PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun Control

Post  80-0 on 1/30/2010, 15:00

I haven't the time to read the seven pages of no doubt fruitful and relevant discussion here, but the following are my thoughts on gun control:

Gun control, as well as other government institutions intended to allow control of law-abiding citizens, is self-defeating. Instead of restricting gun-use by law-abiding self-controlled citizens, we need to be cracking down on illegal gun usage and sales! After all, it isn't the honest hard-working man who wants to protect his family who needs to be controlled: it's the man who has underworld connections looking to get fully automatic weaponry from illegal purveyors who needs to be controlled.

And yes, the Barretts is a beeyotch.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 1/30/2010, 19:13

Good point 80-0, you know, that is really what we need to do.

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 1/31/2010, 09:05

Well I will peacefully help people while you try to shoot me then you do and then you become doomed when you die so I truly win. And America should keep guns but you don't need automatic weapons.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 1/31/2010, 09:09

Automatic weapons are fun and all, but yes, you should focus your skill on a semi-automatic weapon. Besides, the military should be doing such a good job of protecting us that we wouldn't need automatic weapons.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 1/31/2010, 09:10

Thank you.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 2/1/2010, 22:12

I like auto weapons... Honestly... Face it... The government isn't going to do crap about anything, because Obama is too busy figuring out how to force health care reform through the g'ment
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 2/2/2010, 06:26

yup. which is why he is a failure, and which is why I want him to continue to fail.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/2/2010, 15:51

@Powned: Pretty much, I think guns are the very least of his concerns right now.
@80-0: You'll prolly get your wish, but I keep hoping he might wake-up one of these days and do his job. Laughing

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 2/2/2010, 15:55

astoriabluelegos wrote:@80-0: You'll prolly get your wish, but I keep hoping he might wake-up one of these days and do his job. Laughing

Good luck getting that, lol...

I lost the very last sliver of respect for him after he cancelled the Moon Missions for 2019... Mad
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 2/3/2010, 13:21

right....I cant believe he'd do THAT....

How about scrap the Health Care thingy that ONLY HE cares about... and do a moon mission.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/3/2010, 13:36

You could suggest it, but I doubt the message will get through. Laughing

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 2/3/2010, 13:59

Ha... my point.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 2/3/2010, 17:13

At least on this issue people should at least have a gun lock for each gun.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/3/2010, 22:52

Yeah Gun safety is important, but responsible people, as was pointed out, arn't the problem here.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 2/4/2010, 19:41

You people need to come open minded into this issue and not with biases.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/4/2010, 23:33

You are gonna so get owned for that comment, because you are just as baised as anyone else. Saying we should get rid of guns entirely, and ignoring the facts about hunters, self defense, and the people who are actually responsible with guns. The others are gonna fillet you even harder for that comment, just a warning...

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 2/5/2010, 16:06

Yes but I am trying to come in with an open mind yet nobody else is trying. So really lay aside preconceived notions and try thinking on your own.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 2/5/2010, 22:12

Okay.

I think that the White House Admin. should be swapped with the NRA leaders, and that Michael Jordan should team up with Barney and turn America pink, while giving everyone CDO(which is OCD, but arranged in alphabetical order).

How's that for open-minded? Twisted Evil
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 2/6/2010, 08:44

Can anyone really ever think on their own?

I think not.

No matter what we do, we will always be influenced by whatever the heck we are into.

Maybe not to a T but its still makes a think one way to another.

I dont think hunters & responsible gun men should take the beating for silly people that cant figure out how to work a gun, in which case they shouldnt have bought a gun if they dont know how to use it. AND.. The people who buy guns to use them wrecklessly, there is a way to solve that. Its called background checks. When someone buys a gun they could see if there is any history of unusual or wreckless behavior with a gun.

Our whole country got started because of guns. It's being protected currently because of them. A lot of people feel safe because they have a gun by them in case something happens. We have a right as American Citizens to bear arms.

No rights should be taken away because some people abuse them.
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 2/6/2010, 14:55

Cpt. Crinkle wrote:Yes but I am trying to come in with an open mind yet nobody else is trying. So really lay aside preconceived notions and try thinking on your own.

I did.

I came up with everything I said in this thread. silent
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/6/2010, 19:23

@Kombustion: TOTALLY agree entirely, with everything you said. Overall I'm not a staunch gun deffender, but I do like shooting them, and learning how they work, studying them etc... But I think if crackdowns need to be done, they should be done in the criminal world where the problem is the biggest.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 2/6/2010, 19:56

You are also trying to become a reserve deputy.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/6/2010, 23:14

Yeah that's true, which means I will be carrying a gun. But a gun is really just a tool, it's up to the user to decide how it's used. I'd preffer not to carry one, as I'm not too keen on actually using a weapon in a real life scenario for a couple of reasons. (i)Guns are more often lethal then not, that's my biggest problem with them, I'm a big supporter of non-lethal stun weapons, since in my opinion, we are only human, and therefore should not judge who may live, and who may die, that's God's territory. (ii) Guns can be stolen and used against you, I'm not afraid of death in anyway, but I still think it's not a good idea to take risks. But I will still carry one, because that's what law enforcement does.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 2/7/2010, 15:07

Then as the CAA let's build phasers.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2