Metallica "All Nightmare Long" Video: Way to take over the world?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Metallica "All Nightmare Long" Video: Way to take over the world?

Post  Kombustion on 2/3/2010, 06:08

Okay, so I woke up in the middle of the night last night & I cant fall asleep, so what do I do? I find some music on the On Demand. So I'm looking & I find some Metallica & I'm like "AWESOME" & its one of my favorite songs by them. Well, I had never seen the music video before that.
The video is basically like one of the old movies they used to show during the war to give people an idea of what was going on (WWI-WWII Generation). Except it was for some foreign country, I think Russia.. But anyway, they start talking about some war that is supposedly going on & how recently a volcano had erupted, Mt. Tegunska. & after the eruption they checked the dust particles to see if there was anything to do with meteorites or comets because it was a dormant volcano. Well what they found surprised them..
It ended up being spores from some animal. A prehistoric animal. The scientists are intrigued by it, so they run some tests. They are soon to find out that this stuff heals anything in no seconds flat. &.. It can bring the dead back to life. But... They are soon to realize that once the dead is alive that they then go crazy with sporadic outbursts of aggression. The scientists also figure out how to kill the spore, but its not quite controllable.. YET.
This is when they realize.. America has the atomic bomb, why dont we just use the spores & put it into a bomb & make every dead thing in America go crazy with aggression & kill the living Americanos & then relinquish to help them, but take FOREVER to get there, so long that they would all be dead by then.
They make this bomb. But they dont fly it by plane, no, because that would be detected & reached by the American planes. So they use a balloon that can go at a higher altitude than any of the American planes can go. So they can detect it, but they cant go investigate it.
So the Russians drop this bomb, & every dead American just comes busting out of the ground, killing everything coming their way. The Americans call for help, & the Russians are like, "Hey man, I'm sorry about that little problem I have noooo idea where it came from, but we'll help you out, sure."
Well... They take 5 years to do it. & by then, America is destroyed.
Russians take over & celebrate. & then they clean up.. Which takes decades & decades to do.
Does this seem like it could ever actually happen? I just thought it'd be an interesting topic, so I brought it up...
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Re: Metallica "All Nightmare Long" Video: Way to take over the world?

Post  0001 on 2/3/2010, 09:53

Shocked Scientifically, it's probably not possible. First of all, nothing can bring the dead back to life, there's not enough left to work with usually. Secondly I've heard of the spore conspiracy theories before, the problem with it is, spores are really only good at spreading disease, and even then it's iffy. Thirdly, Russia no longer has that kind of capability, or the ambition to do that, they have too much of their own problems right now. Maybe back during the Cold War, but not now. Fourthly, nothing can fly higher than America can reach, we have the capability to shoot satelites out of space with ground based missiles (and did last year in fact). Fourthly, does Mt. Tegunska even exist? Razz

So it's very very unlikely something like this could happen, but it's a very intriguing story nontheless, and would fit right in with the overal American panic and conspiracy theories of the Cold War era. Wink

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 2/3/2010, 13:25

Here's the video...

And it's totally awesome!
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/3/2010, 13:40

Thanks Powned, I'll watch it when I get home (in class now).

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 2/3/2010, 13:57

Phsst... I watched it on my phone in Algebra 2.... oh wait.. your phone... lol.... DOESNT do YOUTUBE!
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 2/3/2010, 15:19

Even if that was possible, wouldn't we need to wouldn't we need to worry about North Korea? Russia's a democracy now, and has no reason to attack us.
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 2/3/2010, 17:00

I prefer Skillet.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 2/3/2010, 18:23

Okay, you guys do realize I am speaking hypothetically, right?

I was talking more about would it work IF, key word.. IF they did or had...

Or if anyone had or will do it for that matter.

Honestly, I think if all that stuff actually worked.. I think.. I think it would definitely do it.. Until someone figured something better or a way to prevent.

Or it might cause the whole world to destroy itself until there are no more human beings... But whatever..
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 2/3/2010, 20:22

Well yes, if everything worked like in the song, then it would enable them to take over the world.
But why would anyone want to take over the world? It doesn't give you absolute power, just a stomach ulcer for worrying about this rebellion here, those taxes there, this corrupt secret police office (if you're that kind of regime), terrorist attacks, anarchist extremist attacks, religious feuds, political coups, paying all your military guys (assuming this is a military regime), worrying about your bodyguards murdering you in your sleep to claim power for themselves, cultural and lingual barriers, the world economy (anyone losing their job anywhere in the world will undoubtedly blame it on the person who controls the world), epidemics, etc.

But power? Money gives you real power.
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 2/3/2010, 20:31

Honestly, I have no idea why someone would want that much weight on their shoulders either.

Yes, you're right.. Money gives people power. Thats the sad thing..
A poor man could have such a great idea, but he has no power to make it happen because he has no money.. Just sad..

But anyway... Thats not the song.. Its just the music video for the song that I was talking about.. Haha.
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/3/2010, 22:38

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:Phsst... I watched it on my phone in Algebra 2.... oh wait.. your phone... lol.... DOESNT do YOUTUBE!

Yes I know I know, just rub it in... Razz

@Egg: I think you just presented the best argument AGAINST the plausibility of a world regime that I've ever heard. But Kombustion rasies a question in me, is one terrible act worth it, if it means it will saves lots more lives in the future? Hiroshima anyone? Wink

@Kombustion: Yup, money makes the world go round....that and greed. Sad

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 2/4/2010, 15:19

But Kombustion rasies a question in me, is one terrible act worth it, if it means it will saves lots more lives in the future? Hiroshima anyone?

Wait, when did we start talking about ethics?
I believe that it is right to kill one man to save two, but I don't think Hiroshima is a good example of this. Japan's original goal in WWII was to control trade in the Pacific. Yet we managed to beat them back to their island, and basically had them beat when we bombed them. The only real reason we did bomb them was to say "Look at us, we're America, and we have 12 inch penises." The fact is, killing all those citizens in the bombing, and then more with radioactive fallout, was completely disproportionate to what they had done.
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/4/2010, 16:22

Well we weren't talking about ethics, but it was a natural segway because it would play a big part here, in the "what if" scenario. I would have to disagree this time. I've studied WWII exstensivel, and it's a big area of interest for me. And in this case, I'd say the bomb was justified. The Japanese during WWII were a very driven and brain washe people. And they were not beaten, not yet, they had back up plans that invovled civilians killing themselves and taking as many U.S. soldiers as they could with them. On other islands civilians would kill themselves rather then surrendering to the allies. To them death was far more honorable then surrender. So even though they were beaten, they were no where near surrender.

I've heard it argued both ways, but in my opinion, this particular incident was justified, because they would noy just simply surrender, and it would have been a blood bath to invade. You really have to understand the feudalistic (sp?) culture Japan had that time.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 2/18/2010, 11:32

Nice post egg.... laughed my butt off.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 2/18/2010, 12:05

Just remember in your discussions of the atom bomb and whatnot: one of the few buildings that survived the bombing was what? A Catholic Church.

I think that tells us God's opinion of it all.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/18/2010, 15:24

That's true, very good point 80-0. Very Happy

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 2/19/2010, 11:24

Because the church got lucky? Face it... If an atom bomb goes off.... everything is going to die except for the strongest of buildings. Have you not noticed how well built most grand churches are? Huge concrete structures...
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/19/2010, 12:06

Razz Minor Detail. It's hard to know for sure, God works in mysterious ways.... Wink

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 2/19/2010, 18:23

So does karma. Let's not get started.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 2/20/2010, 04:05

Karma does not exist; neither does magic. There, I started and ended it. Razz
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 2/21/2010, 00:19

1) People probably build churches & spiritual buildings of any kind with strong materials, just because they are spiritual, so they are important to people, which is why they survive.

2) I'm pretty sure just saying karma & magic doesnt exist, isnt going to end anything. Actually I just know it wont.
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 2/21/2010, 09:14

80-0 wrote:Karma does not exist

Actually, there's a biblical quote that says "You reap what you sow". Wouldn't that be a lot like karma?
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 2/21/2010, 14:18

I think churches are built strong is because God wants us to have a place to fend off zombies from.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 2/21/2010, 14:36

Or maybe cause people want to be close to God when the zombies come, so they build their churches strong? I dont know. I honestly think people just want a place to go to, to have some faith in when things arent doing too great.. Like this zombie apocalypse thing. When the zombies start a'coming then people might find faith & go to a church to feel somewhat safe.

I gotta say, those stained glass windows in some churches are pretty breakable.. So zombies can break through that.
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/21/2010, 23:15

Wow, this topic is just crazy. Razz I like how there is always an underlying tension just waiting for the smallest of opportunities to bare it's ugly head between certain unamed members here. Razz

@Kombustion: Yep pretty much...

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top