Hope, and Staying True

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hope, and Staying True

Post  0001 on 5/16/2010, 23:07

Recently I've been feeling a little overwhelmed......okay a lot overwhelmed, with the momentous task that lays on the shoulders of us Christians. I mean just look out into the world, and the stuff that goes on every single day. The incessant war against fanatics that literally would rather see the world burn then see peace. Homo and bisexuals being ordained ministers and priests, even though their very existence defies Christ's teachings. The market collaps and the oil rig disaster all driven by greed and poor judgement, and where accountability has been lost in the effort to reap in even larger reward. And then there's just our society in general, how it's so individualistic and us centered. Obesity rates in the U.S. skyrocket, while people overseas starve to death. We spend billions on sports arenas while schools and law enforcement are scaled back to meet ever tighter budgets. The entire global perspective of us as a race and what our priorities should be are slanted.

As a result of all this fear runs rampant and people make even dumber decisions, or follow charasmatic leaders blindly without questioning their methods or ideology. Racism is not dead, but in fact festors in a different form we now call diversity. Where in the past racism was used to exclude, now it's a means to include. People are hired or elected more and more because having racially diverse people looks better in the books, then what these people actually stand for does. Isn't this still racism but simply in another form? Sin pervades us and our culture at every turn, just turn on any mainstream TV channel and watch it for even just a minute, most likely you'll see some commercial trying to push some product you really don't need. Then there's this whole liberal movement, and the idea that all religions and all people are totally equal. The fact of the matter is all relgions are NOT equal. I always laugh when these liberal types say they are standing for "good" and "right" because how do they define what is good and right? Without God is it not just all perspective? And since they deny God (or simply accept Christianity as just another religion) then how do they define right and wrong? You cannot, thus their statement is ludicrous!

I could go on and on about how messed up things are (I havn't even touched on politics, education, or generation raising yet) but this isn't intended to be a rant about all that is wrong in the world. Often times all this gets to me, and it really weighs me down and distracts me from focusing on the true meaning of life, which is a life in Christ. So really what I'm trying to do here is ask a question, how do we as Christians not let this get to us, how can we wage a battle against such enormous odds and possibly hope to win? I think the answer is in God himself, it says in the Bible that a life in Christ is not going to be an easy one, and I think I've learned that one first hand. But the trade off is we are standing for something bigger, something so much more then what this world could ever hope to be. So from one Christian to another, how do you guys deal with the burdens of this world, and how do you keep it from distracting you from Christ?

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: Hope, and Staying True

Post  0010 on 5/17/2010, 17:50

RIght now my brain just blew up... I'll get back to on this Wink
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 5/18/2010, 14:54

Haha okay James. Smile

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 5/18/2010, 16:15

Lots of stuff to talk about.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 5/19/2010, 17:51

Yeah, this one I hope gets a lot of attention because it's been the biggest problem lately. Just all the stuff that is like constantly falling on my life.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 5/19/2010, 22:31

Could you sum up all your questions? with out rambling? so i can know what exactly you want my opinion on?
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 5/21/2010, 14:21

How can we not let the world get to us, and love our lives more for Christ. Like when all this bad stuff happens, and when we get stressed and worried, what are some coping methods you guys used to not let that get to you, and keep you from being close to God. Wink

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 6/6/2010, 06:51

astoriabluelegos wrote:How can we not let the world get to us, and love our lives more for Christ. Like when all this bad stuff happens, and when we get stressed and worried, what are some coping methods you guys used to not let that get to you, and keep you from being close to God. Wink

Well one thing that has always helped me is the fact that in the end Christ will still be on the throne as always and will rule and judge justly Smile

Revelations 22:3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him.

Philippians 2:9-11 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father

Here are some other verses that have always helped me to stand against Satan's attacks

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

I hope this helped and also maybe get the discussion going Wink
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 6/6/2010, 21:15

Abl there is something I want to tell you. Remeber Pastor Gilbert he preached that Christians should love gays. I agree but I feel I can only tolerate them and attempt to be kind.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 6/6/2010, 23:26

@ James: Thanks James! I love those verses very much, and you're right they do help so so much. I'm going to try and memorize them so that whenever I feel down or bewildered I can recite them to myself in my head.

@ Crinkle: You bring up a good point, we are supposed to love and tolerate others as you say, but that does not mean we have to agree with them. Wink

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 6/14/2010, 19:03

Cpt. Crinkle wrote:Abl there is something I want to tell you. Remeber Pastor Gilbert he preached that Christians should love gays. I agree but I feel I can only tolerate them and attempt to be kind.

I agree with that Pastor. We need to love everyone. Love is a different thing than acceptance. I don't "accept" gays insofar as I don't mind them running around society trying to make themselves more important than people who aren't gay simply because there are more of the latter, nor do I "accept" the concept of homosexuality; in fact I disagree with it. However, a stern, cold rebuke to them wouldn't help your cause, that being hopefully returning them to the faith, or bringing them into the faith, as the case may be.

I'm not for making them outcasts, or treating them like lepers in the Biblical times. They are truly unclean, not necessarily in the body but moreover in the soul, alas, without a doubt, and as such it is our job to return them to the one place where they can be free of this sin.

I say this because I recently read an email that my mom printed out which was from a relative of ours. In it, the relative was pretty mad at my mom for not supporting homosexuality, and for showing that various forms of Christian leaderships have denounced it. They made the typical defense, like "I know some wonderful gay people! Not all of them are bad! Just because they're gay doesn't mean they're any worse than we are. Do you think having blue hair is wrong? Should people be shunned just for having blue hair?" (yes, the blue hair part was mentioned by them Laughing )

Anyways, they even got into some bashing of homsechooling (yes, homeschooling) because it's a known fact that my brother and I are homsechooled around the family, and apparently they were bashing the whole idea of sheltering the kids, not "widening the horizons" (oh how I abhor that phrase, I took one look at the horizons that were available and turned right back around) and what have you, but the bottom line is they don't understand how to disagree to disagree to agree to disagree. Yes, that makes no sense. I mean that I will tolerate their existence, and love them as people, but reject the choice they made in that regard.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 6/15/2010, 23:31

^ 80-0, THAT is why we need you around here, I aplaud that entire statement, and agree completly. Tolerance, but not aggreement, that's the answer. Smile

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 6/16/2010, 10:24

Well I only really tolerate it but I don't support it. Take that Kitty Piercy.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 6/17/2010, 23:49

Hahahaha exactly Crinkle. That's the way to handle the situation.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 6/18/2010, 08:54

Cpt. Crinkle wrote:Well I only really tolerate it but I don't support it. Take that Kitty Piercy.

TAKE THAT PEREZ HILTON.

Go insult Sarah Palin and her family again.

*makes the extremely painful decision to temporarily think about Perez Hilton*

Um... Aren't gay people not supposed to be fat? Who would be attracted to a fat gay person? scratch

Let's move on, shall we? Laughing
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 6/22/2010, 22:56

Hahaha yes, I think that would be best 80-0. Razz

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top