Similar topics

Fairness: is there any of it, anywhere.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fairness: is there any of it, anywhere.

Post  Kombustion on 2/21/2010, 21:05

Recently I've been starting to realize that the world is cruel, people are unfair, & things are just messed up... People who help other people get hurt for NO APPARENT REASON at all. Where is fairness?? Why must people be so cruel & meanful as to hurt people that are actually trying to help them? People that are so filled with caring that they would rather die than hurt a soul. I just dont understand guys.. I just dont understand...
    Kombustion

None
    None

Back to top Go down

Re: Fairness: is there any of it, anywhere.

Post  0001 on 2/21/2010, 23:13

Well the world is a nasty place, but believe it or not there arer people out there who want to change that, such as this organization. But yeah fairness, it really is a rare commodity. People in general are all for themselves, and that seems to trump caring for others, thus fairness is not a real popular idea. Sad

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
    Executive Director

Executive Director
    Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 2/21/2010, 23:18

Well, I'm definitely ready to make that motion to change people's ideas of fairness.. To make them realize that everyone is all interdependent on one another. That we need to see what we are doing to all sides, that it needs to benefit everyone & not us directly.. I really wish I could just get that through some peoples' minds..
    Kombustion

None
    None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/21/2010, 23:49

I so know what you mean, you have no idea.... Some people are just so stubborn, or set in their ways though, that they will not, or are incapable of, changing. We really do need to put others first, and treat others fairer and better then ourselves. I try to do that with my brothers, but I fail a lot, since I'm just as flawed as everyone else, probably more so.

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
    Executive Director

Executive Director
    Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 2/21/2010, 23:55

You are not flawed more so than others, I do not get why you say that ABL.

I really do try the same with my brothers' also. & its tough actually to change to be a totally full on caring person when they call you really cruel names... But maybe we arent there yet because we arent old enough to understand & care & be fair to them even when they call me really bad names & such. & I think that level of understanding, caring, & compassion comes at different ages. Cause when it does, its probably like a permanent switch that can never be turned off.

When you really dont care, what people think of you, as long as you're helping others, your life is in a light that no one can cover. Smile
    Kombustion

None
    None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/22/2010, 00:04

Well to be honest, I treat my one younger blood brother a lot harsher then I should, even though I love that little guy to pieces and want the best for him. But for my other brothers, I need to be more out there for them, and more supporting of them. Especially guys like Crinkle and such, he needs me to back him up, and in the past we've kinda back stabbed each other a lot. I think that's all over now. But I really need to work on being there for other people, I used to not be, and still kinda arn't which has really limited me I think in relationships with other people, becuase I'm too self centered.

Executive Director

Executive Director
    Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 2/22/2010, 00:11

I have two younger brothers that I love to pieces & I hate to treat them harshly, but they can really get on my nerves... Cause they are treating me so bad, so sometimes I'm caught in a "Uhh.. I dont know what to do..." situation. As for your situation with your brothers you sound as if you are pretty supportive of them ABL... & ABL, we are all just trying to improve ourselves, no one is perfect, but we can all strive to be better & thats all you can do. Smile

Thats another thing where fairness comes into play, some people DONT want to change because they dont care about people around them, so they keep on treating them unfairly, no matter how hard other people may be trying to help them.. & thats when its unfair. Because they arent even striving to be better for themselves & for other people that surround them.
    Kombustion

None
    None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/22/2010, 00:17

True indeed. Your brothers treat you really bad aye? I'm sorry, that would be annoying....

Executive Director

Executive Director
    Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 2/22/2010, 00:20

Yeah, its a difficult situation. I'm alright. They just need to work on how angry they get at some things.. Like losing video games & not getting candy. Cause they think they're getting treated unfairly, they dont realize that they are being really self centered, & they tend to get a little out of hand.

Calming them down is like a war zone. You never can win.
    Kombustion

None
    None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/22/2010, 00:22

Yeoza, I feel very sorry for you indeed. Shocked My bro's pretty cool, we get in a lot of arguments and such, but it's mostly my fault so, I probably have no right to complain... Laughing

Executive Director

Executive Director
    Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 2/22/2010, 00:26

Nahh, dont feel sorry. Razz & Well, there's always sibling rivalry in every family with more than one child I'm sure. Smile
    Kombustion

None
    None

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 2/22/2010, 05:52

I just have one older brother; he's usually nice, though right about now I'm having a hard time convincing him to get The Force Unleashed on eBay for 21.99 USD.

Yes, as you can see I'm prioritizing flawlessly. Razz

But on the topic of cruelty and nastiness in the world, it's the same answer to the question of why God allows evil.

You see, God gave us all a free will. But when you take God out of the equation, people think they own their will and can do what they wish with it. Thus, having no foundation from which to provide a moral philosophy to live by, they have no reason to be good.

As for situations within the family, those are always precarious. I've gotten into a few arguments with my cousins during the few times we see each other, but on the whole we're usually thick as thieves. One of them who is my age sometimes tends to react loudly and sometimes impetuously to my actions, and one day he just refused to talk to me, but got over himself, it seems, by the next day.

It's always complicated for me to figure out why people I only see once every few months act the way they do because I don't see them so often. I used to be able to predict the actions of my older brother because I lived with him every day, but now that he's in college for most of the day I don't get to be with him as often and thus perhaps don't understand him as well as I used to. That said, I still love him because he's my only brother, and I'd hate for anything bad to happen to him.
    80-0

None
    None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/22/2010, 12:02

Brilliantly said 80-0. Very Happy Yes, your priorities are flawless indeed. Razz

Executive Director

Executive Director
    Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 2/22/2010, 18:45

But it's truly hard to live by one's priorities in life with all the distractions.

Cpt. Crinkle
    Shot First

A6 Standard
    Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/22/2010, 21:21

It is tough, some times tougher then other times. We just gotta keep asking God for guidence.

Executive Director

Executive Director
    Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 2/23/2010, 19:24

True.

Cpt. Crinkle
    Shot First

A6 Standard
    Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top