Relationships and Love

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Relationships and Love

Post  0010 on 1/29/2010, 20:25

I think you guys should respect ABL decisions. It may seem weird to you and it maybe true that he's bad a talking to girls but why does it matter. Since he can't talk to girls if he try's he'll just mess up so I think that it's right for him to let God do it for him.

And you guys mentioned that God doesn't always do what we think is best... I mean have you ever read the story of Job? If you haven't this is a abbreviated version...

So there was this guy, Job he had a wife a few kids(5ish but I'm not sure)was supper rich and loved God. Then there was this guy named Satan looked down on Job and said to God "If you took everything he had away from he would curse you and despise you." God then said "No he wouldn't. you can do what ever you want to him except take his life." So that what Satan did he took killed his wife and kids; Took all his money and made him the poorest man on earth. All Of Job's friend told him that God didn't love him anymore and that he should curse God but Job instead said " though God slay me yet will I love him." Then after all the trials God gave Job more than four time as much stuff back as he had had before.

I think this story somewhat represents Ben; you Guys make fun of him for his choice but in the end he'll have a better marriage than all of you; if in fact that is God's will for him
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 1/29/2010, 20:50

Not really. Ben, as devoted to God as he may be, is simply suffering from low self esteem. He is too shy to talk to girls, but if he knew how, he would. Wouldn't you, Ben?
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 1/29/2010, 22:20

Okay, you guys REALLY wanna know stuff about relationships? Try talking to your 22 year old aunt for 2 hours (willingly by the way) about it.
Let me give you some background information about my Aunt Krista, kay? She's very devoted to God. Like she's the closest person to God I have ever known. She also didnt have her first kiss til she was 22.
She basically was caught in the same situation I was in except ofcourse, she's 22 & I'm 15, so there are some key differences. I just broke up with a dude I had been in a relationship for like a year.. Reasons in which I will not post on here. But, she also broke up with a guy she had been in a relationship with for a long time because he treated her like crap.
ALRIGHTY.. So this is what me & her have summed up.
*When breaking up, take control. Otherwise it will be a rollercoaster ride from hell. (Trust me, I know..)
*People are afraid to break up because loneliness is a scary thing. As my aunt puts it, if you are REALLY close to God, you're never going to feel loneliness.
*Relationships are hardwork, but they give you EXPERIENCE to know your weaknesses & strengths, what you like & dont like.
*Also, when you are in a bar (when of age), if you want to date a girl, go to her table. It will show her, "Hey, I want you to be my girlfriend & not some hook-up."
*If you dont want to be in a relationship with someone, tell them straught up & right away. They'll be hurt, but they'll get over it.

Yes, these are just SOME of the things me & my aunt figured out on our evening out to eat at The Sweet Life. Smile
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 1/29/2010, 22:36

The thing I have a problem with is when people just "hook-up" because it wrong(God's word for "Hooking up" is adultery)
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 1/29/2010, 22:39

I said to show a girl you DO NOT want to hook up. I wasnt supporting it.
I dont really believe in hooking up because I mean, what the heck is the point when you wont even see the person again. Its just dumb. & me & my aunt expressed that a lot in our conversation.
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 1/30/2010, 10:59

@Egg: Thanks a lot, what are brothers for right? Razz @Chopped: Thanks vod! That's how I feel about it, but Jordan does have a point, you do have to be able to talk to them to get anywhere. Becuase even if God presents you with a Girl, you still gotta, you know make a move. It's complcated, but we'll see what happens. Wink

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 1/30/2010, 11:35

I still agree with.... crap.. was it Egg?

You most likely wont have a better marriage than us... mostly because you'd actually.... have to meet someone... to get married.

ANYWAYS, God isnt the answer to everything. It kinda hints to a 'I dont care about my life' when you just hand your life over to something.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 1/30/2010, 16:15

You have to take action which is followed by God's encouragement.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 1/30/2010, 18:56

Right as Crinkle says. He IS the answer to everything, BUT at the same time, you have to ACT on what he tells you. Meaning you still have to do the stuff, you arn't just saying "I don't care anymore", you're just saying "I want someone else to figure it all out for me, and just tell me what to do."

When it comes to girls, I don't think I've been as clear as I should have been. First off I will still pray for guidence as to choice. And then I'll wait, to see a sign that maybe a girl is worth maybe getting close to. That sign will be interest in me. Because trying to convince a girl to like you, who doesn't, is a recipe for disaster and failure, and a lot of work. So although I am waiting for God to decide, I'm not waiting for him to drop someone in my lap, I'm waiting for a girl to find me interesting, who meets my standards, before becoming more involved. That's my opinion of how God will tell me it's time. Wink

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 1/31/2010, 08:40

So follow God or be the guy in letter from Hell.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 1/31/2010, 17:39

Anyways Ben, just be a little more forgiving to the opposite sex, ok? I know you're sworn off women, or had at some point. But just know that they aren't all psycho hose beasts who will bite your head off if you try to become friends with them.
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 1/31/2010, 19:02

Wait......they ARN'T? No kidding? scratch Shocked

@Crinkle: Exactly. Cool

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 2/1/2010, 21:33

Really... So according to ABL and Crinkle... If I don't live my life exactly as you, as in waiting for god to drop some girl in my lap, I'm going to burn in hell forever. Great.

Bring it
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 2/1/2010, 22:00

It's not that big of a deal, really. Wear axe. Then women will come swarming all over you like in the commercials. That's why I wear axe. Of course, no women have swarmed me yet. No on likes me. Sad
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 2/1/2010, 22:30

Egg, I really REALLY seriously hope you are not serious about that Axe thing.
That stuff smells like shiza. Haha. The only way guys can make girls swarm is simply by being confident (NOT cocky, but confident..) & being themselves. Taking care of themselves isnt a bad start either though. Lol.
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 2/1/2010, 22:35

I'm confident and I pretty much don't care what others think of me and lots of girls like me but not like that... if you get my drift
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 2/1/2010, 22:36

@ Kombustion: Haha, I know. I only know one girl who likes axe. But she doesn't attack any guy who's wearing it.
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 2/1/2010, 22:52

@Chopped, Yeah, I caught it..
& @Egg, Haha, but what if she did? Lol. Very Happy
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 2/1/2010, 23:14

I don't know what your problem is... I wear axe, and it seems to be working pretty well... As in I litteraly, had a swarm of girls giving me hugs after school today... Huh Kayla? Yay for awkwardness!
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 2/1/2010, 23:24

I must be getting used to my brothers wearing it all the time. Haha.
& hey, I almost got eyes head burnt off by Emily's lazer vision or something today, it was scary.
Lol. It was only three girls.. Razz
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 2/1/2010, 23:26

And Howie....

Lol, yesterday 2, today 3, tomorrow 50.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 2/1/2010, 23:29

Howie is not a girl.. Lol.
& Right.. Haha. Your mom is gonna call you like 100 times tomorrow if that happens cause you'll be there forever... Hah... Smile
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 2/1/2010, 23:31

True... I'd feel really bad if I didn't give them hugs... And I owed you from yesterday....
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 2/1/2010, 23:39

Yeah, I understand that.
Aw, you dont owe me anything, the hug was nice though... Smile
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/2/2010, 15:33

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:Really... So according to ABL and Crinkle... If I don't live my life exactly as you, as in waiting for god to drop some girl in my lap, I'm going to burn in hell forever. Great.

Bring it

No. Rolling Eyes That has nothing at all to do with whether you go to hell or not, actually it has no effect on it at all. I'm just taking a different approach to the whole dating thing is all.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top