Why Turn to Paranoia against a government?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why Turn to Paranoia against a government?

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 3/25/2010, 21:41

This paranoia idea is ridiculous and extremely stupid. The government is there as placed by the people within God's plan. And why does paranoia mostly happen when democrats are in office? There is a little during Republican control but hardly any. The government in office at all times is God's own government but using humans. In Romans 13:1 it says, "Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God." So these stupid paranoia movements are pushed on by people the devil uses to force these false ideas into heads of the population. These people even if Christian are truly in need to turn these ideas away and accept what is for that time.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 1219
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Turn to Paranoia against a government?

Post  0001 on 3/25/2010, 22:07

Largely I agree with you. Most of the time all this paranoia is idiotic and unfounded. But of course the government is made up of people too, so there are times as well where action and such is warranted. But mostly it is just paranoia and speculation that taints people's minds.

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4037
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Turn to Paranoia against a government?

Post  80-0 on 3/26/2010, 07:22

Let me turn that Biblical phrase back on you: does Obama subject him to any governing authorities? Sure since he's president he's the top of the heap, but he should answer to God at least. But does he? No he doesn't. He has no humility.
avatar
80-0

None
Location : Cold and snowy New York, as always.
Posts : 470
None


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Turn to Paranoia against a government?

Post  0001 on 3/26/2010, 12:12

That is a valid argument 80-0.

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4037
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Turn to Paranoia against a government?

Post  Jedi Joe on 3/26/2010, 18:30

There was alot more paranoia during the Bush years.

I don't think I've heard the Tea Partiers ever say anything like "BUSH USED THE TOP SECRET WEATHER CONTROLLING MACHINES TO SEND HURRICANE KATRINA AS AN ACT OF GENOCIDE TORWARDS BLACKS!!!"

While I do agree there is some paranoia in the Tea Party, it's a good movement and doesn't have that much paranoia...
avatar
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
Location : Florida
Posts : 717
None


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Turn to Paranoia against a government?

Post  80-0 on 3/27/2010, 12:19

The fact that this clown became a US Senator makes me paranoid about my government.

avatar
80-0

None
Location : Cold and snowy New York, as always.
Posts : 470
None


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Turn to Paranoia against a government?

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 3/27/2010, 14:41

He is just on ruling leader why don't you also pick on more presidents. You are so blind you cannot see anything beyond the plank in your eye. So I can understand some stuff from you party but they are being extremely stupid. The only thing they have accomplished is creating a bunch of rumors since they have nothing better to do.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 1219
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Turn to Paranoia against a government?

Post  80-0 on 3/27/2010, 17:12

Your side hasn't given me anything to worry about that's factual or unbiased beyond the oh so cliche'd plank in my eye. Rolling Eyes
avatar
80-0

None
Location : Cold and snowy New York, as always.
Posts : 470
None


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Turn to Paranoia against a government?

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 3/27/2010, 20:38

I don't see any evidence from your side either. But politics blinds everyone including me.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 1219
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Turn to Paranoia against a government?

Post  0001 on 3/27/2010, 23:39

Jedi Joe wrote:There was alot more paranoia during the Bush years.

Very true, except back then it was all the Dems who were all excited.

Jedi Joe wrote:I don't think I've heard the Tea Partiers ever say anything like "BUSH USED THE TOP SECRET WEATHER CONTROLLING MACHINES TO SEND HURRICANE KATRINA AS AN ACT OF GENOCIDE TORWARDS BLACKS!!!"

Hahaha true, where did that originate anyways?

Jedi Joe wrote:While I do agree there is some paranoia in the Tea Party, it's a good movement and doesn't have that much paranoia...

Actually I think the paranoia is mostly the Dems worried ABOUT the Tea Party actually. But I think there is an equal amount or so in the Tea Party ranks also as you say.

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4037
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Turn to Paranoia against a government?

Post  0001 on 3/28/2010, 22:36

Claiming Obama to be a devoute Christian is a bit of a stretch, because he's NOT. Just becauase he goes to church occasionally, and makes a reference or two to a "higher power" does not make him Christian. Faith is what makes someone a Christian, you have to realize that a lot of what he does, is just to appeal to other people.

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4037
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Turn to Paranoia against a government?

Post  Jedi Joe on 3/29/2010, 07:40

I don't know how Obama can be a Christian, yet support abortion... scratch


Last edited by Jedi Joe on 3/29/2010, 14:43; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
Location : Florida
Posts : 717
None


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Turn to Paranoia against a government?

Post  80-0 on 3/29/2010, 12:28



I'M NOT SAYING ANYTHING, I'M JUST PUTTING IT OUT THERE FOR REFERENCE.
avatar
80-0

None
Location : Cold and snowy New York, as always.
Posts : 470
None


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Turn to Paranoia against a government?

Post  0001 on 3/29/2010, 14:55

Jedi Joe wrote:I don't know how Obama can be a Christian, yet support abortion... scratch

EXACTLY! Mad He is not a Christian. And 80-0, he's not a Muslim either. tongue He's whatever will make the most people happy, and get him the most votes. lol

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4037
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Turn to Paranoia against a government?

Post  80-0 on 3/29/2010, 17:16

True, very true. Laughing
avatar
80-0

None
Location : Cold and snowy New York, as always.
Posts : 470
None


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Turn to Paranoia against a government?

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 3/29/2010, 18:41

Let me say this to you 80-0 you only care about insulting people due to the fact of different thinking. You only chose to do this as it is different and you feel like only your opinion is the answer. And one more thing NEVER JUDGE A PERSON BY THEIR FAITH! All faith has problems at points as it is being tested. So don't say anything you don't know.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 1219
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Turn to Paranoia against a government?

Post  0001 on 3/29/2010, 23:29

The same could technically be said of you as well.... Wink Actually you SHOULD judge people by their faith, becuase faith is the only thing that really matters.

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4037
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Turn to Paranoia against a government?

Post  80-0 on 3/30/2010, 06:31

Cpt. Crinkle wrote:Let me say this to you 80-0 you only care about insulting people due to the fact of different thinking. You only chose to do this as it is different and you feel like only your opinion is the answer. And one more thing NEVER JUDGE A PERSON BY THEIR FAITH! All faith has problems at points as it is being tested. So don't say anything you don't know.

@ bold: You're saying that as if it's a problem. Look, the political spectrum is just as serious as the religious spectrum. They are similar in some ways as certain issues overlap each side (like a Venn diagram!), but really: if I don't call out people for what they have SAID out in the public square, how are we to get anywhere as a nation? We need transparency in government and we get none. I call the government out on that. Am I wrong because I believe in transparency and he doesn't? Is that my mistake?

By the way, I don't insult such people for the simple reason of difference of opinion: I do it to politicians to humiliate them for being so dishonest and disgraceful. I doubt they'll ever read my words though... Laughing

@ italics: Ok, so when I see someone like Joe Biden who calls himself a Catholic go in front of America and say he supports abortion when the Catholic Church does not, I am not to judge him? Because we all know your faith should have NO part in determining how you act... NOT. Razz

@ underlined: I try not to. Wink
avatar
80-0

None
Location : Cold and snowy New York, as always.
Posts : 470
None


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Turn to Paranoia against a government?

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 3/30/2010, 12:55

...no.
BUddhists are not inherently bad people because they are Buddhist. Christians, in fact, comprise the vast majority of people I would label "bad people". You have to judge people on how they act. Their faith is between them and God, and is absolutely none of our business.
avatar
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 456
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Turn to Paranoia against a government?

Post  0001 on 3/30/2010, 14:59

@80-0: True true indeed, transparancy is a commodity we need more of.

@Egg: Hmm, that's true, it is behavior that really matters, because if someone does have a strong faith, they will act accordingly won't they...

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4037
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Turn to Paranoia against a government?

Post  80-0 on 3/30/2010, 15:08

Sgt Angry Egg wrote:...no.
BUddhists are not inherently bad people because they are Buddhist. Christians, in fact, comprise the vast majority of people I would label "bad people". You have to judge people on how they act. Their faith is between them and God, and is absolutely none of our business.

A fair judgment I can make about buddhists, though, is that their religious identity is incorrect. Judgments about their actions, however, as you say, I would be less quick to make. Smile
avatar
80-0

None
Location : Cold and snowy New York, as always.
Posts : 470
None


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Turn to Paranoia against a government?

Post  0001 on 3/30/2010, 15:10

True, we can say that although their religious views may be mistaken, they themselves as people is a different matter.

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4037
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum