.

I personally agree with side b. This is mostly because if no one was allowed to own a gun, and a criminal did actually have one, he could mow down a TON of people and they couldn't do squat.

Post your thoughts
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun Control

Post  Jedi Joe on 11/29/2009, 09:15

Gun control is a bad idea. It goes against our constitution, and only gives the government more control.

Besides, do these people really think that doing this will solve any problems? The people who want to do bad stuff would still find ways to get the guns... Rolling Eyes
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/29/2009, 10:53

My point exactly, plus does anyone know about what Obama wants to do with guns and ammo? Ammo has been super scarce lately, and it has to do with Obama, but I'm not educated on it.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 11/29/2009, 11:38

I think it's better somewhere in the middle, some control, and some freedom. As you guys pointed out, criminals would still be able to get guns somehow. But I also think they are the root of a LOT of problems, so they should not be totally un-restricted. So some restriction, and some freedom.

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 11/29/2009, 15:46

Just give everyone gun locks and get rid of automatic weapons. This issue is over whether to keep automatic weapons in order. We should get rid of these except military because why does a private citizen need an automatic weapon?

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 11/29/2009, 18:33

Well...... Most people don't your right. BUT I think gun collectors/true enthusiasts should be allowed because they are genuinly into guns, and really only use them at the range anyway. So I don't think they should be denied that right. Besides, it sets a dangerous precident, which is the biggest issue with it.

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 11/29/2009, 19:32

I just think we should leave the gun rights alone. We are quite alright with what we have now.
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/29/2009, 21:02

Maybe.... But that's not the point. We are supposed to argue... Ben, how do you propose to have 'some control' over guns? And how could you tell a 'true enthusiast' from a dude with a screwed up hobby? There is something about ammo. Ammo is getting really scarce, and that Is because everyone is stocking up. Obama might illegalize guns all together....
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 11/29/2009, 21:29

Oh come on! Do realize the stupidity of your thinking? The Supreme Court would strike that down in a second.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/29/2009, 22:00

Strike down outlawing guns? I'm pretty sure that's up to congress, not the court system.... scratch But whatever. No I do not realize the stupidity of what everyone is thinking. If I was the only person thinking it, why would there be no ammo avalible at Bi-Mart? Why is there a huge line of people on delivery days for sporting good stores? Everyone is scared and wants to stock up. I am doing the same thing. I own a semi-auto thirty ot six, and that may soon become illegal. Obama will push semi autos as a mitiary thing, and then you will no longer be able to buy them.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 11/29/2009, 22:03

I might be buying an automatic weapon after I turn 18. I really hope Mr. Obama doesn't restrict them from purchase.
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/29/2009, 22:54

Oh, I definatly plan to buy a glock, or maybe a G3... I love G3s

PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 11/30/2009, 07:13

Where is your source for this information? IT'S BOGUS! Also why are people spreading more paranoia it's extremely stupid and people believe that. Wow we are losing ourselves to the ideas people put out in the media.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 11/30/2009, 19:16

Crinkle's right on this one. The whole gun thing with the ammo, is all paranoia based on shaky suspicion and guess work. Everyone is shivering in feer that Obama is some anti-christ out to get all their rights. People are stupid, and love to dwell on worst-case scenarios. I've heard really very little about gun control at all. Not since he was campaigning anyways. And how I propose they moderate it is through background checks, personal historys, etc... That's how you can tell the difference.

I'm not really one for guns in general, they are big cause of problems, if they were outlawed completly I could care less. It's more about the precedent. If they can limit this freedom, what does that mean for future cases? That's what concerns me.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/30/2009, 19:51

Well, here's the thing ABL. As a whole, America was founded by the gun. The right to own a rifle is what got this country off the ground. Now, Obama did indeed meantion gun control in his election campnge, I watched almost ever press conferance and I did watch ever debate. In fact, the only thig the two men agreed on was that NCAA football conferance needs a playoffs system.

When Obama mentioned it, ammuntion immeditally sold out. It wasn't so much the resctricion of guns, just the ammo.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 11/30/2009, 21:41

The only weapon I would probably buy would be a .22 lever action.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 12/1/2009, 00:43

Eh. The half-cock safeties on those aren't very good... A pain to set, and easy to slip out of. I personaly like semi auto rifles myself. While less accurate than pretty much everything else... If you miss or need another shot... It's easy. If I ever join the army, or anything like that, I am going to be running around with a .50 cal sniper rifle... About a mile out of the battle zone, in a cave thingy.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 12/1/2009, 10:15

Hahaha, I just pictured you with a Beret (SP?) 50-Cal. That's an image I'm never gonna get out of my mind. Razz

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 12/5/2009, 18:47

Lol.. Barrett .50 Cal

Amazing guns...

You can't NOT laugh...

Wow....

That's a BIG bullet

Oh, I like the hat.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 12/6/2009, 13:13

We are all terrorists to ourselves run run for your lives.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 12/6/2009, 22:19

Love the Barret, wow what a gun.... <3

I want that shirt too btw... Razz

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 12/8/2009, 13:37

You don't need that heavy of a weapon. What would you use it for? And also why would you need an automatic weapon? when you cannot use it to hunt.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 12/10/2009, 22:59

He was speaking theoretically, the Berret is a Military Sniper/all purpose weapon. Razz

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 12/11/2009, 18:49

So you could only fire the weapon a couple times before you need to not shoot for a while.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 12/15/2009, 17:37

Guns: the ultimate manhood compensator.
Nyuk nyuk nyuk Smile
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason