The Tea Party

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Tea Party

Post  80-0 on 4/17/2010, 10:55

I think you are confused. "take over the oil companies in the US"

The purpose of the Private Sector is for people to make successful business without governmental intrusion. If we just make a grand old Government Oil, the private oil companies will go out of business, just as GM and GE and Freddy/Fanny and healthcare will all put the respective private sector businesses out of business, due to the produced success that comes with a government program.

Crinkle, what you said makes no sense, I'm afraid. You think the government should take over the oil companies that are in the private sector? That means WE would have to pay MORE in taxes!

It is WE who fund the government. We however do NOT fund private businesses. The only money they get from us is the money we spend on their products, if we so choose to purchase them.

Look, if you want tax dollars to go to education, defense/national security, police, and other such emergency services, you'll need to have LESS government programs, and LESS programs that "we take over". No government healthcare, no government motors, no government this that and the other. ANYTHING that is run by the government is payed for by US, because the government produces NOTHING. Its profits only go to fatten the paychecks of government employees, i.e. senators, representatives, lobbyists, and the like.

This is why the left hates private business. They want total control over you. Once they own all business in the country, you will be buying everything from them. There will be but one universal shopping center for clothing, food, etc., one universal restaurant, one universal car company, one universal health insurance provider, one universal hospital, and on and on and on.

Now the fact that private business is gone means the government will be the only one getting money from the people, which means the system will be stabilized. BUT, the only other thing is this: the government controls the prices, and the choice of items available to buy.

The government controls your life by choosing what to put in the stores, and choosing what to put on the restaurant menu, and choosing what cars to sell at their dealerships.

This is the system that goes on in Russia and Red China.

This system does not go on here, in the U.S.A. We are perilously close, though. It doesn't matter jack diddly squat that "oh the prices will be so much better" in healthcare and whatnot; you are losing your LIBERTY. You ARE a free person. All men are created equal, and all men have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Think about healthcare: with the government in charge, who's to say they wouldn't start turning down patients left and right just like the insurance companies supposedly, SUPPOSEDLY now, do? They control you; you are the straw man to which they can do whatever they like. "Ehh your hip replacement is too expensive for the government, sorry, you'll have to wait." "Ehh the medicine for your heart problem is too expensive; here, take some pain pills." Do you want that to happen? Well it will.

Liberty, people, liberty. Why the heck would ANYONE pay ten bucks less for something they don't want? I'd gladly pay ten bucks more for the thing I DO want!

The purpose of healthcare reform is to make it available to the poor, and the LONG TERM UNINSURED, i.e. those who cannot get it and will not get it for a long time, NOT those who will be uninsured for a month or two, NOT those who choose not to be insured, and NOT those who are here illegally. This bill FORCES a CERTAIN TYPE of healthcare on EVERYBODY. It's a one-size fits all product that everyone must have.

It's like saying "Ok America, Golf must now be played by every American citizen! You have to play it because we think it's good for you! If you don't you will be fined, and potentially imprisoned!" That would be outrageous. There are dozens of sports to choose from, and not everyone would enjoy golf. Perhaps everyone would in a sterilized tyrannical society like I mentioned 5-6 paragraphs up. In that instance golf would be the only sport anyone would hear about, because all other sports would be banned, and forbidden to be played.

That is tyranny at work, ladies and gentlemen. I CANNOT underscore these points enough.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 4/17/2010, 17:00

I am not saying we should I am just saying the thought of fewer taxes by owning oil companies.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/18/2010, 13:15

Or we could work on alternative energys sources and cut those greedy oil companies out of the loop entirely. Wink

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 4/18/2010, 21:05

You see why there isn't alot of Solar energy sold commercially?

The government needs to get your money, so why should you have a personal power plant?
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/18/2010, 22:44

Hmmm, that's very true indeed unfortunatly.

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 4/19/2010, 21:27

Solar energy would be a good idea. And also in Eugene there are plans for a solar panel factory. Recently I saw two energy efficient inventions a soccer ball that generates electricity from being kicked around and spray on solar panels.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/20/2010, 14:09

Whoa whoa whoa, SPRAY ON Solar panels?!?!?! Shocked

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 4/20/2010, 16:03

Yes, Abl it's in the works.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 4/20/2010, 20:47

Sounds like something out of cartoons... Shocked
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/20/2010, 23:48

Indeed, can you imagine how awesome that would be though?!?!? Shocked

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 4/21/2010, 08:28

You have to read the 25 best inventions in Reader's Digest.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 4/21/2010, 10:46

Or we could just stick to coal. Wind power will get us nowhere 'cos they take up so much space, and solar panels will make us suffer during dark times, or thunderstorms. A combination of each would waste the energy they produce... I say stick to coal and oil. We have so many forms of energy that we shouldn't limit ourselves to something that a pointy-headed academic told us would "save the planet".
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 4/21/2010, 12:22

No, we should switch to solar. It's way more economical, and it can store energy in a battery for night-time and cloudy days.
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/21/2010, 12:36

Yeah coal and oil are finite, and we are fast running out, plus they are very dirty, and the infrastrucure is full of corruption. We were stupid to develope our society of such finite resources, but humans in general tend to disregard long term consequences for immediate reward.

I read an article this morning about a study about who exactly is in the Tea Party, 80% are ultra conservative white males, and as I suspected, a lot of what they're doing is about race, even if they don't realize it as much. I'm going to get the article and the polls they did and post it up here, it's interesting and was just as I thought. Black president means it's time to revolt.... Rolling Eyes

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 4/21/2010, 15:49

The article from where, by who, the study from where, by who...

^all of this is important information. Wink

Look, there's no denying that unfortunately, blacks are a minority in this country. Even if two thirds of all blacks joined the Tea Party and signed into the study, there would still be more white people.

I've got nothing against blacks, hispanics, etc., but saying that since the Tea Party is mostly white it can't be taken seriously is like saying China is a racist country because the Chinese people are not black.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 4/21/2010, 16:21

Yea, who's stereotyping now, ABL?
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/22/2010, 00:21

@80-0: I wasn't saying that it can't be taken seriously, actually I think it is a really serious thing, I just thought that it was interesting. Historically it has always been angry white males behind stuff like this, in this case I know it's far more diverse then that, but the Tea Party could be an unsuspecting vehicle for these people to use to their own advantage.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 4/22/2010, 15:15

The problem is, "these people" (angry white males) unfortunately are encompassed by, you guessed it, the liberals.

(Olbermann gets two 'cos he's extra crazy)
^Oh darn it, they're all white males and they are all angry and they are all on MSNBC. Bang goes your point, my dear ABL. Laughing

So to return to my previous point, unless they are disguised as conservatives and still spew such racist nonsense, you won't find anyone with mine or Joe's views in the Tea Party who spews such nonsense. The two just don't go together.

You see, and I cannot underscore this enough: those who share my views believe in the Constitution and the Declaration. Therefore we believe that all men are equal. Therefore we believe that a black man should have as much of a chance as a Hispanic man who'd have as much of a chance as a white man to live the American dream in America. Make everybody "Americans" (provided they are citizens) and give everyone a chance.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 4/22/2010, 16:42

80-0 wins again!

Sporting new sig, btw.
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/22/2010, 23:48

Okay, yeah I can agree with that. But just one little detail. WHY did the Tea Party only arise under the Obama administration to "deffend" the constitution, when to date, Bush has made more changes to the constitution then Obama has. I'm not saying that's good or bad, just pointing that out. I think the Tea Party COULD be a positive force, and many of it's outposts are. I also thing it is pervaded by nutcases, crack jobs, and the like. Right now they need to be more unified, they have everyone from the idiotic birthers and millitia men, to the upstanding people who actually care.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 4/23/2010, 08:02

ABL, the Tea Party stepped up because of Obama's healthcare plan. You do realize it will bankrupt our country, right?
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/26/2010, 12:41

@Joe: Yes I do realize that, it's just another thing the government wants to throw money at... Rolling Eyes As long as the Tea Party stays a social rallying movement, I'm cool with it. It's just the fact that is is disorganized, tends to be filled with lots of people who have a history of not thinking things through, and spearheaded by people like Beck and Palin, that make me worried.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 4/26/2010, 12:57

Sarah Palin > your mom

Razz
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 4/26/2010, 13:11

Um, Glenn Beck I somewhat understand, but Sarah Palin? Neutral
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 4/26/2010, 13:29

Well Joe, he’s alas going the way of David Frum. Frum was a speechwriter for George W. Bush, then left, wrote a book (which sold about 4000 copies Laughing ), and figuratively stabbed him in the back. Now he goes on MSLSD, err, NBC, and CNN and attacks Sarah Palin, attacks solid conservatives like Mark Levin and Mark Steyn, and pretends to represent conservatism when in fact he represents what is wrong with the Republican party.

Instead of creating non-existent problems on your own side, and as such folding to pressure from the opposition, do your side a favor and stand up against the other side. I don’t go around attacking my own side for the sake of “Well HEY, I’m bi-partisan! I can attack BOTH sides! LOOK AT THAT!” Nobody cares about that. Nobody wants to read that. What people want are two clear-cut ideas with no nonsense in the middle for what will make sure this great country remains the greatest country on the face of the earth.

Instead of picking on Beck, who you agree with a lot more than you realize, pick on someone like David Axelrod (with the German moustache) or Al Capone, I MEAN, Rahm Emanuel, or some of the left-wing television and radio hosts. Don’t you think Ed Schulz is doing more damage to the country than Glenn Beck? Ed Schulz is the one who said “I’d vote five and six times to keep these bastards out”, referring to the Massachusetts special election and his opposition to Scott Brown.

Or how about Keith Olbermann? Every day he has a segment in which he dubs someone in the political spectrum the "Worst Person in the World". Does Beck do that? No. Beck digs up the facts and shows them to you. He doesn't twist them, he shows them to you. And you say "I don't want to believe that about Lyndon Johnson and the Great Society" and "I don't want to believe that about FDR" and "I don't want to believe that about Barack Obama". Well if a Republican ran for president who began his political campaign in the house of a domestic terrorist, hung out with an anti-Semitic and America-hating pastor, and lies as much as Obama does, I would certainly oppose him in the primary and support a true conservative.

Right now, we're obviously going to win in '10 and probably, the way Obama is going, in '12. But the real question is, will our party unite under the flag of conservatism? Or will they tear it up into tiny pieces and drag each piece in the opposite direction? I hope not.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top