Politics not of our country

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Politics not of our country

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 3/29/2010, 18:48

Why do many radical Muslims declare Jihad all the time? God wouldn't want war. And even a Christian radical group claimed they were preparing for the end of the world yet they ended up trying to start a revolution. I don't see why some many people are seeking violence recently.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Re: Politics not of our country

Post  0001 on 3/29/2010, 23:25

Yeah I've been reading about that as well.... It really is saddening, especially since the texts of both religions stress anti-violence. I guess it's because people are evil at heart, and can so easily mistake the will of God, for personal ambition.

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/30/2010, 06:41

Err, because it’s in the Koran? I read a blog sometime last year (“Reverend Know-It-All”) by a priest, and he was saying that the Koran does indeed tell Muslims who study it to go out and eliminate the infidels. Going by what the Koran says, he wrote, the good Muslims are the ones that go out and kill the infidels in the name of Allah. The bad Muslims, however, are the ones that do simple everyday things, stay at home, go to work, pay taxes, raise a family, etc. So go figure why so many Muslims are doing that… because religion is on the ascendency! It goes for many many Christians, and unforch that also means many Muslims who are reading the Koran and actually thinking “Well hey, this is my religion, so let me do what it says will get me into heaven!” And BOOM.

Yes, it’s horrible, but it’s about the best excuse there is for this ascendency you have noticed. It’s not about “Why would people want violence?” The people don’t want violence, they want eternal salvation, and so many of them are, through the awful delusion of the Koran and the Muslim religion as taught in the Koran (got nothing against good normal Muslims here, ok? Wink ), sending themselves to eternal damnation through suicide, which is always a mortal sin at the moment of its taking place.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 3/30/2010, 12:43

80-0, I have a copy of the Koran, and I haven't found anything so far that says to 'kill the infidels'. If you can find out where exactly in the Koran it says that, I would be very grateful.

And Crinkle, people have been killing in the name of religion for as long as religion has been around. Heck, people have been killing for as long as people have been around. People are just stupid and greedy.
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/30/2010, 15:03

^Amen Egg, very true.

@80-0: I too have read the Koran, and can attest that in the original version that there is nothing in it like that, even explicitly mentions tolerance towards Christians (we worship the same God after all). But I think what has happened is that these extremists have 'translated' their own versions, with emphasis on the points THEY want to make. Mad

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/30/2010, 15:06

astoriabluelegos wrote:^Amen Egg, very true.

@80-0: I too have read the Koran, and can attest that in the original version that there is nothing in it like that, even explicitly mentions tolerance towards Christians (we worship the same God after all). But I think what has happened is that these extremists have 'translated' their own versions, with emphasis on the points THEY want to make. Mad

@ egg & ABL: Yes, it's probably the "New Koran" that is sold in the Middle East and whatnot... a radicalized version of the one used by the Muslims in the U.S. and most other democracies.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/30/2010, 15:11

Yep, and it's quite unfortunate that so many fall for it's trickery without question. I mean, you gotta know something is wrong when a religion promotes using children as weapons...

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/30/2010, 16:11

And the fact that good ol' political correctness is forcing the rules of engagement in the middle east to exclude shooting ANYONE seen without a gun. I'm not for mass genocide of the middle eastern countries now, but this is outrageous. All a terrorist has to do is drop his gun and run out, safe and sound. Rolling Eyes
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/30/2010, 16:28

Yeah, although there are some technicalities to that because of what you just said, I think now that if someone approaches a soldier, and keeps coming even after they are repeatedly told not to, they can defend themselves.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/30/2010, 16:31

Interesting, I have to look that up.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/30/2010, 16:34

I saw a Frontline report about PTSD, and they specifically talked about that, because the decision to kill or not, when that person is in question, is a tough moral weight, and it drives guys nuts sometimes.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/30/2010, 16:38

I remember the last time I saw something about it was a report from some soldiers who were getting fired upon from a building. They couldn't see the targets who were inside the building but were ordered not to fire into the building because there could've been innocents in there. Then, after the shooting stopped, several unarmed men and women ran out and again the troops were ordered not to fire. How outrageous is that! If civilians who aren't using weapons are intentionally using their "innocence" as a shield for extremists to hide behind, that is no reason not to fire on them... again I hate to sound so cryptic but these people are either for liberty and thus with us, or for extremism and thus against us. Neutral
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/30/2010, 16:43

I think that sometimes though, it's not so clean cut as that....you Sith. tongue Unfortunatly the civilians often ARE against us, but because we must strive for the moral high ground, it's tough. But if we sink so low as to just kill everyone in defense of our beliefs, what seperates us from them? Wink

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/30/2010, 16:49

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

ABL: GH-K-HHH-K-K...

Razz

I kid! The problem is, if we let the terrorists use these guerrila tactics against us to gain an ADVANTAGE over us, we'll never win this war. Showing the terrorists that their tactics are working will only embolden them to continue using said tactics until our forces are worn down. Then once we leave the Middle East, entire countries will succumb to radical Islamic extremism. We all know how when people subscribe to Islam, they are threatened with death if they try to leave. Well, that will only help the radicals from getting a foothold in the Middle East once we're gone.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/30/2010, 16:51

I think you have stumbled upon the big conundrum that everyone is currently trying to figure out. Laughing

And that was awesome btw, SW nerds FTW! cheers

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/30/2010, 16:59

"conundrum" is such an awesome word. Razz

And it is quite the conundrum... if the radicals get a nation under their belt, there's no limit to the amount of mayhem they'd be able to cause. We know the nutty little dictator in Iran has some level of nuclear power... what's to stop him from selling it to a radical regime? Only the United States, but no, gotta keep political correctness in the war zone! But the real question is, what is the spiritual toll that this will take on the world? How many souls will be lost to the devil's corrupting of Islam?

Yes, I'm Mr. Awesome! Razz
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/30/2010, 17:04

Haha indeed. Razz

I don't know, that's a rough question. It's funny though, you can trace the roots of Islam all the way back in the Bible, to the tribes around Palestine and such, they havn'e changed much since then unfortunatly. They forsaked God then, and still are now.

I think another big issue is this, every tactician knows that guerilla warfare cannot be fought by traditional tactics and armies. Look anywhere through history, especially the American Revolution, Viatnam, etc... To guerrilla warfare, takes very unconventional means and tactics.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/30/2010, 17:06

Yup, when you're doing a good ol' fashioned room clearing and you come upon the woman and child both clutching an AK-47...

Shoot first and ask questions later. Idea
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/30/2010, 17:11

That's not entirely what I had in mind... Laughing

Another thing is, the Taliban know how to appeal to the people, either through fear, or even more often, a quasi workin local government. A lot of the people seem to like the strict muslim atmosphere, because that is what they grew up with, and appear to be unwilling to change. So with the civilians on their side, or at the very leats not opposing them, they're bascially outflanking us in a way.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/30/2010, 17:17

astoriabluelegos wrote:That's not entirely what I had in mind... Laughing

Another thing is, the Taliban know how to appeal to the people, either through fear, or even more often, a quasi workin local government. A lot of the people seem to like the strict muslim atmosphere, because that is what they grew up with, and appear to be unwilling to change. So with the civilians on their side, or at the very leats not opposing them, they're bascially outflanking us in a way.

Ahh, hold your fire and get your body riddle with automatic fire? Ohhhhhk. affraid

But yes, I have to say that more civilians are thinking that the U.S. army is going there to oppress them, and, as with all revolutions (Che, Castro, Mao, and the rest come to mind), they promise freedom from governmental oppression when in truth they are trying to get that governmental power and use it to oppress the same people who once supported them.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/30/2010, 17:22

Exactly! To people who don't know any better, it's an amazingly effective tactic unfortunatly. And what's worse, is it's working. I'm not one of the "Pull out now people" but I do think something needs to be done, or (a) we'll be there forever with countless American lives lost. or (b)When we do pull out, the Taliban rush right back in, and undo everything we did.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top