Ghosts...Who Believes? Who Doesn't?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ghosts...Who Believes? Who Doesn't?

Post  Ria_Dae on 3/29/2010, 22:31

Do you believe in the paranormal and the possibility that ghosts are out there? Why? Why not? Have you ever had a paranormal experience?
Ria_Dae

G1 Standard
Sector 2

Civilian Ops

Back to top Go down

Re: Ghosts...Who Believes? Who Doesn't?

Post  0001 on 3/29/2010, 23:14

The devil has free reign here in this world, and is capable of all sorts of mysterious things and trickery. However do I believe in ghosts as they are normally portrayed as tortured souls and whatnot? No, I positively do not, I am a man of science, and ghosts and other 'paranormal' things all have a logical explanaition.

Last edited by astoriabluelegos on 3/30/2010, 15:04; edited 1 time in total

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/30/2010, 06:17

ABL's absolutely right. The devil has a PHYSICAL capacity of power over the world, but for sure he exercises it in strange ways.

Anything paranormal is either God moving something for his own purposes or the devil moving something for HIS own purposes, that is, to drive souls away from God. That's the only reason the devil uses his power, of course, because his sole aim is to get more souls down there, and less souls up yonder.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 3/30/2010, 08:55

You guys are both right... ghost are basically angels and demons... and what about UFOs? Adam and I have looked into them and it seems that "Ghos" are UFOs

How many of you have seen the trailer for "Te Fourth Kind"?
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/30/2010, 15:08

Because the universe is infinitly vast in size, I believe that there is possibility that God did not make us alone in it. And there is reasonable capability for there to be others out there. However that being said, the odds of us actually interacting with them are too small to give much weight to the UFO conspiracys. UFOs in reality are actually prototype military aircraft. I once watched a documentary that explained that the whole UFO thing (Roswell in specific) was started by two CIA Agents who were tasked with covering up Air Force test aircraft at Area 51. Because of the nature of test and experimental aircraft, some often crash, because of the security of the matter, the Alien story was created to cover up and protect the secrecy of the test projects. Area 51 specializes in stealth and experimental aircraft. The situation was perfect for the airforce. So in a way, there is a government conmspiracy there, but it has nothing to do with aliens.

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/30/2010, 16:21

astoriabluelegos wrote:Because the universe is infinitly vast in size, I believe that there is possibility that God did not make us alone in it. And there is reasonable capability for there to be others out there. However that being said, the odds of us actually interacting with them are too small to give much weight to the UFO conspiracys. UFOs in reality are actually prototype military aircraft. I once watched a documentary that explained that the whole UFO thing (Roswell in specific) was started by two CIA Agents who were tasked with covering up Air Force test aircraft at Area 51. Because of the nature of test and experimental aircraft, some often crash, because of the security of the matter, the Alien story was created to cover up and protect the secrecy of the test projects. Area 51 specializes in stealth and experimental aircraft. The situation was perfect for the airforce. So in a way, there is a government conmspiracy there, but it has nothing to do with aliens.

^This.

For all we know, there could be invisible heat-resistant creatures living on the sun that we'd never know about for the obvious reason of the sun's incredihotness. Razz
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/30/2010, 16:30

Hahaha yes indeed. Razz

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Ria_Dae on 3/31/2010, 14:07

If you think about it both scientifically and philosophically, we all have souls. Try to think about dying really quick, and thinking that you just see pure darkness and blackness for the rest of eternity after you die, not exactly a good picture. So I believe that souls exist, so if souls exist why can't ghosts exist? I mean everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I'm not saying that to those who don't believe that they are wrong. I'm just saying that what if one person is afraid of God's judgment on whether or not they get into heaven or go to hell. If they are afraid of going to God's kingdom to be judged then they might want to stay on Earth and wander for the rest of eternity instead. You never know. Plus what about murder victims and the whole "unfinished business" thing? I'm just saying that this is a very open subject to many open doors and possibilities.

As for UFOs, I do believe that there are "aliens" on other planets. If you think about it, all the stars are suns and around those suns may be planets able to hold life. Until we create space craft to travel faster than the speed of light we just may never know.
Ria_Dae

G1 Standard
Sector 2

Civilian Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 3/31/2010, 14:26

Watch the trailer for this movie... I would also suggest reading what the movies about... in IMDB or something like that
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/31/2010, 14:46

@ Ria_Dae: That is exactly what I fear most, black space. No feeling, no knowing, no existence. It's just a very compelling thought that I don't even like thinking about, it's so awful. pale

You're right that ghosts CAN exist; the eternal question is DO they exist, but what you say about murder victims and those who would wish to wander the earth for eternity begs the question: Will earth exist for eternity or will it be destroyed on the Last Day? Neutral
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/31/2010, 17:56

Luckily 80-0 you can rest your soul, because we are saved vod. Wink And yeah, both you and Ria bring up good points, as I said before the Devil has many powers, so who knows. Personally though, I'm doubtful. God protects Christians from such things anyways, so it's no big deal to us. Smile

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 3/31/2010, 17:57

BEEN!! watch the trailer right now!!!
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/31/2010, 17:58

I don't know if I want to honestly. Razz Ghost flicks are meh... tongue

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Ria_Dae on 3/31/2010, 17:59

@ 80-0: Yes it is a very awful thought. You do make a good point though to ask "whether or not the earth will be around for eternity?" I would have to say that no the earth will not be surviving for eternity, but after the earth is "destroyed" what will become of our souls? Will we just wander the universe searching for another planet to "survey"? Will we not even look for another planet? Will we just wander aimlessly?

You see every millisecond the sun is getting hotter and hotter. Soon the sun, which is just a big star, will implode on itself and die. The planets then will, who knows, turn into giant ice cubes. So the question is after the earth is destroyed, where will we go?
Ria_Dae

G1 Standard
Sector 2

Civilian Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 3/31/2010, 18:00

astoriabluelegos wrote:I don't know if I want to honestly. Razz Ghost flicks are meh... tongue

DO IT NOW!!!! Mad lol and BTW I love watching Ghost hunters!!!!
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/31/2010, 18:03

The question has a simple answer, the explaination is in Revelation. The Earth will be destroyed in the battle of Armageddon, God will save the remaining Christians after 2/3rds of the worlds population is wiped out. After that, the universe as we know it will be destroyed, and all souls will be judged, and the Devil will finally be vanquished. I'm not sure if the souls will be damned forever, or redeemed, but the fact is souls don't just "wander" they go to Heaven or Hell, there is no "limbo". Wink

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Ria_Dae on 3/31/2010, 18:05

Choppedliver wrote:
astoriabluelegos wrote:I don't know if I want to honestly. Razz Ghost flicks are meh... tongue

I will have to admit Ghost Hunters and Paranormal Activity both are awesome shows. Love them both.
Ria_Dae

G1 Standard
Sector 2

Civilian Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 3/31/2010, 18:05

BEN... you are ignoring me!!!! watch it now!!! it is extremely interesting!!!
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/31/2010, 18:06

Ria_Dae wrote:@ 80-0: Yes it is a very awful thought. You do make a good point though to ask "whether or not the earth will be around for eternity?" I would have to say that no the earth will not be surviving for eternity, but after the earth is "destroyed" what will become of our souls? Will we just wander the universe searching for another planet to "survey"? Will we not even look for another planet? Will we just wander aimlessly?

You see every millisecond the sun is getting hotter and hotter. Soon the sun, which is just a big star, will implode on itself and die. The planets then will, who knows, turn into giant ice cubes. So the question is after the earth is destroyed, where will we go?

'after the earth is "destroyed" what will become of our souls?'

Uh...

Hopefully we'll go to Heaven. Razz

Well, I think on the Last Day (whenever that might be) Jesus will, as Scripture says, come in all his glory to judge the living and the dead. So essentially the world could end right now and Jesus would reveal himself to us, and judge both those of us that live and those of us that have died before us.

Now to what you said about the sun, certainly. Jesus could reveal himself on the day the sun imploded if it was his will, or he might wait until something else happens, or he might do it whenever regardless of what happens. I think it doesn't so much depend on what happens to this world, but that it depends on God and His plan for us which we will never fully understand until we attain Heaven.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 3/31/2010, 18:06

Ria_Dae wrote:
Choppedliver wrote:

I will have to admit Ghost Hunters and Paranormal Activity both are awesome shows. Love them both.

Ditto...
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/31/2010, 18:10

Ghost Hunters makes me wonder: where do people get those night vision and heat vision settings for their cameras? Or are they wearing actual goggles with night/heat vision settings?

Maybe it's just a weakness of mine but I've never really liked darkness, that is, total darkness. I don't mind darkness if my pupils dilate and I can see vague outlines of the things around me, or when there are other people around me, but I don't like total darkness. It's like I said in the other topic about the great void... that empty lonely feeling like there's nothing to come in contact with... until it hits you in the face and you scream. Razz That's why I want a pair of night vision goggles: then I'd never worry about that again. Razz
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/31/2010, 18:11

Exactly 80-0. Very Happy As to the ghost hunter shows etc... I find them much to corny, from a scientific standpoint, if I had equipment that detected electro magnetic fields etc... I could find "ghosts" anywhere I wanted. A lot of what is called "ghosts" can actually be explained by odd natural phenomena.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Ria_Dae on 3/31/2010, 18:13

@ ABL and 80-0: Yes you both are right. The end of the earth and universe will come, when I don't know. All I am saying is who knows about this stuff? Who knows? I like the idea that the "spirits" are angels and I don't like the idea that the other "spirits" are demons. You guys make good arguments about spirits and ghosts. I just don't know, all I know is that I have to have faith...which I do have in God he is my god, and Jesus is my lord.

As for myself I have just have had some weird experiences which I couldn't explain. I don't know if it was one or the other. It is just weird.
Ria_Dae

G1 Standard
Sector 2

Civilian Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/31/2010, 18:16

Well, the thing about angels and demons is that we know there is good and evil in the world, and we know that God did not create demons outright, they created themselves. the Demons under Lucifer rejected God and chose evil, and God, having given everyone free will, decided to send them into his world to challenge the faith of his beloved creation, us.

So it all comes down to free will. We can be an angel or a demon on this earth depending on the way we behave. It's the gift of a free will that allows us to make such choices.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Ria_Dae on 3/31/2010, 18:21

True it is all about free will, making the right or good choices in life. Then when you think about it when you choose what might be right for you may not be right for some one else. It all comes down to what you do with your free will and how you use it for all creation Smile

@ 80-0: You are right demons weren't created by God. You are absolutely right about that. Lucifer and his demons defied God.
Ria_Dae

G1 Standard
Sector 2

Civilian Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top