Emotions

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Emotions

Post  Kombustion on 3/30/2010, 21:26

Well thats obvious but can we ever really control that ABL?
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/30/2010, 21:57

In this case yes, it's always good to have some self control, when you throw all your cards into the lot, you got more to lose...

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/31/2010, 07:01

Emotion in love has a time and a place. That said, it is not necessary all the time, but in a functioning family, for sure the couple must support each other. An overflow of emotion could lead to the family making bad choices, and directing said emotion to good ends is imperative.

Glad you all liked the quotes, Chesterton wrote about everything under the sun so he's just that easy to quote... Laughing
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/31/2010, 10:13

Haha that's awesome 80-0, cuz his quotes are amazing.

And yeah, emotion is good, but it needs to be controlled and contained. Often times, we have to learn that the hard way......

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 3/31/2010, 10:36

Kombustion wrote: & nice quotes! Love.. Aww, I knew that was gonna come into this wonderful discussion of emotions. Because there is a lot of emotion when it comes to loving someone.. Or hell, even liking someone has a lot of emotion put behind it.

Yea i know what it mean to like some one with alot of emotion.... my two best friends that are girls I pretty much love them but not in a weird sorta a way.... and when we talk I can't help but smile or feel sad depending on what they're going through in life

80-0 wrote: Glad you all liked the quotes, Chesterton wrote about everything under the sun so he's just that easy to quote... Laughing

Chesterton is great man!! and I would agree also a great man to quote... he's so smart
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/31/2010, 10:44

Choppedliver wrote:
Kombustion wrote: & nice quotes! Love.. Aww, I knew that was gonna come into this wonderful discussion of emotions. Because there is a lot of emotion when it comes to loving someone.. Or hell, even liking someone has a lot of emotion put behind it.

Yea i know what it mean to like some one with alot of emotion.... my two best friends that are girls I pretty much love them but not in a weird sorta a way.... and when we talk I can't help but smile or feel sad depending on what they're going through in life

80-0 wrote: Glad you all liked the quotes, Chesterton wrote about everything under the sun so he's just that easy to quote... Laughing

Chesterton is great man!! and I would agree also a great man to quote... he's so smart

Yes, prudence is the key to controlling your emotions. People who let their emotions drive their life will end up doing some very rash things. For example, Haiti is an absolute tragedy. I certainly feel sad for all of the people who have suffered due to the earthquakes over there, but I'm not going to buy plane tickets to fly down there because I am just one person and the rescue efforts down there have already met with considerable success.

Another example would be to return to emotionally disturbed people. They tend to do foolish things to their bodies because they think they are doing it to themselves. This is important: your body is just that: YOUR body. It is a tool, just like a sword or a gun. It is only as good or as bad as you make it through the actions you perform with it. Your body is something else, though. We know from Sacred Scripture that when we are baptized, our bodies take on the Holy Spirit within ourselves. Our body holds our soul, as well as Jesus Christ every week at Mass. When you treat your body poorly, how do you think God looks at that?

Remind yourself that it was He who gave you the body you have, and it is YOU who has been entrusted with it, it is YOU who is the steward as it were of your body, and it is up to you to keep that body in good shape so that you may continue to use it for the greater glory of God.

Yes, I love the Father Brown mysteries... they're so well written... and don't get me started on the Man Who was Thursday. Ohhhhh goodness, that is possibly the best novel ever written.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/31/2010, 13:02

About the body, that is exactly right 80-0, it is our temple, and we must keep it maintained. It is also a vessel for the Holy Spirit. Wink

@ James: Yeah, I know what you mean totally, except that I've never had that emotion towards a dalyc. but I feel that way about my vod. Very Happy

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 3/31/2010, 13:19

Ben you are a character... and very strange one at that
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/31/2010, 17:34

Thank you Captain obvious. Oh sorry, Lieutenant obvious. Laughing

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 3/31/2010, 17:36

Yes I mayjor in Obviousness Razz
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/31/2010, 17:51

Hahaha yes you do. Razz

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 3/31/2010, 17:54

Anyway back on topic!!!

I love how Music even without words is can make one so emotional... especially one like me who is so in love with music that if it ceased to exist he might want to die.
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/31/2010, 18:00

I enjoy music a great deal. Mostly I listen to soundtracks to video games I've played and movies I've watched combined with songs my brother looks up and purchases on iTunes. I like classical soundtrack music with no words for when I'm doing schoolwork, and songs with words for when I'm exercising/doing anything else.

The iPod is a wonderful invention... so much more convenient than lugging around a clunky CD player and CDs with you... I can have several complete CDs worth of music on my one gigabyte Shuffle; it's a wonderful thing.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 3/31/2010, 18:05

I enjoy music so much!!!!! It revives me when I'm down and it make everything better....even the sad songs do...

and I agree about the Ipod. Very Happy
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/31/2010, 18:08

That's awesome 80-0. Btw I have all of John Williams' sound tracks from pretty much all the SW movies if you want 'em. Wink

My music also has that affect on me James, it inspires all sorts of emotion, but mostly it inspires me to DO something for God, and further his kindgom here on Earth. Smile

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/31/2010, 18:13

HOW DARE YOU ABL. I'm positively insulted that you could think that I, SW fan that I am, would not already have all six soundtracks in my possession. Razz

JK, but yes, I do have them all. The bonus tracks are awesome; Jedi Rocks is one of my favorite songs... Laughing
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/31/2010, 20:35

AH, you're right, I apologize for my blasphemy, silly me... Laughing

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 3/31/2010, 21:04

You guys are so weird
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/31/2010, 21:09

Thank you. Normalcy is relevant. Razz

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 4/4/2010, 18:24

ABL, I do believe you mean "Normalcy is irrelevant." Lol. Razz
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/4/2010, 18:38

Hmmm, that is true... Razz

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 4/4/2010, 18:40

Haha, well, it is. Nothing is 'normal'.
Honestly, the word is irrelevant to anything.
Nothing can necessarily be normal just like nothing can necessarily actually be considered 'nothing.'
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/4/2010, 18:41

If you really think about it, that is totally true. Wow.... Shocked

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 4/4/2010, 18:46

We learned it in my history class.. There is no such thing as nothing.
Take a circle. No essentially, you think, "oh, its a circle, its nothing."
But it is! Circle can be turned into math, religious symbols (Buddhism), art, architecture, etc...
Its amazing.
Makes me look at things quite differently. Makes writing about things a lot easier too. It like gave me a whole new thing for creativity. Smile
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/4/2010, 18:49

Oh wow, that's quite impressive. Smile

Speaking of emotions, I've got some trouble with mine again, because I'm undecided about something, and it's bothering me a bit. But I'm sure time and prayer will bring clearity, it's just tough to wait cuz I'm impatient. Laughing

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top