Chastity, or lack thereof...

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chastity, or lack thereof...

Post  0001 on 3/7/2010, 19:25

This has been something that I hadn't really noticed until a day or so ago, when it really sunk in. There are a heck of a lot of young single parents that I know of right now. I mean even just in my small sphere of existence, there are 4, all about the same age as me. What happned to abstinance? To chastitiy? Why is everyone having kids all of a sudden? Mad

Last edited by astoriabluelegos on 3/7/2010, 19:33; edited 1 time in total

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: Chastity, or lack thereof...

Post  Jedi Joe on 3/7/2010, 19:29

astoriabluelegos wrote:Why is everyone having kids all of a sudden? Mad

Because they're stupid.
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/7/2010, 19:30

Thanks Joe. tongue But I was kinda hoping for a slightly more indepth discussion then that. Razz

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 3/7/2010, 19:31

Dude, I know exactly where you are coming from!!!! It is SOOOOOOOOOOOO sad to see the many young single parents.. Sad Its like they dont know the consequences.. Although.. They are a good reminder to other people, like me, that if you have sex you could end up as a single mom at 16. There go your dreams of going to college... Of being a kid for the next 2 years. Yepp.. Just say goodbye to all that.
That is what convinces me (that & the whole wait til after you're married thing) to not have sex as a highschooler. It just seems kinda ridiculous as to how many sex crazed people there are in my school.. Its like all they think about. "/
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/7/2010, 19:37

Sounds like it hasn't changed much since I was there... Yeah, we all crave God, and others try and fill that void with worldly things, such as drugs, sex, etc. Waiting really isn't that hard. (Like I'm one to talk, 20 and have never dated. Laughing ) but you get my point. It is really sad, because kids just so complicate life, and if you arn't prepared for that, and have a stable life, then it's really tough. I think this problem is one that really needs to be addressed. And the only way to do that is abstinence. Because habits are easier to kick, if they never start.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 3/7/2010, 22:22

But you guys no why they do it right?
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/7/2010, 23:11

Yeah, basically what Joe said. Razz

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 3/8/2010, 15:22

I was going to say that people get pregnant because they are too cheap to buy condoms, but then I noticed that condoms are no more than $10 a box of 12-14. So, I guess people are just bored and lazy. Bored, so they have sex, and lazy because they can't be bothered to stop at their local Safeway beforehand.
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 3/8/2010, 17:31

Haha. Yes, lazy & stupid. I mean, really, people should learn how to use a condom if they are even going to have sex. Or they could end up like this poor guy....

Hahaha! Very Happy
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/8/2010, 18:17

Ummmm wow....... Anyways, is it really that hard for young people to just wait? I mean really? Adultry is a big deal...

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 3/8/2010, 19:41

astoriabluelegos wrote:Yeah, basically what Joe said. Razz

Well... close... But it's actually because people have an empty feeling inside... they try to fill it with sex, drug, and alcohol... but what really needs to go there is God who is the really comforter.
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/8/2010, 20:19

YES!!!! EXACTLY!!! cheers

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 3/8/2010, 21:43

Not to offend anyone but if they want to have sex use a condom and and birth control even if you don't believe artificial birth control or they could be smarter and just not have sex.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 3/8/2010, 21:45

Agreed Razz
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/8/2010, 23:07

That's spot on Crink. Very Happy

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/9/2010, 05:17

Cpt. Crinkle wrote:Not to offend anyone but if they want to have sex use a condom and and birth control even if you don't believe artificial birth control or they could be smarter and just not have sex.

Best kind of birth control is self-control, kids. cheers
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/9/2010, 15:33

Amen to that vod! cheers I mean really, it's not that hard...

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 3/9/2010, 16:51

Hmm. I wouldn't say people are trying to fill an emotional void with sex, but I guess everyone has their own theories.

Shall we debate the fine points of adultery? The traditional definition is to have sex with a married woman.
Not that I'm condoning extramarital sex, but we need a nice debate in this thread. We can't go on agreeing with each other, or this thread will die.
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/9/2010, 16:58

Hahaha, this is why we love you Egg. Razz

That's true, that is the actual deffiniton, but I'm pretty sure (and I'll look) that in other places it condemns pre-marital intercourse as well.

We all have a void for God, and we seek wordly satisfaction totry and fll that void, because we are too foolish to figure out what really is lacking in our lives is God, not things. Which is part of the sexual issue. I've noticed that none of the die-hard Christians I know (such as yourself) seem to have any problems being chaste, and that is because Giod gives us the strength to control ourselves. Wink

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 3/9/2010, 17:00

Yet I know many Christians who do stumble and fall to temptation and end up having sex. I wouldn't say they are bad people, or that they have a void in their lives. I would just say that everyone does dumb stuff.
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/9/2010, 17:03

That's true. But you need to ask for forgivness, and then not do it again. You don't get forgiven, just to get up and go do it again. Razz IDK, I just think it really isn't that hard NOT to have sex, it's just self control....

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 3/9/2010, 17:09

Pretty much.
Dag nabbit, I did it again. What's something we both have completely different opinions on?
Mayonnaise and miracle whip are the same thing, people! Wake up!
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/9/2010, 17:12

The problem is Egg, we usually end up agreeing at the end, because we bring up points that we both pretty much cannot dispute. Razz

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 3/9/2010, 17:49

Sgt Angry Egg wrote:Pretty much.
Dag nabbit, I did it again. What's something we both have completely different opinions on?
Mayonnaise and miracle whip are the same thing, people! Wake up!

ROFL
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/10/2010, 12:33

@James: I know right? Laughing

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top