Oregon Measure 66 and 67

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Oregon Measure 66 and 67

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 2/1/2010, 22:40

As we all know, the two newest measures have just passed in Oregon.
This tax was supposed to get rid of the 'unfair' tax on corperations. It was thought that these large businesses, (Nike, resturant chains, etc.) only paid 10 dollars in taxes. However, it's a 10 dollar FILING fee, not the overall tax.

These new measures attack business that make 500,000 a year in GROSS SALES, not how much profit they turn in. Our business will be NAILED, because our suppliers are going to have a newHUGE tax dumped on them.

Now, here are the consequences of passing this measure.

Nike. Oregons pride and joy. Nike is EASILY the largest business in Oregon, and it is in the running for the largest business in the world.

Well, they sell much more than 500,000 worth of merchandice in a year. Heck, they probably average that in a day.

Well, this business brings tons of money to Oregon, and they announced not 24 hours after the measure passed, that they will be closing their headquarters in Portland, and moving to Vancouver Washington.

Uh-oh! Government screwwwwed up. In trying to get more money out of 'large businesses', they have lost their single biggest tax payer of them ALL.

Plus, companies like applebees, chiles, and other smallish business chains, have announced that they will NEVER allow another resurant to open within Oregon's border.

Not only has Oregon lost huge amounts of money since these stupid measures have passed, but what about the CHARITIES who benefitted from these massive companies.

Companies used to donate and give money to the charities to have tax deductions, but these new measures are based on the overall money pumped into the business... Meaning no tax deductions. So what is the point of giving to charities anymore?

Oregon, oregon's money, and the people who relied on money from these companies, are all screwed because a bunch of old democratic IDIOTS wanted to make sure the corps weren't only paying 10 dollars.

Some brillent guy decided to trick a bunch of people into thinking that corps ONLY paid 10 dollars... So they would pass a tax law... So HE could get more money... But it looks like he screwed up so bad, it's not even funny.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: Oregon Measure 66 and 67

Post  0001 on 2/2/2010, 15:58

Totally agree, I thought 66 was a good idea, BUT 67 was a total fallacy, it was not thought out, and was only based on net income, NOT net profit. Unfortunatly it passed. Rolling Eyes

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 2/2/2010, 16:10

Those bills were gay....
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 2/2/2010, 16:29

Unfortunately, while democracy is supposed to be based on education about the issues, our country's is based on hate and fear. While people neglect to actually educate themselves about issues, they also vote for any bill that goes against the rich (be they rich people or rich corporations) because they hate the rich. Meanwhile, the rich are afraid of the middle class because they know something like this will happen.
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/2/2010, 16:32

Yup, in general people are pretty stupid. There is no core guidence, so they do what seems like the best idea, and politicians twist that, to fool the masses into doing things like this.

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 2/3/2010, 13:20

Exactly... this whole bill basically screwed Oregon in the you-know-what.

Think about it... the dude signs the bill... and WHAM! Nike leaves. What a kick in the gut.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/3/2010, 13:37

Nike may not leave, they do have a loooot of money. I think it's more the small companies that will suffer the most.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 2/3/2010, 13:58

Dude.. they announced it.. they are going over the bridge.... to Washington...

And plenty of small businesses are going out of business now.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 2/3/2010, 17:04

Well our country and states need to figure out a good amount of taxes and nothing more.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/3/2010, 22:55

@Powned: Really? I was unaware of that anouncement, no wonder you were so up in arms about it.... Interesting.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 2/4/2010, 19:37

Go ahead and get mad at me. I voted yes for 66&67. Yes take that conservatives.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/4/2010, 23:36

66 was a yes, it was important. But 67 was an epic fail. You have to understand business to get the trip in it. It's based on net income, not net profit. Meaning if a company has a net profit of a million dollers, but only has a profit of $100 because of expenses, then with the tax, they will actually be owing money. 67 is unfair, and unjust. It was worded to trick people who know nothing of business, and it worked.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 2/6/2010, 08:47

67 was very unjust & unfair. Crinkle you obviously have no clue about business or were easily fooled by it.
Either way... I'm sure a lot of people were the same way.. Maybe more people should take business in highschool. Maybe then they'd catch things such as this, before they make a horrible mistake in voting for measures.
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/6/2010, 19:24

Amen, voting for something just because it's "liberal" or "conservative" is foolish, you need to vote because you understand the issue, and what effect it will have. Wink

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 2/6/2010, 19:48

Exactly.. I mean really.. Why even vote on the issue if you dont know what its talking about..
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 2/6/2010, 19:55

Rich people don't need their money.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 2/6/2010, 21:30

Yeah, but the people working for the rich people do.
& if the rich people are having problems with that tax that is preventing them from possibly paying their employees, then did they really do any good, did they?

People are so worried about people having more money than other people.. In all reality.. We should just be lucky to have a job in the first place & to be getting money.

Seriously.. Just.. Ugh.. Dont even get me started..
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/6/2010, 23:04

Cpt. Crinkle wrote:Rich people don't need their money.

But the problem is it won't be effecting the rich people, the people it will effect the most are the smaller businesses that can barely get buy, because they won't have the income to spare now. That's the point we're trying to get across here. Mad

Last edited by astoriabluelegos on 2/7/2010, 14:07; edited 1 time in total

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 2/7/2010, 08:59

Kombustion wrote:Seriously.. Just.. Ugh.. Dont even get me started..

I know how you feel.... Rolling Eyes
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 2/7/2010, 09:49

Yeah.. So Crinkle, honestly, all you're worried about is the big businesses, the fat cats on the block with money rolling out their back pockets like no tomorrow. When what you should of realized is that it affects ALL businesses. Including the small businesses that we have an abundance of in our little town here in Junction City. Mad

Just think about that one, kay?
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 2/7/2010, 12:21

When you say that rich people don't need their money, I could say you don't need your banjo. Give it to me.
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/7/2010, 14:08

Well it depends, I agree a LOT of rich folks don't need or deserve that kind of wealth, I mean think of all the good it could do, instead it stays stuck in banks, while people are starving and dying. Wink

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 2/7/2010, 15:05

Who says I am going to stay here in Junction City? In 4 more years bye bye I go.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 2/7/2010, 17:07

Mad Not my point AT ALL Crinkle...
AT ALL...
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/7/2010, 22:40

@Crinkle: What the heck? That's not what we were talking about at all.....

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top