Thoughts on Easter

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thoughts on Easter

Post  0001 on 4/4/2010, 13:43

Easter is here again, the Easter Bunny has made his rounds, and throngs of jubilant children are scouring for brightly covered eggs and chocolate treats. Everyone has big plans for family gatherings and delicious meals, after everyone gets back from church. This is all fine and dandy, but lets not forget how much Easter TRULY means, especially to us believers.

The true meaning of Easter is that Jesus, the son of God, died and created a new covenant in his blood for us. He made our lives so much easier, becuase now to get into Heaven, we just have to have a relationship with God, and we arn't bound to all these practices and customs any longer. But Jesus died so that we could live, he gave us eternal life.

The events leading up to Jesus being crucified is so filled with symbolism. First of all he came into town on a donkey, which back then meant he was coming in peace. If a king rode a stallion, thta means he was coming to defeat, if he rode a donkey, that meant he was coming in peace. He came into town on Lamb Selection day, the day before the pass over celebration. According to Jewish beliefs the lamb was to be slaughtered at exactly 3 o'clock to remember God's promise of salvation. Jesus died at exactly 3 o'clock on Passover. HE was the perfect lamb, slaughtered and sacrificed FOR us.

At that moment he saved each and every one of us, for the price of only believing. Can you imagine that? The only cost of getting into heaven, is to ask God if you can go, and ask for forgiveness? That's what really sets Christianity apart from ALL other religions. Christianity is so "backwards" so to speak, since it valuees humbleness and is full of servitude and meaning. The most humble servant is more valuable then the greatest of kings. Look at Jesus, he was a carpenter, and his parents were poor villagers. And yet he was the greatest king EVER.

When Jesus was resurrected on the third day, that was symbolic of how all Christians will be saved from death. He payed the dues for our mess ups. We basically got a free ticket to heaven. So today as the Easter holiday plays out, we must consider the true meaning of the holiday, and what it means to us.

WE are the living descendants of what happened on that day, that monumentous day. We are the current barrers of that weight, the candles that light up the night. I don't care if your Baptist, Catholic, Leutheran, 7th Day Adventist, or just plain Christian, it doesn't matter! We must be the living examples of what God did on that day. We must reach out into this world and share the news of Jesus. God is relying on us to not let the power of what happened go unoticed, we are the children of God, and the fate of humanity rests in our hands. We must live for God, and struve to glorify him with every breath we make, this but a small payment for all that he has done for us. Never forget that day, and never forget all that God means for us, and for humanity as a whole.

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on Easter

Post  80-0 on 4/4/2010, 18:28

Easter is SO crucial to our Christian faith that if Jesus' body was found, Christianity would fall apart. But Jesus' body will never be found because it is in Heaven in all its glory with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit.

I've had the privilege to hear the services of Good Friday and Holy Saturday in Latin, as well as the good ol' Tridentine Mass today in Latin. I also went to Stations of the Cross on Good Friday. I think it's just so important to take these holy-days out of the year as a reason to increase our spirituality, not merely to acknowledge its existence. For example, there are those poor people who only come out of their shell once or twice a year for a few holy-days (which are to them holidays) and hear a service... What better way to increase your relationship with God than to worship him in communion with your fellow Christians!

And that's why Easter Sunday and the Holy Triduum are so important to Christians everywhere, myself included.

I absolutely agree with all that you said ABL!

In conclusion, my only regret is that two thirds of the eggs we dyed turned out blotchy. Razz
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 4/4/2010, 18:39

Without Easter, Christmas would be nothing.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/4/2010, 18:40

Yes 80-0, we seem to agree for a change! Razz

@about the eggs: I know right? There's no way to avoid it it seems. Laughing

Last edited by astoriabluelegos on 5/7/2010, 20:04; edited 1 time in total

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 4/4/2010, 21:48

Easter eggs. A barbaric custom.
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 4/5/2010, 06:54

What I don't get is why a bunny hides eggs. As I recall the only mammal to lay eggs is a platypus.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/5/2010, 12:21

Yes, indeed it is. Razz

@ Egg: I know, but don't ruin our happy capitolistic delusion alright? Laughing

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 4/5/2010, 16:24

I honestly dont understand the whole bunny hiding the egg thing either..
I'm always wondering why just on Easter the bunny decides that he is going to lay eggs...
Or is forced to.. Ooh.. Poor bunny.. Sad
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 4/5/2010, 16:31

No mammal should be forced to lay eggs against his will. Shocked
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 4/5/2010, 16:33

I definitely agree with you on that one 80-0. Shocked
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/5/2010, 17:48

Wow, you guys are really weird. tongue

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 4/5/2010, 21:07

I embrace that. Smile
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 4/5/2010, 21:37

Hey 80-0 good thinking.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/6/2010, 00:14

Kombustion wrote:I embrace that. Smile

I'm not sure if I should say "that's awesome", or come up with something sarcastic. Wink Razz

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 4/6/2010, 06:47

Weirdness is like second nature to us!

Though when you think about it, bunnies do have those two big buck teeth, as if to give them a hand with getting out of the egg. Razz
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 4/6/2010, 07:41

Did Jesus have buck teeth?
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 4/6/2010, 08:06

Are you saying a rabbit laid Jesus in an egg?

Dude... that is blasphemous on SO many levels... Laughing
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/6/2010, 14:52

Yes, Jesus hatched out of an egg laid by a bunny. tongue Razz

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 4/6/2010, 19:15

WOAH. Now.. Thats a whole new idea for my mind to totally explode with creativity on! Very Happy
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/6/2010, 19:36

HAHAHAHAHA! K you are awesome. Razz

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 4/7/2010, 06:28

Lol, thanks ABL. Smile
No, but seriously, I'm contemplating on drawing a picture of that.
Do you realize the awesomeness of that picture? Because it just might be epic. Very Happy
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/7/2010, 10:36

Hmmm that's true, alright if you draw it, make sure to post it on here so we all can see it. Laughing

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 4/7/2010, 21:08

Different thinking for sure.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/8/2010, 14:54

Yep, leave it up to US to come up with THAT. Razz

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top