The Tea Party

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Tea Party

Post  Jedi Joe on 3/19/2010, 18:18

Baseless fear? It takes a lot to stand up against the government.

Idiotic Aggression? Yea, standing up holding picket signs is REALLY agressive... Rolling Eyes

Far-right extremism? Most people in the Tea Party are center-right individuals who care for their country, like you and me.
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/20/2010, 06:17

astoriabluelegos wrote:Uh-huh. They stand for what they BELIEVE is the Constitution and the "American Way". Judging by what they have done so far, they also stand for baseless fear, idiotic agression, and far right extremism.

What do you mean, what they "believe" is the Constitution? They are the ones QUOTING, QUOTING now, from the Constitution. The liberals don't quote from the Constitution because, as I've said how many times, what they are doing is UNCONSTITUTIONAL. Tea Partiers carry around a copy of the Constitution... you don't see liberals doing that.

The fear is NOT baseless, they fear for the future of this country if the government gets unchecked power over their lives.

They don't use ANY aggression. They aren't the ones beating people up, they aren't the ones organizing disruptions in town hall meetings, they aren't the ones biting people's fingers off, that's the libs. If by far right extremism you mean governmental policies within the limits of the Constitution, than yes.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 3/20/2010, 11:30

Not even the tea partiers know the constitution. We all interpet it differently.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/20/2010, 11:51

Where's your proof?

The Constitution doesn't need to be "interpreted". It's not like the Bible. It says what it says. The people who say it needs to be "interpreted" just want to "interpret" it so it endorses their Marxist agenda.

Well I guess they're a bunch of flaming idiots, for carrying around copies of the Constitution and the Declaration and not knowing what's inside it.

Oh, I guess they MUST know what's inside it, because when you watch the videos of the Tea Party events, you hear them quoting the Constitution, you see them holding the Constitution booklet, and on and on, but no, no, they don't know what it says.

We need a politician to tell us that! We need some bureaucrats to tell us that! Hey, I have an idea! Let's have a Constitution Czar! That way he'll reassure us that everything Obama is doing is Constitutional!

Oh, wait, when you actually read the Constitution, it doesn't say anything about the government taking over the Private Sector. It does clearly outline what the government MAY and MAY NOT do, and that sure isn't in there.

I guess that's why there's no Constitution Czar.

Whattya think of that?
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 3/20/2010, 22:19

For your little knowledge of government the supreme court decides what is constitutional.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/21/2010, 05:43

It's not like they're going to call the liberals out for being unconstitutional, hence I ignore them (though I do like Roberts, Alito, Thomas, and Scalia)... Rolling Eyes
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 3/21/2010, 08:27

Cpt. Crinkle wrote:For your little knowledge of government the supreme court decides what is constitutional.

Lol, Sotomayor isn't gonna say they're being unconstitutional... Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Jedi Joe on 3/21/2010, 15:09; edited 1 time in total
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/21/2010, 10:50

Yes, she's too darn wise. Razz
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/23/2010, 11:02

Jedi Joe wrote:
Idiotic Aggression? Yea, standing up holding picket signs is REALLY agressive... Rolling Eyes
What about arming yourself to the teeth to go to starbucks? Or flaunting your "piece" just because you have a legal right to do so? Rolling Eyes

Jedi Joe wrote:Far-right extremism? Most people in the Tea Party are center-right individuals who care for their country, like you and me.

And preparing for a civil war based on your principles, denying everything without a seconjd thought without even examining it, and preparing for war isn't extremist?

If the Tea Party remained only a social activist group, that would be fine. But whenever you have blind ignorance, coupled with fear, and no set moral leaderr, it is a recipe for disaster.

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 3/23/2010, 15:18

Where are you getting this information about a civil war and carrying guns to Starbucks? The Tea Partiers don't do that.

And if there are people who do that, they are a select few. That's the thing about closed-minded people, they'll take a small minority and run with it.
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/23/2010, 16:24

Obviously from the New York Slimes, which was the same newspaper that ran ALL SORTS of hate directed at George Bush and Dick Cheney, the same newspaper that constantly drools over Obama, and the same newspaper that had to sell the darn'd Classical Station so now I can't listen to it locally because they're going broke because they suck. I can only hear it when I'm going to Mass in Sleepy Hollow. Sad
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 3/23/2010, 18:16

Though Dick Cheney was cheap as he got into office with heart problems. Now everyone hug and make up over this conversation.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/24/2010, 00:04

Jedi Joe wrote:
And if there are people who do that, they are a select few. That's the thing about closed-minded people, they'll take a small minority and run with it.

Hmmmm..... Now that is a very good point actually. Actually I think that maybe they might be feeding off people fears of extremism to polarize the issue, hahaha I love irony, both sides are so similer and they don't even realize it. Well admiting that my sources may be less then genuine, I will halt further argument on this topic until I can find a reliable source for information on the subject. Wink

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 3/24/2010, 11:47

There are also only a small percentage of people who want socialized healthcare, it's just that alot of them in the government.

I remember an episode of Glenn Beck where he took the results of a poll saying how many American people think that socialized healthcare is going to work, and how many American people believe Elvis is still alive.

Socialized healthcare: 6%

Elvis being alive: 7%

Razz
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 3/24/2010, 20:33

By the way Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh are banished to Antarctica for "survival training."

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/25/2010, 22:10

@ Joe: DO NOT even get me started on Health Care... Oh man, if the Dems wanted a legacy they got one, and infamous one no doubt. But we'll see. There are some elements of the bill I like, but overall, I just don't know. Only time will tell at this point.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/26/2010, 07:19

I predict that Medicare will go broke. The current Medicare system is now going broke on the people it's supposed to be on, seniors, etc., but putting the entire country on it is madness. It will go broke, broker than it already is. (yes I know broker isn't a comparative adjective Laughing )
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/26/2010, 12:14

I know right? The government seems to have no conceptof the matter of cost. They deal out billions as if they are worthless, but all this COSTS MONEY. I mean, have you seen the deficits we're in? They are literally bankrupting America....

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/26/2010, 15:23

Exactly right, it's WE who gets the goat, WE who gets the bill after the purchase. It's like the politicians picked up America's credit card off the side of the road and started spending sprees left and right. Laughing
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/26/2010, 16:30

I KNOW RIGHT!?!?! Mad And it's so aggrevating....

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 3/27/2010, 14:44

Hey let me put something in both your minds both sides LOVE to spend money. They just find any way they want and waste it.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/27/2010, 23:45

Yeah, but lately the current guys have been spending a LOT, and often frivolously....

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 3/28/2010, 20:29

But Ben he is spending so much because there are two wars going on while trying to improve the country.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 3/28/2010, 20:32

The spending isn't going towards the military though...
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 3/28/2010, 20:39

No but the spending is all over. The war does take lots of money too. But health care will cost a lot too. One more thing there are two things in life you have to do pay taxes and die. Other countries pay more taxes and government does take money. Taxes may have to be raised if we want to keep all we have in our part as being the number one country in the world. And one more thing helping people with health care is important but we need to also reduce our debt which is already very deep since the beginning of the country.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top