The Tea Party

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Tea Party

Post  0001 on 3/17/2010, 11:59

I cannot believe how popular this movement has become, it just shows how foolish Americans are these days.

It's interesting to me that while they say they are defending freedom and democracy, at the same time they are actively fighting it's principles. Led by that ideologue Beck with his close-minded ideals, false documents, and crazy nonsensitive ideals and accusations, the movement appears to be heading us towards a state of anarchy.

Associating themselves with the likes of the idiotic birthers, the gun rights advocates, and armed militia groups, the Tea Party is setting itself up to be America's Taliban. Essentially it is comprised of radical ideas, and people foolish or dumb enough to follow them. Like the Taliban, they have a loose sense of core principles, in this case the "fact" that Obama's government is just a front for the tyrannical anti-Christ. This loose group of fanatics is setting itself up to be a major plague to democracy.

I've been following them since their conception (by some Republican and one of his mistresses probably..) and find it so funny how people can commit and get so emotional about something that seems so ludicrous. Smaller government and their threatened gun rights are their rallying cries. But all the stuff they seem to be worried about, are not even the governments concern right now, so why are they so upset about it?

The fact is our "rights" are not being threatened, and Beck and people like him are simply playing on peoples innate fear of the unknown, they are the sheep, and he is their twisted shepherd. They are foolish enough to follow his ideals, and commit themselves fully to them, one eve saying that he'll be armed and ready if the 2012 elections don't go "their way". How is that standing for democracy?

The fact about democracy is that it's the PEOPLE'S choice, and even if we don't all agree, we can't just leave and arm ourselves for a coup, Civil War anyone? That's not how it works. We need to use the system to work towards change, and stop this idiotic blame game. A bunch of armed fanatical never solved anything.

I think t he best thing though, us because the Tea Party is so paranoid, and comprised of simple minded rebel rousers, threat it will never be organized enough to pose any real threat, like all radical ideological movements with no core base or principles, it will die out. Hopefully sooner rather then later. For now it is just an annoying nuisance that we must ignore.


Last edited by astoriabluelegos on 3/28/2010, 22:32; edited 1 time in total

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4037
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tea Party

Post  Jedi Joe on 3/17/2010, 14:33

Holy...

Wow, I shouldn't even respond to this crap because it is so false... Rolling Eyes

But I will.

You do realize that they are only protesting against the evils of our government, right? They don't burn police cars or fear-monger all the way, they have a real cause. Also, Glenn Beck did NOT start the Tea Party Movement, I'm not sure he even started it.

Here's a question: How come you call yourself a conservative, but yet you bash the right all the time? When I first saw this thread, I didn't think someone like YOU would start it... Don't be stupid, ABL. Actually WATCH Glenn Beck before you judge him, and don't trust ABC News and what they say about the Tea Party.
avatar
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
Location : Florida
Posts : 717
None


Back to top Go down

Re: The Tea Party

Post  80-0 on 3/17/2010, 19:02

You need to listen to Mark Levin, a lot. He comes on at 6 PM every weekday and ends at 9 PM. (eastern time) And if you don't want to listen to him, read his book, Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto.

Ok, so activism is wrong? Americans should just sit down and shut up if they don't like the way THEIR country is headed? That's right, I said if they don't like the way THEIR country is headed? The country belongs to WE the people (see what I did there?), not to Obama. He is the one doing stuff that is not allowed by the Constitution. If he won't uphold the Constitution, the American people as seen in the Tea Party movement WILL UPHOLD IT. NOTHING Obama is doing is constitutional in the LEAST. NOTHING.

OK, on to your post which I shall dissect in great detail. Razz

I cannot belive how popular this tmovement has become, it just shows how foolish Americans are these days.

Activism. America doesn't like what the government's doing so they rise up and say no. Hey, at least they aren't rioting. At least they aren't turning to violence. That's because they stand with moral Christian principles on their side, as well as the Constitution. Obama or his fellows can NEVER answer straight on a question of the constitutionality of their actions because they are NOT constitutional. Hence this movement. Activism.

It's interesting to me that while thgey say they are defffending freedom and democracy, at the same time they are actively fighting it's principles. Led by that ideolougue Beck with his close-monded ideals, false documents, and crazy nonsensicle ideals and accusatiuons, the movement appears to be heading us towards a state of anarchy.

And Obama ISN'T an ideologue? Wink

Look, the only thing they are upholding is what is in the Constitution. If it's in the Constitution it's democratic. Is that OK? Or do you have a problem with the Constitution, like Obama does? How come he never quotes the Constitution? How come he doesn't use the Constitution or our founding documents as a founding for his plans? BECAUSE HIS PLANS ARE NOT CONSTITUTIONAL.

No, not anarchy, we just really want to throw Obama and his goons out of office. You see the Tea Partiers stand by the election system, and once we throw Obama and the left out of office, we'll throw some real conservatives right back in.


Associating themselves with the lieks of the idiotic birthers, the gun rights advocates, and armed millitia groups, the Tea PArty is setting itself up to be America's Taliban. Essentially it is comprised of radical ideas, and people foolish or dumb enough to follow them. Like the Taliban, they have a loose sense of core principles, in this case the "fact" that Obama's government is just a front for the tyrannical anti-christ. This loose group of fanatics is setting itself up to be a major plague to democracy.

What armed militia groups? And what is wrong with gun rights? Gun rights are constantly threatened by the likes of the ACLU (American Criminal Liberties Union, I mean Civil Liberties Union, oops) and the SEIU, so I think gun rights are a present issue just 'cos Obama isn't talking it up.

America's Taliban? ABL you have lost your mind. Has any Tea Parties led to violence? No. Not unless some ACORN thugs got bused in and started rowdying things up, no. Have any Tea Parties went around blowing themselves up? No. "America's taliban" is just silly. Therefore I will ignore it and move on.


I've been following them since their conception (by some Republican and one of his mistreses probably..) and find it so funny how people can commit and get so emotional about something that seems so ludicrous. Smaller government and their threatened gun rights are their rallying cries. But all the stuff they seem to be worried about, are not ev en the governments concern right now, so why are they so upset about it?

Republican and his mistresses? You mean John Edwards? Oh, sorry he's a Democrat. You mean Bill Clinton? Sorry he's a Democrat. You mean Elliott Spitzer? Sorry, Democrat. You mean Ted Kennedy? Oh sorry he's a Democrat. You mean Barney Frank? Sorry, Democrat. AND THE LIST GOES ON.

(oh, fine, that Repub Mark Sanford. happy now?)

Moving on: Like I said above, gun rights are actively being threatened. And small government is obviously not the norm with Obama, hence the Tea Partiers concern about that issue. Don't think that Obama's sole appendage is the government (which he completely controls lest we forget): he also has the community "organizers" like ACORN, SEIU, and ACLU on his side.


The fact is our "rights" are not being threatened, and Beck and people like him are simpply playing on peoples innate fear of the unkown, tey are the sheep, and he is their twisted shephard. They are foolish enough to follow his ideals, and commit themselves fully to them, one eve saying that he'll be armed and ready if the 2012 elections don't go "their way". How is that standing for democracy?

Unknown? All right I will admit that a 2000 page bill is pretty much unknown to most of us, but hey, are the opposition reading the bill and quoting sections right out of it to support it? No. The conservatives are reading the bill and quoting sections right out of it to show that it is a BAD THING.

Whoever said he'd be armed and ready if the 2012 elections didn't go their way is crazy. However, I will be honest: if the healthcare bill passes, we will NOT sign on to the government option and we will NOT pay the fines that they impose on us because of it. It's called overstepping authority, and Obama has FAR overstepped his authority both in his actions and in his lies.


The fact about democracy is that it's the PEOPLE'S choice, and even if we don't all agree, we can't just leave and arm ourselves for a coup, Civil War anyone? That's not how it works. We need to use the system to work towards change, and stop this iditoic blame game. A bunch of armed fanaticals never solved anything.

Yes, it is the people's choice. I want to quote from a video game I recently played, Rainbow Six: Vegas. A terrorist was saying this on a camera: "The will of a government is only as strong as the will of its people. And the will of the American people is about to be broken." Then goes on to threaten police with a hostage situation, but that's aside the point. Apparently he wasn't around for government run healthcare, because the will of this government is not only contrary to the American Constitution and the principles of our founding, but contrary to the will of its people. And the sad thing is the politicians who are imposing this will don't much give a darn what the American people think. This Tea Party movement is just the American people reminding the politicians that WE own this country, and that THEY work for US, not the other way around.

I think t he best thing though, us bvecayse the Tea Party is so paranoid, and comprised of simple minded rebel rousers, theat it will never be organized enough to pose any real threat, like all radical ideological movements with no core base or principles, it will die out. Hopefully sooner rather then later. For now it is just an annoying nuissence that we must ignore.

You sound like big fat Ed Schultz, and that bothers me. Surprised
avatar
80-0

None
Location : Cold and snowy New York, as always.
Posts : 470
None


Back to top Go down

Re: The Tea Party

Post  Jedi Joe on 3/17/2010, 19:34

This thread has just been won. Thank you 80-0. Smile
avatar
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
Location : Florida
Posts : 717
None


Back to top Go down

Re: The Tea Party

Post  0001 on 3/18/2010, 14:14

You guys just played right into their hands, buying that load of osik without a second thought. I've been following an editorial by the New York Times about the Tea Party. They are not acitvists, they are foolish militia men being led by a idialist radical. I'm not a conservative anymore. Conservatives are so blinded by their idiocy and closed mindedness that they lost thier appeal, and their core values.

Activism and standing for what you believe in is fine, so is fighting for it WHEN THERE IS VALID REASON AND CAUSE TO! All this garbage Glenn Beck and other like him have thrown out is not proof, it's warmongering and making wild accusations. None of what the Tea Party supposedly against has happend, nor is there any incling that it's going to anytime. Their just a bunch of scared sheep because the way Obama functions is different, and because he's black. I'm not syaing I like Obama, I think his government is a lame duck. But there's no reason to start milita groups and all this nonsense over nothing.

they are not standign by "Christian Principles", Christians do not act on whims and emotion alone, they ac t on God and cold hard facts. these people are all a buinch of fools, and the cause they supposedly stand for, nonexistent. There i9s no imminent threat of sociolism and communism form the government, Glenn Beck is just and idiot. Stop listening to all this nonsense, and start thinking for yourselves based on logic.

Remember, the American people chose this, WE decided that this would happen, and now WE have to live with it. Just because we were folish then and now realize our mistake, doe not mean we can arm up and disagree, that's not how it works. We cooked the dinner, and now we have to eat it.

If what the fools in the Tea Party are saying was actually true, then I would not only support them, I would probably join them. Yes Obama is black (Not trying to be racist, but the reason so many people think he is bad is because, often supconsciously, they judge him because he is different. This is the root of a lot of fears I think.), yes he is a Democrat, and yes his government is a lame duck and innefective at really getting anything done, but he is not the anti-christ people. Wink

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4037
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tea Party

Post  Jedi Joe on 3/18/2010, 14:38

astoriabluelegos wrote:...the New York Times...

There's your problem, ABL...
avatar
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
Location : Florida
Posts : 717
None


Back to top Go down

Re: The Tea Party

Post  0001 on 3/18/2010, 14:42

Yeah I know they are very liberal, but what they are saying is true. The Tea Party and it's ideals has no base, the government isn't doing what they say it's doing, in fact it's really doing nothing except jack up the national debt... Laughing

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4037
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tea Party

Post  Jedi Joe on 3/18/2010, 14:54

But the thing is, ABL, that my uncle knows a few members of the Tea party, and they aren't angry militia (very cliched word), they are nice and they don't want government oppressing them.
avatar
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
Location : Florida
Posts : 717
None


Back to top Go down

Re: The Tea Party

Post  0001 on 3/18/2010, 16:12

Yeah not all are like that, some are normal. BUT the matter of the fact is, the government ISN'T oppressing them, that's the thing. Mad

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4037
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tea Party

Post  Jedi Joe on 3/18/2010, 16:37

Not yet, but things will be alot different with socialized healthcare.
avatar
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
Location : Florida
Posts : 717
None


Back to top Go down

Re: The Tea Party

Post  0001 on 3/18/2010, 17:46

But will it? Wink Okay, I dislike the way the whole healthcare is being handled, but using the system is the proper way to fight it, not going against it.

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4037
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tea Party

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 3/18/2010, 20:08

These tea parties seem like they do want a revolution. And one more thing to throw on your lap EVERY president tries to improve the country for the better and nobody will ever be satisfied with the same person as a leader. So rather than be mad wait for 2012 and vote for who you want to be put in office. The president is also HUMAN meaning humans aren't perfect.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 1219
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tea Party

Post  0001 on 3/18/2010, 22:31

Exactly Crink, if only more people understood that... Mad

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4037
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tea Party

Post  80-0 on 3/19/2010, 06:05

astoriabluelegos wrote:Yeah I know they are very liberal, but what they are saying is true. The Tea Party and it's ideals has no base, the government isn't doing what they say it's doing, in fact it's really doing nothing except jack up the national debt... Laughing

You're wrong. When you let politicians control something as personal as your healthcare and your health choices, they won't stop there, and will, I repeat, WILL TRY TO GAIN MORE POWER OVER YOU. They wanted unchecked political power. I don't care if you say they don't, but what they are doing is opening the healthcare industry and other industries RIGHT UP TO THE GOVERNMENT. The government could start telling us what cars we can and can't drive. Remember the clunker program? I listened to Mark Simone filling in for Mark Levin one day and he had a caller who owned four car dealerships tell him about how horrible the government's clunker program was. What went down was people gave cars in to dealerships, the dealerships had to disable the engine by using a substance that, should a leak occur, you'd need a HazMat team to clean up, and then junk the cars by cubing them. But here's the catch: The auto industry was so looking forward to the $4000-$4500 that they'd be getting for each car that they started disabling and junking them right away. But most of the cars turned out to not qualify for the program! So they're junking perfectly good cars for nothing! The same caller said he saw a 1984 Corvette with brand new tires get trashed, and he couldn't even take off the tires for his own use.

You know what this means? This means the government can just as easily as this clunker program start a program that pays people money for turning in SUVs that are supposedly killing the planet, just to advance their political enviro-Marxist agenda.

"Gee, $5000 for my SUV? I can get two cars for that! How cool is that?" Not very cool, when you consider your options are limited to those little golf-cart "cars" that environmentalists are now hawking as being environmentally friendly.

That is just one example of how government can intrude into your life to advance a political agenda. It may be scare tactics, but it's also TRUE. That clunker program HAPPENED and those cars got scrapped for nothing.

astoriabluelegos wrote:Yeah not all are like that, some are normal. BUT the matter of the fact is, the government ISN'T oppressing them, that's the thing. Mad

You're wrong. Nowhere in the Constitution (the one document which says what the government can and can't do) does the government get to take over healthcare, or the auto industry, or banks, etc. And now, the government will. Once the government has its sticky paws in these industries, it'll get more and more control over them and thus get more and more control over our lives. So the government is oppressing them, and, get this, it isn't even Constitutional! What do you say to that?


And don't ever quote the New York Slimes as anything credible. They're all written by hacks from Media Matters either with pasts they are hiding or with failed television or radio shows, the liberal front group that writes the scripts for all the MSNBC shows (and several CNNers). They didn't hold back in trashing Bush with vile falsehood-ridden articles, same with Cheney, and both of their families. Has Beck done that? No.

And now for the big one! Razz

astoriabluelegos wrote:You guys just played right into their hands, buying that load of osik without a second thought. I've been following an editorial by the New York Times about the Tea Party. They are not acitvists, they are foolish militia men being led by a idialist radical. I'm not a conservative anymore. Conservatives are so blinded by their idiocy and closed mindedness that they lost thier appeal, and their core values.

Excuse me, it's New York Slimes. There are no so-called "militia men". You talk about scare tactics, and look at that. The Slimes are sliming the tea partiers because they don't like the fact that America doesn't like Obamacare.

Conservatives have NOT lost their core values. You need to listen to Mark Levin on the radio and read his book. Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto. Get it out of the library, get it out of Borders or Barnes and Noble, just GET IT.


Activism and standing for what you believe in is fine, so is fighting for it WHEN THERE IS VALID REASON AND CAUSE TO! All this garbage Glenn Beck and other like him have thrown out is not proof, it's warmongering and making wild accusations. None of what the Tea Party supposedly against has happend, nor is there any incling that it's going to anytime. Their just a bunch of scared sheep because the way Obama functions is different, and because he's black. I'm not syaing I like Obama, I think his government is a lame duck. But there's no reason to start milita groups and all this nonsense over nothing.

There IS valid reason and cause to! What about Bill Ayers, and Jeremiah Wright, and all of Obama's crony friends, and all those sleazy Democratic senators, and ALL THE LIES THAT THEY HAVE COLLECTIVELY SPEWED OUT TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE? Obama lies left and right, Biden lies left and right, Pelosi and Reid and all the rest lie left and right. THAT is what the Tea Partiers are protesting. There are no so-called militia groups and if there are, they're going nowhere and at least are not violent.

OH MY GOOD GRAVY GOODNESS, YOU WENT THERE. THEY ARE NOT RACISTS. More crap from the NY Slimes. It's lies, all of it. Where, on record, do we have a clip of conservative racism? Oh, yeah, NOWHERE. You wanna see racism? Racism is in this clip of state-controlled MSNBC covering up the fact that a guy who brought a gun to a rally is a black man. And in the VERY SAME CLIP, the MSNBC people mention "white supremacists bringing guns to rallies". Hypocrisy at the highest level, and WE'RE the racists? No-o-o.


they are not standign by "Christian Principles", Christians do not act on whims and emotion alone, they ac t on God and cold hard facts. these people are all a buinch of fools, and the cause they supposedly stand for, nonexistent. There i9s no imminent threat of sociolism and communism form the government, Glenn Beck is just and idiot. Stop listening to all this nonsense, and start thinking for yourselves based on logic.

COMMUNISM IS ALL ABOUT GOVERNMENT CONTROL! SOCIALISM IS ALL ABOUT GOVERNMENT CONTROL! THESE PEOPLE WANT LESS GOVERNMENT IN THEIR LIVES! BUT OBAMA WANTS MORE GOVERNMENT IN THEIR LIVES! THEY ARE PROTESTING AN ADMINISTRATION WITH A MARXIST AGENDA. Nothing more, nothing less. We have cold hard facts. Obama is a Marxist and a Saul Alinsky-ite. The people he surrounds himself with are self-described Mao-ists, Marx-ists, Communists, socialists, etc. We have clips of the people he likes. We have clips of the pastor he spent 20 years listening to.

Remember, the American people chose this, WE decided that this would happen, and now WE have to live with it. Just because we were folish then and now realize our mistake, doe not mean we can arm up and disagree, that's not how it works. We cooked the dinner, and now we have to eat it.

No, we are America, not some third-world country. We cooked the dinner, and we are not eating it, and are going to chuck it in the trash in 2012.

If what the fools in the Tea Party are saying was actually true, then I would not only support them, I would probably join them. Yes Obama is black (Not trying to be racist, but the reason so many people think he is bad is because, often supconsciously, they judge him because he is different. This is the root of a lot of fears I think.), yes he is a Democrat, and yes his government is a lame duck and innefective at really getting anything done, but he is not the anti-christ people. Wink

He is not the Anti-Christ. He IS however the Anti-America. His policies are the ANTITHESIS OF THE CONSTITUTION AND THE DECLARATION AND EVERYTHING THE FOUNDING FATHERS STOOD FOR. HE WANTS TO UPROOT THE CONSTITUTION! HE WANTS TO RESHAPE THE COUNTRY AFTER THE FORMULAS DESIGNED BY MARX AND ALINSKY AND ALL THE REST! HE WANTS AMERICA TO BE ANOTHER THIRD WORLD COUNTRY! AND THESE TEA PARTIERS, AND MYSELF AS WELL, DO NOT WANT THIS!

Cpt. Crinkle wrote:These tea parties seem like they do want a revolution. And one more thing to throw on your lap EVERY president tries to improve the country for the better and nobody will ever be satisfied with the same person as a leader. So rather than be mad wait for 2012 and vote for who you want to be put in office. The president is also HUMAN meaning humans aren't perfect.

Bush was human, and Bush wasn't perfect, and did the Democrats hold back from him? NO! The Democrats marched and marched and protested and rallied, all with the intent of shaking down Bush's semi-conservative agenda. And they succeeded.

Every president, yes, but this one wants to FUNDAMENTALLY RESHAPE THE FOUNDING OF THIS COUNTRY. He wants to do things that ignore the Constitution in the process. If that's for the better of the country, well then, the founding fathers must've been pretty darn stupid to make our country so dumb, and for actually limiting the government in the way that they did. I mean, why LIMIT the national government? Why not give it unchecked power? Why let it be the sole solvent for all the country's problems? Those stupid founding fathers, they didn't know anything.


Watch this video, kids, and tell me there's racism on the conservative side of the aisle:

avatar
80-0

None
Location : Cold and snowy New York, as always.
Posts : 470
None


Back to top Go down

Re: The Tea Party

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 3/19/2010, 07:31

A way to solve political differences let's appoint Rod Blagoyavich and Vladmir Putin co-dictators. And one more thing you guys really love this paranoia thing. I like how crazy paranoia is driving you people.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 1219
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tea Party

Post  80-0 on 3/19/2010, 08:47

It isn't paranoia if it's true.

I find it funny how you're content to sit back and expect life to go swimmingly just 'cost he's our president so he must be Superman.

Oh, wait, no, don't go there...



OH NO THEY WENT THERE
avatar
80-0

None
Location : Cold and snowy New York, as always.
Posts : 470
None


Back to top Go down

Re: The Tea Party

Post  Jedi Joe on 3/19/2010, 09:01

Wow, 80-0... Game over... Razz

This might be off topic, but the use of the word "militia" is really irritating me. Here is the definition of militia:

Mirriam-Webster wrote:A part of the organized armed forces of a country liable to call only in emergency

So a militia is pretty much any type of organization that has access to weapons. They aren't necessarily evil Jihad forces, they can be good or bad. So if the Tea Party was a militia (which they aren't...), they wouldn't a bad one.


Last edited by Jedi Joe on 3/19/2010, 12:22; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
Location : Florida
Posts : 717
None


Back to top Go down

Re: The Tea Party

Post  0001 on 3/19/2010, 11:27

80-0 wrote:It isn't paranoia if it's true.

BUT IT'S NOT!!!!!!!!!! That's the point I'm trying to make! NONE of the so called "threats" the tea party stands against actually exist outside of Beck's mind! Only health care is an actual problem. Mad


They ARE a militia, or at least are becoming one. Even today the editorial talked about how they all are stalking up on guns, ammo, and survival gear as if ready to withstand a seige. Economic indicators back up that this is true. These people are nothing but a bunch of paranoid fools. Rather then cowering and preparing for a battle of nothing, why can't this energy be put into lobbying, or something that will actually make a a difference? Oh that's right I forgot, logic and thought are not these people's strong points. Rolling Eyes

The thing that bothers me is that whenever you get a large band of people blindly and emotionally bound a 'just' cause like this, and one without a definite leadership, then you leave the position open to someone with good leadership skills, and their own dark agenda. This is EXACTLY how the Taliban came about, and I think America has it's hand full fighting them, without a civil war on our hands as well.

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4037
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tea Party

Post  Jedi Joe on 3/19/2010, 12:13

You know Glenn Beck isn't part of the Tea Party movement, right? And healthcare is pretty much the only thing they stand against right now. They protested gun control a few times, but not nearly as much as the media said they have.
avatar
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
Location : Florida
Posts : 717
None


Back to top Go down

Re: The Tea Party

Post  0001 on 3/19/2010, 12:34

Yeah not directly, but his ideals most certainly are. The problem i'm realizing while trying to criticize this, is that like everything else these days, the media is polarized. So all accounts are very biased to one side or the other, trying to find the truth about something like this, which is somewhere in the middle of the two accounts, is very difficult. And I do agree that the New York Times articles profiling this (from which I got my inspiration) does satire this movement, and uses people fear of radicalism to play on emotions against the Tea Party. But even that considered, there are some truths in what is being said, and the Tea Party certainly has greta potential to morph into soemthing that could greatly harm the American cause, even while in their hearts, they steadfast believe the opposite to be true.

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4037
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tea Party

Post  Jedi Joe on 3/19/2010, 12:41

Personally, I think the Tea Party has done a lot of good things, and have given the American people a wake-up call. Because of this, alot of Obama's following will be voted out this year. A sign of this is Scott Brown's election in Massachussets.
avatar
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
Location : Florida
Posts : 717
None


Back to top Go down

Re: The Tea Party

Post  0001 on 3/19/2010, 13:21

I will agree that they have given us a wake up call, that's for sure, but not for the right reasons. And I also agree that a lot of the current government will be voted out. I think they know this too, which is why they are pushig so hard to get the health care fiasco pushed through. But will the tea party and it's actions cause good or ill for America, I think that question has yet to be answerred.

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4037
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tea Party

Post  Jedi Joe on 3/19/2010, 14:24

I don't see why they would cause ill. They stand up for America's Constitution and the American Way.
avatar
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
Location : Florida
Posts : 717
None


Back to top Go down

Re: The Tea Party

Post  0001 on 3/19/2010, 15:48

Uh-huh. They stand for what they BELIEVE is the Constitution and the "American Way". Judging by what they have done so far, they also stand for baseless fear, idiotic agression, and far right extremism.

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4037
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tea Party

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 3/19/2010, 16:01

I am not saying he is a hero I disagree him sometimes too. Seriously you people are not following truth you are following rules.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 1219
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum