Radical and Fanaticism

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Radical and Fanaticism

Post  0001 on 3/19/2010, 11:47

This pervasive force has really got it's grip on people these days. What with the depression, and all the global fears flying around at this point in time. People are called to causes that seems just, but are really a false front for extremism. Extremism exists all around us, a snake lying in wait, ready to strike. It exists in all facets of life.

We all now about the extreme left, but now there's a strong extreme right coming into play as well, led by the Tea Party and the birthers. There is also a lot of Religious extremism, spearhead by fanatical variations of Islam, it seems not even America is safe from it's grasp any longer.

So what is fanaticism and how do we combat it? Well fanaticism is trademarked most by fear, that is the main rallying cry. Fear of the unknown, fear of loss of freedom. What separates fanaticism from a just cause is the base of those fears. Fanaticism feeds on baseless fears, fears that stem from conspiracy theories, mis-representation of religious texts, that sort of thing. Another haul mark are charismatic leaders, and people willing to give their lives to follow their teachings. They also tend to discourage independent thought, and denounce anything that goes against their very narrow set of views.

The best way to combat fanaticism is to carefully view both sides of an issue before reaching a conclusion, weight the issue at hand from a moral and logical standpoint. Does this go against my beliefs? What evidence is their to back up my viewpoint? What about their viewpoint? And most importantly, think for yourself. Don't let anyone talk you into anything, ask God if you are uncertain about something, and don't think that you will always be right all the time. Fanatics believe they are infallible, and that their cause is just, but moist often it is just a guis for human ambition, emotion, greed, and misunderstanding.

As Christians we need to walk the fine line between both polls, if we waver in either direction, the poll of that side's point of view can corrupt our clarvoyance. And most of all, we need to not be quick judgment or violence. Issues that do not explicitally go against God's word or teachings should be weighed very carefully. Especially when it comes to politics, there are so many factors to consider. Too often do we jump to conclusions, ally with certain camps, and ignore blatant truths. This is wrong, only when we examine BOTH sides of an issue, as without bias as possible, and through consulting God, can we hope to make any sort of informed and intelligent decision.

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: Radical and Fanaticism

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 3/19/2010, 15:58

Well said brother.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/20/2010, 06:15

I'm afraid I'll lose my freedom from Obama's policies... am I a fanatic? Surprised

The Tea Partiers do not fear the unknown, they fear Barack Obama (and not what they think Barack Obama is, what they KNOW Barack Obama is).

Van Jones is Barack Obama.

Anita Dunn is Barack Obama.

The Reverend Jeremiah Wright is Barack Obama.

Bill Ayers and his thug wife is Barack Obama.

Saul Alinsky is Barack Obama.

Karl Marx is Barack Obama.

Mao tse-Tung is Barack Obama.

AND THE LIST GOES ON

WE KNOW WHO THIS MAN IS, WE KNOW WHAT HE STANDS FOR, WE KNOW WHAT HE WANTS, AND WE FEAR ALL OF THE ABOVE. WE DON'T FEAR THE UNKNOWN AND WE DON'T PREY ON THE FEARS OF OTHERS. IF WE FEAR THAT WE WILL LOSE FREEDOM IN THIS GREAT NATION OF OURS, FREEDOMS GUARANTEED BY THE DECLARATION AND THE CONSTITUTION, THEN WE HAVE EVERY RIGHT, EVERY RIGHT TO MARCH AND PROTEST ALL WE WANT. WE ELECTED THIS PRESIDENT SO HE WOULD FIX THIS COUNTRY. DON'T GIVE ME THE SAME OLD SCHPEAL, "ohh we elected him so let's just sit down and shut up for four years), NO NO NO. WE ELECTED HIM TO FIX THIS COUNTRY. WE ELECT EVERY PRESIDENT SO THEY WILL FIX THIS COUNTRY'S PROBLEMS (not all of them of course, those within his constitutionally ratified ability), NOT SO THEY WILL REMAKE THIS COUNTRY. NOT SO THEY WILL REFORM THIS COUNTRY. THIS COUNTRY DOESN'T NEED MORE REFORM. THIS COUNTRY DOESN'T NEED MORE GOVERNMENT. WE NEED LESS, LESS OF BOTH.

rawr
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 3/20/2010, 11:28

Stop being so paranoid.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/20/2010, 11:59

GAHHH YOU FOOL! YOU ARE SO NAIVE, YOU ARE SO BLINDED BY THE THOUGHT "Oh he can't possibly want to hurt this country, he's so nice and such a great talker to! Did you hear his speech the oth-" NO I DIDN'T AND I REFUSE TO LISTEN TO THAT BUFFOON.

Listen and listen carefully: THEY are the radicals. THEY are the ones who want to change country. THEY are the Marx fanatics and the Mao fanatics and on and on and on, THEY are the fanatical radicals.

"Fear of the unknown"

They are the ones saying "Millions of Americans will go without health care if this doesn't pass!" and you say "Oh my gosh we have to cover them!" then they say "What will happen to them if it doesn't pass?" then you say "I can't bear to think of it! PASS IT NOW SO I CAN GO BACK TO WATCHING OPRAH!"

See, you don't know a few important things here. You don't know that over 20 million of those Americans lack insurance INTENTIONALLY. I always see big fat Ed Schulz hawking that "Ohh the bill will cover 30 million uninsured, but the Republican bill only covers 3 million." That is such nonsense! There are only between 3 and 7 million people who are uninsured UNINTENTIONALLY. So every time big fat Ed Schulz says "30 million! 30 million!" he's really saying those 20-27 million who intentionally have no insurance (because, let's say, they can pay for any operations they would need in the future with their own money, or say don't need insurance at all) would be forced into the government plan AGAINST THEIR WILL.

Do the sheep whose fear of people dying in the streets due to lack of insurance know this? No, that's why they go along with it!

If facts make you paranoid, I'm proud to say I'm %100 paranoid. ;P
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 3/20/2010, 22:16

Now I forgive you for the comment and turn my left cheek to be slapped. You must open your closed mind and see the world. Political differences are a big issue separating everyone. Anyone can damage a country's rights and other aspects of a country so don't believe it all to fall on one guy. The WHOLE government is to be blamed for damage to rights and other aspects to this country.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/21/2010, 05:47

Yes Crinkle, you just NAILED IT UP AGAINST THE WALL. Obama and his people ALL CONTROL THE GOVERNMENT, EVERY SQUARE INCH OF IT.

Thank me for that.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 3/21/2010, 08:33

Well said, 80-0. I do believe birthers are radical, though. Obama IS an American citizen, whether you like him or not.
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/21/2010, 10:49

Yeah, I'm actually of the opinion that a Media Matters thug produced the fake birth certificate and sent it around the 'net, just to get gullible conservatives abuzz about it.

But then the truthers come to mind, particularly Charlie Sheen. *pukes*
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 3/21/2010, 15:14

Yea, the truthers, birthers, flat-earthers, and the we-didn't-land-on-the-moon'ers... Laughing

I don't see how the Tea Party and Glenn Beck play in though... scratch
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/21/2010, 17:16

It's all in the endings.

Tea Partiers. Wink
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 3/22/2010, 12:40

One thing TEA PARTIERS=FAIL.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/22/2010, 16:42

NO U
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 3/22/2010, 19:19

I would never fully trust a politician and go ahead call me naive all you want.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/23/2010, 09:25

I don't call you naive for no reason; your posts sound naive. If you don't fully trust the politicians, why don't you fully trust the American people? Beck, Levin, Hannity, Limbaugh, they aren't politicians, and they get millions of Americans active. Obama does NOT.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 3/23/2010, 09:49

Before you say anything else by being so close minded you need to open up on both sides. I agree this health care is way to expensive but if we ended our wars we would have the money as war wastes lots of money.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/23/2010, 10:54

Oh my gosh 80-0, all of that you just stated earlier HAS NO PROOF! You guys are far too paranoid, you need to look at BOTH sides, and noit cower in fear because a Black guy is leading the country. You know, I think that's what it all comes down to, racism is a thing that is deep rooted in human nature. Obama is different AKA, he's bad. Rolling Eyes

Now I'm not saying he's good either, but I at least gave him a chance, and weighed his actions. Everyone else just cowers with "what ifs" and you do play on others fears.

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 3/23/2010, 15:16

I gave him a chance, too, but he blew it. Big time.
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/23/2010, 16:22

Name three things I said that have no proof.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 3/23/2010, 18:10

Bring in a source we can look at.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/23/2010, 23:49

I guess it's not specific points so much as the general attitude. Rather then try and partiicpate in helping, people are just saying stupid things, doing stupider actions, and just adding to the problem, rather then trying to find a solution.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/24/2010, 04:30

If by people you mean "one person in one state". You forget so easily that we're a nation of 300 million people. The action of one person with the wrong attitude neither represents the actions and/or opinions of an entire grassroots movement nor does it mean they are all insane.

So there, nothing I said "has no proof" as you so swiftly came to the table and said", because you can't disprove it. Razz

@ Crinkle: Every next article by the NY Slimes and the Washington Compost are all the same: pro Democrat, with false statistics, and anti-Republican stuff. When you don't just read one article and get your undies in a bunch because of what one reporter thinks, and you read what the rest of the people writing for that paper think is the truth and believe, you realize that not only are they nuts, but they are also lying, because no sane person could say what they say and seriously mean it.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 3/24/2010, 20:29

I don't read those papers and boy do we have an anger problem with politics.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/25/2010, 18:23

Hahaha very true 80-0. Laughing

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top