Emotions

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Emotions

Post  Kombustion on 3/23/2010, 17:26

@James, I really do enjoy talking to people about stuff I think about...
Some people find it really odd, but when they actually understand its really nice...
Its like.. Closure.
Yes, Closure is the word for it. Smile
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/23/2010, 23:54

I have a really hard time talking about my feelings and emotions. Idk I just do. I sometimes confid in a very close vod, but rarely, usually I just keep it to myself and bury it deep inside. It seems to work. Smile

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 3/24/2010, 15:09

Kombustion wrote:@James, I really do enjoy talking to people about stuff I think about...
Some people find it really odd, but when they actually understand its really nice...
Its like.. Closure.
Yes, Closure is the word for it. Smile

Lol yea I do to... it's one of the best feelings when you have actually found someone you can talk to about anything.... especially when is raining or dark and the stars are out... Smile
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/25/2010, 18:24

Hmmm, interesting analogy there James.

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 3/25/2010, 21:43

It wasn't an analogy but what I wish I could do more often
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/25/2010, 22:04

lol, for me it was an analogy. tongue

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 3/25/2010, 22:17

Of what?
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/25/2010, 22:19

Of an idealic dream basically, a place of mutual understanding. Laughing

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 3/25/2010, 22:20

LoL for me that happens alot but with you I guess it is a dream
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/25/2010, 22:42

Yeah pretty much. I can confide in my vod though, so I'm good. Smile

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 3/29/2010, 18:18

@James, yes, I imagine confiding with people who understand you, while walking underneath a starry sky would be wonderful. Smile I honestly love doing that, but really havent gotten the chance with my busy schedule lately.. Also because I dont really have anyone I can walk & talk underneath a starry sky.

I honestly think understanding is one of the best things a person can have within themselves.. Understanding of people's actions, feelings, ways of doing things, etc... Its all rather important..

Thus is why I love learning about human interaction & history & what not. Cause it gives you a better understanding of such things. Smile

This is where I now bring up a new feeling.. That I want to know your OWN personal (yes, personal, I'm getting deep here guys. Wink ) definition of happiness. What is it to you? What makes YOU happy? Smile
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 3/29/2010, 18:48

Talking to friends... and listening to music(especially about God)
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 3/29/2010, 18:51

I think my highest level of happiness would be when I'm helping people I really really care about, I'm getting things done, & I'm at a calm state of being (even though I'll still be a klutz, thats never gonna go away, lol) where I can just.. Chill. Smile
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 3/29/2010, 18:52

Kinda that same here.... I like helping the few people I really like when they're having troubles... just like they did when I was
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 3/29/2010, 18:54

Exactly, cause I mean if you cant help them.. What kind of friend does that really make you?
Thats why I dont understand when people are like, "My friends have a problem? Pffft, they'll be fine! Why would they want my help?"

The thing is.. They usually do. Unless they request to do it themselves, then you need to leave them alone.
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 3/29/2010, 18:58

yup... they'd want your help because when people are brought low they are looking for something that will lift them up(they do it by themselves to find inner strength to prove that they can get through life be their own strength) ;P
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 3/29/2010, 19:01

Exactly.. Whenever my friends just blow me off (& sometimes they do, which is why I dont hang out with those friends much...) I get really hurt.. Its kinda like a slap to the face.

& Thats exactly why some people are like, "Urrgghh, leave me alone! I gotta be a little more independent!" Haha.
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 3/29/2010, 19:08

Ok you go and have fun sitting alone in that corner
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 3/29/2010, 19:17

I wasnt say that I was the person doing that.... Razz
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 3/29/2010, 19:18

I know... and i was talking to the person who is emo
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/29/2010, 23:21

Emo people make me sad, just because they feel that being emo is the only way they feel they can express themselves. My family, all of you guys Commissioned in this organaztion, makes me feel the happiest. Serving God, through the C.A.A. and fostering that close family feel within the organaztion, is the most fulfilling thing I have in my life. Smile

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 3/30/2010, 17:44

Thats awesome ABL! Smile
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/30/2010, 18:16

Emotions... they are what define the way we behave ourselves in the public square. They are what, more often than not, creates impressions of us in the minds of others.

I understand completely why emotionally disturbed people act the way they do: they haven't read G.K. Chesterton! Chesterton said "To have a right to do a thing is not at all the same as to be right in doing it." Emo people clearly think that because they have the right to act the way they do through freedom, they are right in doing it. They think that by changing the way they act and look and indeed changing their own person, they are making progress to a better life for themselves.

Chesterton says "Progress should mean that we are always changing the world to fit the vision, instead we are always changing the vision." Emotionally disturbed people are obviously lacking in a solid unchanging vision. We Christians have the unchanging vision of eternal life in Heaven; they have the changing vision of however they can make their life mean something to THEM by enjoying THEM.

About enjoying life, Chesterton says "Do not enjoy yourself. Enjoy dances and theaters and joy-rides and champagne and oysters; enjoy jazz and cocktails and night-clubs if you can enjoy nothing better; enjoy bigamy and burglary and any crime in the calendar, in preference to the other alternative; but never learn to enjoy yourself."

Enjoy the things with life. Let positive emotions come from positive activities! Truth be told, sadness is an emotion that stems from a sad event, and is usually unavoidable. However, we as Christians look at sadness and remind ourselves of the vision we have, of Heaven, and that we can trust in the hope of Christ that those we lose in this life will be with us forever in the next.

Chesterton says "One of the chief uses of religion is that it makes us remember our coming from darkness, the simple fact that we are created." And we are created. We are individual. We don't need to go emo to show the world (and moreover, show ourselves) that we are individual. We have our faith to show us that. Chesterton says "The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." How true is that, when you look at people like Stalin and Hitler and Mao. They all tried to find a solution to the human problem, going by atheist precepts which taught the use of euthanasia, abortion, and ethnic cleansing.

On atheism, Chesterton says "Progress is Providence without God. That is, it is a theory that everything has always perpetually gone right by accident. It is a sort of atheistic optimism, based on an everlasting coincidence far more miraculous than a miracle." Ponder atheism. They think that because there is no God, and that we have luckily found ourselves in a procreative self-efficient world, we should enjoy ourselves. Once again I reference Chesterton's quote about enjoying the good things of life.

I conclusion, I will leave you with some quotes about love which seems to be the center of any and all discussion about emotions. Razz

"The first two facts which a healthy boy or girl feels about sex are these: first that it is beautiful and then that it is dangerous."

Compare that with today's view of sex.

"A man imagines a happy marriage as a marriage of love; even if he makes fun of marriages that are without love, or feels sorry for lovers who are without marriage."
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 3/30/2010, 20:03

Your views are great 80-0! Smile
Thats exactly what I think with the whole emo thing. They think that its good to be cutting themselves because it gives them control thus making freedom their right.. But.. Its not right to be doing that.. I have family members that do that & it makes me sad.. Sad I tell them over & over again to please stop. But then that'd be taking away freedom & yeah.. Not good..

& nice quotes! Love.. Aww, I knew that was gonna come into this wonderful discussion of emotions. Because there is a lot of emotion when it comes to loving someone.. Or hell, even liking someone has a lot of emotion put behind it.
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/30/2010, 21:20

@K about love and liking someone: Yeah sometimes too much emotion is involved.............

That's awesome 80-0, and spot on my good chap! Wink

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top