Gender Roles

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gender Roles

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 1/26/2010, 21:58

True women and men are different through psychology.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 1/26/2010, 22:15

Here's my view... The woman is the cook the man is the money maker. JK...kinda
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 1/26/2010, 23:14

Hahahaha that is so very stereotypical, but lets go with it. Razz

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 1/27/2010, 18:39

WOW. Really guys?
No no no.. Totally wrong wrong wrong. Women are not limited to the kitchen.
& hey, if you think its so hard living with a woman... Try living with a man. Razz
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 1/27/2010, 21:02

I like this girl, she can handle herself. Wink But she is right, I'm actually a feminist, I'm all for equality for women, and equal opportunity for them as well. I'm also very much opposed to violence directed towards women. Women and girls are awesome, as long as they stay far away from me. Razz

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 1/27/2010, 22:24

Oh jeez, you've just hit one of my pet peevs. Femnazis.
Prepare yourself for some ranting.

Don't get me wrong, I love women and all, and I think they should vote and wear pants, etc. Heck, one of my personal heroes, Ada Lovelace, was a woman. But Femnazis have taken the whole thing too far.
I mean, feminist geography? Feminist history? Feminist literal criticism? It's getting really ridiculous. Let's face it. In the western world, the feminist movement serves no purpose save that of men-bashing. Women already have equality in the face of the law, so there is nothing to be achieved by having a feminist movement. Yes, I am aware that women tend to make a lot less money than men, but that is because of personal sexism on the part of their superiors. No movement is going to change this, because there's no legal action that can be taken, unless actual sexism on the part of their superiors can be proven outright. Do you know what can be done about issues like this? If people would take the time to raise their kids to not be sexist, that's what. I'm not saying women have to stay home and watch the kids and make dinner, but someone has to. It doesn't matter if it's the man or woman. The only reason more men don't do this is because then the hardcore feminists accuse such men of mooching off their wives or girlfriends. But then if the wife stays home, she's "being repressed by a male dominated society". It's a no win situation!

What I'm trying to say here is that, if all the femnazis would take the time to talk to their husbands about how their families should be structured before going out to b&^ch to their girlfriends about how horrible men are, the world would already be completely gender-neutral.

And another thing: women in the media. Why the %^(&*% are women allowed to complain about sports illustrated models being airbrushed and therefore not an accurate depiction of the female body, when men are subject to the same exact god^%$# thing??? Oh yes, yes we are. We just aren't as vocal about it. Do you think I've never noticed how girls expect guys to look exactly like Johnny Depp/Robert Patinson/whoever the current heart throb is? That's a tall order. That's why most guys just give up and don't care about their appearance anymore, or they give up on girls altogether like ABL has. We become convinced that it's impossible to get a girl unless you have a gigantic, muscly, bronzed body like some jock of the heavens, just like girls think they need DD boobs. But guys aren't allowed to complain about it, because "we live in a male dominated society."

Ok, I'm done now. Sorry about the length.
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 1/27/2010, 23:33

I'm all for Women being give the same chance as men but lets face men are better at some thing (such as being strong) and woman are better at other things(IDK what it is yet... you could explain to how is you would like kumbustion) Very Happy What I don't like is when Women think that they can do anything a guy can do... they're wrong... sorry it's just a fact
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 1/28/2010, 02:36

@ ABL, Thanks I try. Smile & Haha. Razz
& @Egg, okay, so you said someone has to be in the kitchen, but then you stated that if men do it that it has something to do with mooching off their wives or girlfriends. I dont really think that at all. I honestly think that both sexes (if in relationship & living in the same household) should both pitch in & help clean & cook. It's actually been proven that it helps with a relationship because they know they are helping each other out. & I think thus is because of the 50's where in most cases women were being repressed by a male dominated society. I agree it has changed & in some cases some women like it like that, not me, but people shouldnt freak if they wanna be there.
& Hey, I'm more than positive guys do the same exact thing when it comes to complaining about women. We all have to vent. Its just a natural process, we arent gonna be happy with whatever someone does.
& honestly, its pretty obvious to me when a guy is airbrushed in a magazine. Besides the fact that I dont really have a 'celebrity teen heart throb,' If its really a problem to you, SAY it. Speak it out. I honestly hate the fact that in magazines nowadays everything has to be 'perfect'. Nobody is perfect. & I totally agree with you that some ladies look at these 'perfect' bodies & then are really choosy on guys, when really is it all about the looks? No.
Sorry about the uberly long post... But I'm done.
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 1/28/2010, 18:10

Feminism.... a political movement for lesbians. (quote from my Dad, not me...)

So true though...
anyways.... my dad cooks... makes mean hamburgers, steak, elk, popcorn, and just food in general..

Women... and men... really are alll equal.

However.. if i can manage to get a good enough job so that my wife can just chill at home... hell yes i'll do it.

@EVERYONE, minus Kombustion...

Kombustion wrestles. She could easily kick anyone of your butts on a mat. Is that NOT something that was previously though of as a GUY thing?
Hey... James.. can you imagine your mom wrestling? No? hm.. well i can imagine my girlfriend wrestling... whats wrong with you?

Ben... stop hitting on K.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 1/28/2010, 18:23

WOW, I guess I shoulda saide I ws behind the spirit of feminism. Because you're right, it is often taken waaay too far. Razz @Powned: I'm not, just trying to be nice. Wink

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 1/28/2010, 18:32

Sure. You can't get a girlfriend... or many friends who are girls.. so you hit on a 15 year-old... GREATTT.

(bad mood today... obviously)
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 1/28/2010, 18:35

How was I hitting on her? Shocked Look I don't care about the whole girl thing, it's no big deal, seriously. But if I came across as hitting on her, I'm sorry, honestly that was not my intentions. Embarassed

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 1/28/2010, 18:36

Razz

just giving you crap... calm down.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 1/28/2010, 18:36

DANGIT! You REALLY had me going there. Shocked Razz

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 1/28/2010, 18:37

Yeah.... I guess i did huh.... GULLIBLE!
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 1/28/2010, 18:41

I know it, I know it, man I need to work on that.... Laughing

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 1/28/2010, 18:45

Fo sho
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 1/28/2010, 20:59

Oh my word you guys.. Haha. You do realize you did a total 180 flip on the topic? Very Happy
Wrestling did used to be a guy thing, you have no idea how many guys glare at me because I do. Not at my school, but in some smaller areas in Oregon they think its really weird & quite frankly just bad juju.
@ABL, HAH. I laugh at you for falling for Powned's joke. Razz Believe your not the only one who's done that.. Lol. In other words, I'm laughing with you. Wink
But back on the topic.. If I had a husband who worked his butt off & I did nothing but sit at home, I would feel incredibly lazy & I'd feel like I wasnt "supporting my team" being what would be my marriage hypothetically. But maybe I'm just overthinking that.. I dont know.
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 1/28/2010, 21:16

My health teacher says with my planned career I could still be the stay at home dad which is what she thinks that would work well for me. Interesting, I am not sure what to say beyond this.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 1/28/2010, 21:31

Hmm.. Thats actually pretty cool. I would honestly LOVE to not have to work away from home (which is what I'm guessing your health teacher is trying to say...) or to have not so many hours away from home. To have the ability to work without really having to really bust your butt for money would be really nice.
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 1/28/2010, 22:15

That comes from school Hun, if you just stick with our honors program, we'll be all good for college.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 1/28/2010, 22:24

Sweetness. Smile Haha. Which reminds me...
They are actually giving out A LOT of scholarships for girl wrestlers now. I was actually really surprised when my fellow female teammate Rachel told me that they are doing that now.
I'm definitely staying in wrestling. Even if Hendo might body slam me for doing it still.. Haha.
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 1/28/2010, 22:25

Girls wrestling, I think it's cool, a tad odd, but cool.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 1/28/2010, 22:32

Its exactly the same thing as guys wrestling just.. With girls.
I've wrestled guys before too, had to all throughout middle school.
Its all the same, people just make it awkward, it really isnt. Lol.
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 1/28/2010, 22:35

Yea.... I'm waiting for my ankle, and her back to heal, so she can beat the crap out of me.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top