Gender Roles

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gender Roles

Post  0001 on 1/23/2010, 22:52

This is one of my little side interests, the study of gender and how that fits into how we percieve each other, and how we interact in society. Men and Women are so different, and our ideas about them and how they act vary so much. What are your guys' thoughts?

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: Gender Roles

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 1/24/2010, 00:27

THIS is how you replace not having a girlfriend?! Lol, honestly... You really shouldn't try to study that...

BUT, in all honesty, it depends on who ya ask.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 1/24/2010, 11:27

NO you should try and study this, the way male and female interact and view life is VERY important for understanding organizational structure and function. It's all psycology. I have the oppurtunity to sit back and observe others, it's really quite fascinating how people interact. Then I take that knowledge and apply it hear, so that we may function better with different people.

And yeah it depends on who you ask, but there are some very key features that I'm sure everyone observes. Such as in general, girls have to dress slutty, yet act innocent. Guys have to be mindless jerks, obsessed with sports, lack commitment, and in general simpletins.

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 1/24/2010, 19:42

Girls & guys are definitely different...
@ABL, Girls dont HAVE to dress slutty, some choose to because they feel thats the only way they can get a guy's attention, these are mostly the girls who have deeper insecurities, or has WAY too much confidence in themself. It really depends on the person. & I dont think guys have to be obsessed with sports at all... Although, I rather enjoy sports so it helps to like them a little (but thats just me...). & do you know how many girls absolutely WISH they didnt have jerky boyfriends? That they wish they could find a guy that would actually be nice? A LOT of girls.. The thing is, the nice guys just never broadcast themselves out there. So girls can never find the nice guy because they are all hiding..
That is how I perceive things...
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 1/24/2010, 22:48

Although it is good to study one's environment, I believe that Ben studying his environment will not involve studying girls.

Ok, that was uncalled for, but I couldn't resist!

In my opinion, men and women are very similar in their goals, but very different in their attempts to obtain said goal. The goal is, quite frankly, sex. (Those of you more sensitive to my terminology may say "marriage" and let carnal relations be implied). Everything anyone has ever done has been done, directly or indirectly, to improve the chances of getting laid and spreading one's genes.

Women think they have to be pretty to attract a man. Hence, your sluts in skimpy outfits. Not all girls dress slutty, but they do all wish they could be prettier. My girlfriend wishes she had better shoulders, her friend wants skinny thighs, etc.

Men want to be attractive to women as well. Women typically like men with muscles and are "confident". Unfortunately, men think this means we have to be arrogant, narcissistic he-men to be attractive. This delusion is similar to how women think they have to have DD sized boobs because of the models they see in the media. Anyway, the nice guys give up and never ask girls out because in their minds they will only meet with rejection for not being narcissistic he-men. And that's why nice guys don't usually ask girls out.

Anyway, what I really want to know is this: why the ^&(* don't girls ask guys out? I've met girls cheeky enough to ask guys out, but they don't because 'it's weird'. I say it's sexist to expect the guy to do the asking. Just a note to any girls who read this, the guy won't reject you for being weird if you ask him out. So, if you're confident enough, just ask him for the love of God!
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 1/24/2010, 22:53

Egg, your points are great. & your question is answered by this...
I really dont know where some girls get the idea that the guy HAS to ask the girl.
I honestly have asked before, & it wasnt that bad.
I'm gonna have to research that whole thing a little more to answer a little more clearly.
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 1/24/2010, 23:03

WOW, I actually was angling a little more towards society in general, rather then relationships, but this is cool, lets roll with it. I have a feeling Egg you were looking at me when you posted that. Razz But yeah you both are very correct, and yes I did somem major generalizations in my original posts. I will apologize before hand, that I do tend to look at things from a more general point of view then most. Wink

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 1/24/2010, 23:22

Haha, its quite alright ABL. Smile
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 1/24/2010, 23:25

Nah, after my initial little joke, I didn't imply anything about you. These are honestly my thoughts about the same exact thing. In sophomore year, when I went to Thurston, I had a lot of time to think about things because I didn't know anyone here. So, when I saw all the couples in school, I naturally thought about relationships and interaction between the sexes a lot. Although I can't say I was just doing it for curiositys' sake, as you seem to have. I thought about these things in the hope that I could figure out how to get a girlfriend.

By the way, do they offer sociology classes at LCC?
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 1/24/2010, 23:30

Yes they do, and I'm very much interested in taking some. Yes I observe because human interaction fascinates me for some reason. I'm really not sure why... But I do like to just sit and watch. I always sit in the back of classrooms, and most people conisder me to be a mute, so it's the perfect opportunity to just observe. Couple especially are interesting as you mentioned. Just the way they treat and regard each other. It's interesting, in a I'm-about-to-lose-my-lunch sort of way, if you get my meaning. Wink

Last edited by astoriabluelegos on 1/24/2010, 23:49; edited 1 time in total

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 1/24/2010, 23:38

AHAHAHA....eww.
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 1/24/2010, 23:42

Lol. I must admit, people watching is quite fun, but you learn a lot about people & how they react.
Great places to do people watching... A bus stop, Costco, etc... Smile
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 1/24/2010, 23:47

This is very true, but I always end up secretly making fun of people, because I tend to be bitter and jaded towards society. One of these days I'm going to say something out loud and get my butt kicked.
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 1/24/2010, 23:50

Me too! Actually as I recall, we've done that together before, make fun of people that is. It's terrible of us, but it was fun. Razz

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 1/24/2010, 23:54

Haha... Wow, you guys are nice... Razz
Nahh, dont feel bad. I do it too.
We're only human. Smile
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 1/25/2010, 00:03

True, very true.

Oh...my...God...Becky, look at her butt.
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 1/25/2010, 00:05

HAHAHAHAHAHA Wow........ Yeah we're only human. Machines really don't know how lucky they have it, no emotions. Razz

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 1/25/2010, 00:11

@Egg, HAHAHA! Very Happy
@ABL, I disagree with that.. Emotions are great, I think. Smile
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 1/25/2010, 00:14

Well......I suppose you're right. Wink

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 1/25/2010, 00:15

Just think.. Without emotions.. We would never have these emoticons!
Craziness I tell you. Craziness! Razz
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 1/25/2010, 12:05

Hey that's a good point! But I don't think life would end without emoticons. Razz

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 1/25/2010, 19:40

Haha, yeah, they prolly wouldnt. Razz But just saying.. Lol.
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 1/25/2010, 20:12

From one other comment gender roles are not really that big with equality but body functions are something else. Now onto where I wanted to say our society suppresses feelings when we should let them out. I have shed tears for Haiti and I am willing to cry.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 1/25/2010, 23:09

That's getting a wee bit off topic, isn't it? We already have a thread for Haiti somewhere. Now, back to the battle of the sexes discussion of gender roles. Women. You can't live with them....Period.
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 1/26/2010, 18:19

Totally agree, it's just simply not possible. Razz

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top