My Mexico Missions Trips.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Mexico Missions Trips.

Post  Bizzle on 4/20/2010, 12:46

Well ABL asked me to post something about my Missions trips to Mexico and I don't know if this is what he had in mind or not but here we go.

First I'll start off with a introduction:

My name is Bishop and I am a sophomore who is currently homeschooled and loving every minute of it. I also play ice hockey and am actively involved in my youth group.

Now about Mexico. This was my second year going to Mexico with PBC and VSPC (Providence Bible church [my church] and Valley Springs Presbyterian Church [my old church]) to build house for the Mexican people. This year we built 4 house's, added a second story onto a church and had a food distribution program. I was apart of house crew #1, which was by far the best house crew out of the four, and we built a house for a single mom and her three kids. Now I'll admit that I didn't like the family at all this year. They were "stand offish" for lack of a better term. The family we had last year was awesome, they helped everyday and we awesome. This year the family just stood around and watched, it was very awkward for me. And the tacos, oh man those tacos are to die for. They are the best freakin tacos I have ever had.

And I will also say that you WILL grow spiritually in Mexico if you go with the desire to grow spiritually. The first year I went I grew so much I was astounded. But this year I didn't grow as much. I grew barely any compared to my first year, but I still grew a little bit which was good. You will also make lasting friendships on a Missions trip. I have made atleast 10 new friends and reconnected with just as many friends on the course of these two missions trips.... And one of those friends I reconnected with I might just happen to have feelings for, but thats a different story.

So in short if you ever have the chance to go on a missions trip to Mexico or anywhere I implore you to take the step and go. You will grow spiritually and you will find stuff out about yourself that you didn't know. You'll make friends and heck you might even start to like someone on the trip.

And I should add that at the moment I am trying to go back to Mexico on a second Missions Trip with VSPC this summer. So if you guys, and girls, wouldn't mind praying for me as I need to raise around $400+ dollars.

-Bishop

If you have any questions feels free to ask them.

Bizzle

G1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Re: My Mexico Missions Trips.

Post  0001 on 4/20/2010, 14:13

That is AWESOME Bishop! Oh man that is exactly what I had envisioned this organization doing at some point. The opportunity to serve God does make one grow spiritually indeed, that is so cool. Do you happen to have any pics? Smile

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 4/20/2010, 16:00

Nice, that sounds fun.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  Bizzle on 4/20/2010, 19:45

Abl- pictures can be added I guess...

Cpt Crinkle- nice? It took me 10 minutes to figure his all out!!!

Bizzle

G1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/20/2010, 23:47

Well then post them you silly di'kut! Razz I think it's awesome, you are actually getting out there and doing God's will! There's nothing more awesome and fantastic then that! Very Happy

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 4/21/2010, 06:26

Good thing you didn't run into any of the drug cartels or human trafficking groups... Razz

That would've made a pretty big problem, and it's about the only reason I'm not about to run with open arms into Mexico, Venezuela, or other such third world countries...

Yes, of course there's some quiet pleasant areas, but the possibility whereof is what would keep my mom or dad from approving any such trip. Laughing

But back to reality: glad you had a good time, and that you're back home safely. Wink
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Bizzle on 4/21/2010, 08:38

Thanks ABL!

Well 80-0 I did get offered a hand grenade and a hand gun for $100 at a mexican flee market.... But you have valid points. The area in which we operate is very very safe, I've never felt like I was in danger.

Bizzle

G1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 4/21/2010, 10:44

A hundred bucks? WHAT A DEAL

Razz JK
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/21/2010, 12:26

YOU TOTALLY SHOULD HAVE TAKEN IT!?!?!? Razz Yes 80-0 that is a valid point, that point actually, is why C.A.A. personnel that go into environments like are required to have mandatory self defense and tactics training, to be prepared for any potential situations. Wink

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 4/21/2010, 15:43

Really, most handguns are in the 4-5-6-etc. hundred dollar range... then again it could've been a creaky old thing that jams, and the grenade could've been a fake.

Yes, it's sorta like the Haiti thing. We'd be going around helping people who have been the victim of such treatment.

C.A.A.: P.M.C.? I don't know about that, but... Laughing
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/22/2010, 00:30

No no no, not a P.M.C. just people who can take care of themselves if need be. Laughing

Bizzle, you should totally post the info about the upcoming Missions trip this summer in case some of these guys might be interested. Wink

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Bizzle on 4/22/2010, 10:46

astoriabluelegos wrote:No no no, not a P.M.C. just people who can take care of themselves if need be. Laughing

Bizzle, you should totally post the info about the upcoming Missions trip this summer in case some of these guys might be interested. Wink

I would but the upcoming trip is already filled up or so SWD says. Sorry guys...

Bizzle

G1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/22/2010, 23:40

WOW, that filled up FAST! Which actually when you think about it, is a really good thing.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Bizzle on 4/23/2010, 09:22

astoriabluelegos wrote:WOW, that filled up FAST! Which actually when you think about it, is a really good thing.

Well its a family trip so if you get say 15 families with around 5 people each it fills up pretty fast.

Bizzle

G1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/26/2010, 12:29

Ah, true true. You got in though didn't you?

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Bizzle on 4/27/2010, 10:54

astoriabluelegos wrote:Ah, true true. You got in though didn't you?

Yea I'm in. I just gotta send out my support letters again..

Bizzle

G1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/27/2010, 16:06

That's awesome, when you go, you should totally make a thread for it here, missions trips are pure awesomness! Smile

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 5/4/2011, 14:16

I went on my first mission trip to Mexico over Spring Break.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top