Socialized Healthcare

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Socialized Healthcare

Post  Jedi Joe on 8/19/2009, 13:32

I'm not one for politics but this really is an issue that ticks me off.

I really don't know why President Barack Obama is planning to do something like this. It clearly doesn't work for Canada and Britan, as people come here all the time from both those areas to use our healthcare that actually is quality stuff.

Socialized Healthcare is not the smart way to go, it leads you to lousy doctors, huge waiting lists, preference to other patients, and many other things. Plus, it takes money from the people who actually pay their taxes.

What is your opinion on this?
avatar
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
Location : Florida
Posts : 717
None


Back to top Go down

Re: Socialized Healthcare

Post  0001 on 8/25/2009, 11:35

Okay, well I'm not one for politics either, but I too have an opinion. I think it can work if it's done correctly, which seing our current political situation, I highly doubt it. The reasons you listed against it are true statements, but only for the U.S. The European and Canadian systems do work quite well, but everything has its flaws. I think if it were to be done it should be modeled off of Canada's. However knowing Washington I know they are going to mess everything up like they always do. So in it's present state, I am against it. But I'll keep and open mind if something that has a lot of promise comes along in the future. Wink

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4036
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: Socialized Healthcare

Post  Jedi Joe on 8/30/2009, 08:18

If it works, then why do we have people coming here from those countries because they are put on long waiting lists?
avatar
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
Location : Florida
Posts : 717
None


Back to top Go down

Re: Socialized Healthcare

Post  0001 on 8/31/2009, 13:26

Wel yes, it does have some bumps. But as far as government healthcare works, it's the best in my opinion. Except for the Swiss maybe. The problem with Healthcare is, there really is no fix all solution. Neutral

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4036
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: Socialized Healthcare

Post  Jedi Joe on 9/1/2009, 13:31

And another thing, they use taxpayers' money to fund this stuff. I don't think that's right. I think the healthcare system is fine the way it is. You pay money to get good doctors.
avatar
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
Location : Florida
Posts : 717
None


Back to top Go down

Re: Socialized Healthcare

Post  0001 on 9/2/2009, 11:50

Jedi Joe wrote:And another thing, they use taxpayers' money to fund this stuff. I don't think that's right. I think the healthcare system is fine the way it is. You pay money to get good doctors.

Yes there is a lot of merit to that statement. I think that healthcare providers should charge less though. They should be more concerned about people's health and well being then making money. But like most other greed-driven endevours, I doubt they will ever lower rates on a large scale. Rolling Eyes

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4036
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: Socialized Healthcare

Post  Jedi Joe on 9/2/2009, 16:21

Yea, but it's not really their fault. The whole economy is in a tough phase right now, and everything within it gets affected. That is how capitalism works, and it's also why we shouldn't be funding all these companies. Funding healthcare will only be making the economy worse.
avatar
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
Location : Florida
Posts : 717
None


Back to top Go down

Re: Socialized Healthcare

Post  0001 on 9/2/2009, 22:20

Yeah, everything is inter-connected and therefore has an effect on the prices of other things seemingly unrelated. That's the downside to capitolism, however it's much better then the alternative in my opinion. Wink

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4036
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: Socialized Healthcare

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 9/30/2009, 23:36

True, I do believe that the socialized healthcare system will not work in our Society. You pay money for the doctors you want. THERE IS NO REASON FOR THERE TO BE PEOPLE ON THE STREETS. Everyone can make a living for themselves doing something. If you cant finish Highschool, then thats YOUR fault. It's not my responsibility as a tax payer (even though I'm not yet) to pick up where people can't make ends meet. It is not that hard to at least get out of High School and into the real world.
avatar
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 963
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: Socialized Healthcare

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 10/2/2009, 04:33

Not all people on the streets are high school drop outs. Most of them are actually insane. Maybe they fought in Viet Nam or some other war, but the fact is they're mentally unfit to make a living doing something.

I'm not going to pretend to know what I'm talking about when it comes to Obama's healthcare plan. Somebody want to explain it to me in short?
avatar
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 456
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: Socialized Healthcare

Post  0001 on 10/3/2009, 17:29

Sgt Angry Egg wrote:
I'm not going to pretend to know what I'm talking about when it comes to Obama's healthcare plan. Somebody want to explain it to me in short?

I don't know the actuallity of it either. Just that it's making a lot of people REALLY mad for some reason. Shocked

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4036
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: Socialized Healthcare

Post  Jedi Joe on 10/3/2009, 22:30

What Obama wants to do is to take taxpayers money to pay for healthcare bills. This is really not a good idea, since it's been proven in the past, and even the most recent past, that the government should not try to make itself big. They can't even run a kriffin' Cash for Clunkers program! How do you expect them to run healthcare?

Please, Mr. President, stick to capitalism. It works, and does so much better than your plans for change.
avatar
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
Location : Florida
Posts : 717
None


Back to top Go down

Re: Socialized Healthcare

Post  0001 on 10/3/2009, 22:44

It's really all about economics, and greed. The problem with it is, you can't really change one part, without overhauling the entire system, because of it's inter-conectedness. This applies not only to healthcare, but to the broader scope of business in general.

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4036
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: Socialized Healthcare

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 10/4/2009, 19:48

Actually, that sounds like a good idea at first. You know, help disabled people get their meds easier. But we already have a system to help people who are too poor to get their meds. Why does our healthcare system need to be changed?
avatar
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 456
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: Socialized Healthcare

Post  0001 on 10/5/2009, 19:49

Sgt Angry Egg wrote: Why does our healthcare system need to be changed?

I'm not sure exactly. I've heard it has it's flaws, but I'm not real knowledgable about how it works.

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4036
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: Socialized Healthcare

Post  Jedi Joe on 10/6/2009, 17:05

astoriabluelegos wrote:
Sgt Angry Egg wrote: Why does our healthcare system need to be changed?

I'm not sure exactly. I've heard it has it's flaws, but I'm not real knowledgable about how it works.

Socialized healthcare has its flaws too. Look at Europe and Canada.
avatar
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
Location : Florida
Posts : 717
None


Back to top Go down

Re: Socialized Healthcare

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/6/2009, 23:26

Yea... everything is going to have it's flaws. Our government needs to adopt a system that works for MOST of the people in our society.
avatar
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 963
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: Socialized Healthcare

Post  Jedi Joe on 10/7/2009, 07:55

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:Yea... everything is going to have it's flaws. Our government needs to adopt a system that works for MOST of the people in our society.

Which is pretty much what we have now. Granted, it needs a couple changes, but not a huge colon cleansing like the government wants to give it...
avatar
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
Location : Florida
Posts : 717
None


Back to top Go down

I say we set insurance limits

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 10/8/2009, 22:18

We should set a maximum amount that an insurance company can charge. I am not trying to be racist but people who come illegally could easily mooch off a national healthcare system.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 1219
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Re: Socialized Healthcare

Post  0001 on 10/8/2009, 22:33

Cpt. Crinkle wrote:We should set a maximum amount that an insurance company can charge. I am not trying to be racist but people who come illegally could easily mooch off a national healthcare system.

Now there's a thought I never realized. Because that DOES happen.

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4036
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: Socialized Healthcare

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/8/2009, 22:49

True that
avatar
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 963
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

The system should...

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 10/11/2009, 20:38

This system should allow us to hold the costs of healthcare down and aid those who need the care and can't quite afford it. We should also only issue the healthcare to citizens of America. The reason this system is being redone is the insurance companies are charging to much for too little coverage. What needs to happen is we have set amounts that the insurance has to cover but this insurance has to be at a lower cost to all.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 1219
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Re: Socialized Healthcare

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/12/2009, 01:04

How about both? Like a socialistic.... Wait sorry. Have to be politically correct.... NATIONAL healthcare for people who can't afford an agency, but the option of buying your insurance if you would like more control.
avatar
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 963
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Socialism is great

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 10/14/2009, 07:34

Socialism is a great system it acually works for Europe example the Netherlands. Socialism is not evil but our constitution would declare it illegal.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 1219
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Re: Socialized Healthcare

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/15/2009, 13:52

Oh yea... Works great for them... However, WE ARE NOT EUROPE. It makes no sense to compare to countries. Europe is a place where the people have been put under a governmets spell. In Europe, you can get into serious troble for bad-mouthing their government. The government controls everything there, which is fine if the people want it that way.

However, that is exactly what our people DONT want. We are to diverse of a country to have things like that work. There are too many people with to many ideas and hopes and dreams for something like that to work.

'power to the people' is a wayy overused statement, but it's a true idea of the people here in America. While it may seem like an idea, it's much too complicated to change our government unless Obama just goes straight to comunism and changes it fro us.
avatar
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 963
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: Socialized Healthcare

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum