The Hatuur

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Hatuur

Post  0001 on 4/2/2010, 09:15

I'm not sure if any of the rest of you guys have been following this or not, but I have. Bascially it was this radical "Christian" militia group who planned on luring a police officer to their base, killing him, and then bombing their funeral killing more people, all in an attempt to wage war against the U.S. and the "anti-christ" Obama. It's things like this that worry me about the Tea Party and similer movments, these people are NOT Christian, just like the Taliban they stand for their religious ideals, yet the ideals they stand for are ones they made up, or skewed to meet thier needs. Extremism seems to be more and more on the rise, with idiotic radicals such as this leading the way...

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: The Hatuur

Post  80-0 on 4/2/2010, 16:36

Ugh...

I've said it before, I'll say it again. People like this are doing the conservative movement NO good by behaving this way, and I reject any and all such radicalism on both sides of the aisle. It has no place in politics or in this great nation of ours. Mad
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 4/2/2010, 17:30

Agreed, these rotten grapes are ruining the bunch. People need to stop focusing on the minority.
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/2/2010, 17:32

Boy you dop not know how much I agree with you. I'm surprised how prevalent it's becoming. There are stats that show that when the economy is down, people like this blame the government and that's why these things happen, so hopefully when the economy recovers, this problem will go away. But what really floors me is the fact all these people call themselves Christian and yet so blatantly ignore the teachings.

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 4/3/2010, 09:27

Well these radicals do things during the time of the tea party movement so they are attributed by the movement. I still don't think very highly of the tea party movement.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/3/2010, 23:27

Actually these guys weren't affiliated with the Tea Party, but they are an example of what it could become.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 4/4/2010, 06:13

astoriabluelegos wrote:Actually these guys weren't affiliated with the Tea Party, but they are an example of what it could become.

Exactly right, I knew they didn't have anything to with them. But remember, we are a largely Judeo-Christian nation, and most Tea Partiers fall under that category. The Tea Parties are simply a way to let people know that their voices are being heard by at least some of the politicians out there.

Though I do feel sorry for these militia people who think that it is their right to do such outrageous things simply because they live here, or because they are Christian. It's a very destructive concept. Sad
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 4/4/2010, 08:15

It's like those guys protesting at Heath Ledgers funeral, saying "Go to Hell, Heath!" and "God hates fags!" all because he played a gay cowboy in Brokeback Mountain.

There ARE radical Christians, but I don't believe the Tea Party would be like this.

Like 80-0 said, all they're doing is making their voices heard in a non-violent manner. And I will continue to support them 100% of the way.
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 4/4/2010, 11:56

Wow I never knew that happened at Ledger's funeral.

Yes, radical Christians indeed. Just watch these videos:

^Those are wrong on SO many levels. I know, it's not exactly radicalism but when people say "Ohh we got rid of those old principles with Vatican 2" and "Our beliefs need to change with the times", you end up with events like the above, and it really disturbs me.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/4/2010, 12:00

Exactly, you guys are very correct. These people are just messed up. Mad

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 4/4/2010, 18:29

What really bugs me is that the people in those videos are Catholics, too, and they think that through Vatican councils, we can change the traditions that we have held true to from Biblical times up to today. confused
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/4/2010, 18:38

Okaay? Yeah people like that are very odd, they so misinterpret the meanings and teachings of the faith, and they twist it to their own hedonistic ends. Mad

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 4/4/2010, 18:38

So we need another vatican council called Vatican 3?

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 4/5/2010, 06:57

No, Vatican 2 was not a bad council. Just the things that were done were largely misinterpreted, and people thought that they could change things the way they wanted to change them. I just think going back to the basics would be helpful... all this progression and modernization can only end badly if it isn't based on the way we used to successfully do things.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/5/2010, 12:21

Yeah, right now the Catholic structure has got some problems, I think it needs some serious overall. Like the Jedi, they've gotten too mixed up in politics, and strayed from their true purpose. All this nonsense about gay bishops and what not. The problems need to be addressed, as the system is beginning to unravel. Neutral

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 4/5/2010, 16:30

^Agreed!
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/5/2010, 17:54

Now we just gotta talk to the Pope about it. Laughing

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 4/5/2010, 21:38

No, the Vatican 3 council since Vatican 2 council already passed.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 5/1/2011, 05:51

I think the problem is inherent in any organization consisting of imperfect human beings. Be it the catholic church or a radical religious movement, or even a simple, small town church, there are going to be flaws. I vividly remember sunday school one day, when we were learning about acceptance and such. One guy had a problem with not "beating the crap" out of members of other religions because "they're wrong religions". Something tells me he never actually realized what it means to try to be like Jesus...nor do the crazy radicals.
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 5/1/2011, 16:09

That is true, and I agree. We are so used to human ways of solving problems which usually revolves around using force and such. We need to tolerate those with other beliefs while also trying to show why our way is correct. We don't have to agree with them, but we should tolerate them.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum