Relationships and Love

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Relationships and Love

Post  0001 on 1/28/2010, 18:40

No no no, it's not about manning up, it's about how I'm wired. To me love is a VERY big deal, and so I treat it as such. Therefore the whole casualness of normal dating just doesn't suit me because I become far too attached and committed. Wink Besides I know God has a plan for me, whatever it is. But as to not incur anymore "drop into my lap" posts, let me explain. I pray every night asking for guidence on this particuler matter. But at the same time I do a little "probbing" if I find a girl attractive, just to be safe. And thus far, they're all taken and such. It's complicated, but it all makes sense........to me. Razz

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 1/28/2010, 18:45

You have done no 'probing' in your life whether that be mental.. OR physical... if you... get what i mean.

Plus.... come on.. it's really not that hard.. you're just scared. ADMIT it!
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 1/28/2010, 18:48

YES I'M SCARED! ALRIGHT! Razz But you would be too with my track record..... But anyways... It's really not that big of a deal. Wink

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 1/28/2010, 18:51

You're a loser.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 1/28/2010, 21:18

Hey Powned Ben should date some girls it would show he's not weak. But weakness is not always a bad thing.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 1/28/2010, 21:39

Actually, I believe you need to flip that. Ben would be making himself weak by putting himself out there to date. He'd be softening himself up, so to speak.
But hey, Ben, you dont have to love someone right away when your dating. Thats the whole point of it, is to get to know someone, to get close to them on a personal level... Whether or not the people in the relationship feel love in this closeness is really up to what their heart says, you know? It may seem scary to stand up & say, "Hey, would you like to come over for dinner sometime?" But.. If you never try.. How will you know it wont someday end up being, "Hey.. Will you marry me?"
Honestly, I really think you shouldnt be so close minded about dating.
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 1/28/2010, 22:12

*sigh* it's not so much being closed minded, as total lack of opportunity. I asked God to do the match making in my life, and every time I try to stray away from that, it just never gets anywhere, like ever. And lately there isn't even the opportunity to try it. I mean I'm sure if I tried, I could probably find a girlfriend. But that's not what what I'm looking for. I'm looking for "the one" if she exists, or the power to handle the loneliness, either way it doesn't matter. I'm gonna be a real stickler with this one, but I'm gonna stick to letting God handle the situation, I know you guys are shake your noses at me, but lets just see how it goes. Wink Besides I'm cool with waiting, I mean, I already have this long... Smile

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 1/28/2010, 22:17

Great. Let us know how that goes... I mean... How did we 'meet' per se, Kayla?
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 1/28/2010, 22:18

Why dont you just choose for yourself though..? You arent even allowing yourself to get the oppourtunity! & how are you gonna know she's the one? Do you know what you are looking for if youve never had the experience of multiple persons to figure out what you like & what you dont..?
This is where the whole I'm gonna wait til something just happens thing is really problematic.
Cause I mean, people make wrong decisions on "the one" all the time.
My parents for example, they thought they were right for each other. They thought of each other as "the one." Well they werent Ben. They divorced when I was in 2nd grade due to my mother's infidelity with a co-worker, whom she is now with & I know call him my step dad.
Explain this to me, will you?
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 1/28/2010, 22:21

Look, this is very important to me, alright if I can't follow God in ALL aspects of my life, then how can I follow him at all? Faith isn't a thign where you choose to follow the bits that best suit you, it's all or nothing. I asked God to do the matchmaking, just as my parents did. I mean I am pretty much a carbon copy of what my dad went through, to the letter! And look how that turned out, I mean I'm here arn't I? So I'm going to stick to my guns on this one. Go ahead say what you want, it doesn't matter. Wink

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 1/28/2010, 22:26

How can you blow her off like that?! She has one hell of a point? You know how anal you are coming across as, right? You have to look. God, or anybody, for that matter, is not going to drop someone on your lap. Just because one deparate person found another and tried to share that depritarity, doesn't mean they are in 'love'. When was the last time you ever saw your parents kiss, or anything?
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 1/28/2010, 22:30

You totally bypassed my question ABL.. "/ If my parents did the identical thing to what you are doing.. Then why are they divorced & basically hate each other? If everything was gonna be alright.. Then why did it not end up that way for my parents..?
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 1/28/2010, 22:33

I'll wait for abl to answer:
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 1/28/2010, 22:40

I don't know, I know nothing about your parents. What do you mean John? My parents weren't two 'desperate' people, they kiss regularly every day. (WOW that sounded odd....)

I think I have the answer, and you guys are gonna hate me, because of GOD, you guys just blow him off, and thats fine it's your choice. But if you forget him, then you are on your own, and when that happens, bad stuff happens. That could be what happened to your parents, but like I said I don't know for sure. And I'm rapidly tiring of this conversation. I'm going to be just as stubborn as you are on this matter, and no matter what anyone stays, I'm going with my faith, and my gut feel.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 1/28/2010, 22:45

Because it's gotten you so far in life.... Rolling Eyes
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 1/28/2010, 22:46

So far in life? How do you define far? How do you define accomplishment? Answer me that? It's all perspective.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 1/28/2010, 22:50

There is no such thing as accomplishment unless it's a social form of accomplished (good college, gilfriend steady job... Etc.)
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 1/28/2010, 22:51

Okay, this is where I'm really really confused...
My parents were both raised in religious families..
They both believe.. But like.. Uggghhh.. They did everything you did. Not exactly exactly alike, but in faith, they did.. "/ Everything is so double standard & flipped sideways & written backwards in a way I dont understand at all. I accept the fact that your just gonna have god choose your love, & thats fine, I get that, I was just trying to say, are you positively sure thats the best way to go about things?
I'm just trying to help you out man..
I'm not ignoring God. I have a lot of questions within my mind about this, but dont take it as ignoring.
I simply just want an explaination that can totally answer my question about things... & it just seems I never get any answers. Please dont label me as a person who ignores God. If he is supposed to help me out, he would show me the answer to my questions, which I never get... Its just really confusing to me..
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 1/28/2010, 22:54

Thanks k... If your done with me, listen to her.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 1/28/2010, 23:07

@Kombustion: Well I'm really the wrong person to ask, I really know nothing about that situation, or maybe the larger picture in play then. So I really am not qualified to answer that question, and shouldn't have tried. Man you guys are grilling me tonight, which is pretty awesome, its just these are heavy hitting questions, and I'm very new to the whole sharing the faith thing.

I can answer one question though. Yes it is really the best thing, because God knows everything. Even though we are oftne challenged in life, and things don't always go our way, in fact rarely do. He's always there with us. I have personaly experienced this. And yeah asking questions is good, but as to the answrs, understanding how god answers questions is tough, and not even pastors have it figured out. But what I have learned is, look very carefully at what happens in your life, and keep asking the questions. Often times answeres take awhile, are not immediatly noticed, or we miss them entirely. and also they often are things we were not expecting, or the answer we didn't want. What we have to do is just stick to it. It's very tough, especially with things such as this. Because we so want to just do our own thing. But if you stick to it, and keep asking God, then things will always work out, always. One thing that God says many times in the Bible is that if we stay faithful to him, he will never put us through anything in our life that we cannot handle. Obstacles and bad things happen because we need them to grow. If we had it good all the time, why would we need God (*cough* John *cough*cough* Razz ). Life is kind of like a spiritual test, to see our true metal.

I'm well aware that I'm probably toally not answering your question. But as to the girl thing, I will admit girls are very important to me, I've been wanting a Gf since well, 13. But I know that if I stick to letting God run the show, when and if I do find her, it'll be amazing. God has never once let me down. Often he has answered things a way different then I had wanted and hoped for, but in the end it all works out. It sounds so cliche' but it's true. You just gotta stick to it, and keep on asking God, keep on praying.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 1/28/2010, 23:12

However, in the mean time, you don't have a girlfriend.... So, we sorta win.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 1/28/2010, 23:18

Well, to quote Star Wars: "From a certain point of view." Wink

But yeah, I will conced victory on that ONE detail, for now.... tongue

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 1/29/2010, 01:49

This whole situation reminds me of a joke I heard once.

A man is going through a hard time. He's just lost his house, and is now living on the street. He's always been a very religious person, however, and so he prays to God. He asks God, "Lord, please. I've always tried my very best to be a good Christian. I know I'm not perfect, and probably don't deserve it, but I desperately need money so I can live under a roof!"

God then takes pity on him, and says to the man "I will make you the next lottery winner."
But months pass, and the the man never wins the lottery. Finally, he calls out to God once again, "What happened God...did I misunderstand you, didn't you say I'd be the next winner of the lottery?" And God answers "Do me a favor my son...buy a ticket!"
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 1/29/2010, 10:21

Yeah I know I know, you never get anywhere unless you try, I'll work on that one.... Awesome analogy by the way. Wink

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 1/29/2010, 18:00

Ha... hahaha... nice one Eggy
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2