Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Re: General Gaming

Post  0001 on 6/17/2010, 23:51

Haha yes Joe, and it will only cost you like $250K. Razz

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 6/18/2010, 08:55

Jedi Joe wrote:Old picture is old, 80-0... Razz

I remembered TB posted it on the CABG funny pics topic and I dug it up and pulled it from there. Razz
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 6/18/2010, 19:18

I said iBOARD, not iMAT, ABL... Razz
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 6/21/2010, 17:06

No, he's right. It will cost you 250K. The iMat will cost you 250000K. Razz

In gaming news, Modern Warfare 2 is fun. I'm at level 59 I believe; so close to the ominous Prestige Class! COD 4 is also fun; the problem is the two are so alike I don't know which one to play at times. Razz
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 6/22/2010, 23:03

I've got several friends who are heavily into those games, and the graphics are indeed quite impressive! I imagine you play them on PC yes?

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 6/29/2010, 01:01

No! No no no no no no!

MW2 sucks little round things.

If you are playing on the PC, please go buy Battlefield: Bad Company 2. It. Is. Epic. You actually have to compensate for bullet drop and you have to lead the man you want to kill. MW2 is more of a 'crossheir shooter' where if it's in your crossheirs, it's dead.

Plus, hackers are non existent. BECAUSE YOU CAN'T JUST POINT AT A GUY TO KILL HIM.

Please go buy it, it is the best strategy/shooter in the world. It's an FPS, that requires thinking. Weird, huh?

MW2 sucks, MW is better.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 6/29/2010, 20:39

Oh really? Wow now a game that adds in actual physical principles to gameplay, now that does sound impressive!

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 7/2/2010, 08:46

Bad Company 2 is glitchy on the PC I use for games. When my brother played through the campaign, their was this almost constant flashing on the screen. The campaign was ok, very unrealistic for a number of reasons though. I haven't been able to play BC2 multiplayer because my brother didn't write down the password to the account. Razz

I've heard good things about it, that it's very team-based, and I will say this: I listen to a podcast called Cover Fire brought to you by Off-Duty Gamers.com, which is a site for gaming by veterans, for veterans. I.E. guys who have served in the military discuss the games, how realistic they are, etc.

So MW2 and COD4 are both very impressive as a GAME. BC2 is more tactical, and not so much run-and-gun.

Maybe it's just a glitchy copy of BC2 that I got but I would much like to play multiplayer on that.

Two last things though, what do you mean by "compensate for the bullet drop" and "lead the man you want to kill"?
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 7/12/2010, 23:34

Perhaps 80-0 you're video card or processor was not able to handle the graphics or the effects on the game, or maybe it was just a glitchy copy, I don't know. Bullet drop is the real world physical effect of gravity on a bullet, naturally it drops as it's energy is dissipated. In most games though, guns just shoot straight as an arrow which is technically unrealistic.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 7/17/2010, 19:06

astoriabluelegos wrote: Perhaps 80-0 you're video card or processor was not able to handle the graphics or the effects on the game, or maybe it was just a glitchy copy, I don't know. Bullet drop is the real world physical effect of gravity on a bullet, naturally it drops as it's energy is dissipated. In most games though, guns just shoot straight as an arrow which is technically unrealistic.

Right, so if you shoot horizontal to a guy who's prone to the ground, it will drop and hit him. That's fun.

But in order to do that they'd have to take into account the speed of the bullets, and how much power is behind them, because you can't just fire a few shots and see them drop to the ground 40 feet away.

No, my processor and video card are top of the line; otherwise it wouldn't be able to handle MW2. I think it's just a bad copy.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 7/17/2010, 20:41

Yep precisely. Ah, well go out and get a good one then! Razz

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 7/24/2010, 20:31

astoriabluelegos wrote:In most games though, guns just shoot straight as an arrow which is technically unrealistic.

Don't arrows have an "arrow-drop"? Razz
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 7/26/2010, 05:56

Yes, but the straightness of the arrow itself is what the saying "straight as an arrow" is derived from. Arrows themselves are not bent. Wink
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 8/9/2010, 15:40

Haha true true 80-0. Laughing

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 9/23/2010, 22:06

Jedi Joe wrote:
astoriabluelegos wrote:In most games though, guns just shoot straight as an arrow which is technically unrealistic.

Don't arrows have an "arrow-drop"? Razz

not in bf2 the accuracy is horrible in that game also unrealistic though... lol
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 9/23/2010, 23:01

Haha yeah.....I've heard that from others as well.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 2/18/2011, 15:01

Does/has anyone play minecraft? Or ADVENT?
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/22/2011, 18:07

No, in fact I've never even heard of them, care to fill us in?

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top