Atheism

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Atheism

Post  Jedi Joe on 2/27/2011, 18:49

80-0, agnostics are much more open to the concept of a creator than atheists are. They don't necessarily believe in God, but do not openly refute His existence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnosticism
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 3/5/2011, 19:44

Either way the people are seperate from God and Heaven is really a hidden kingdom for them.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/7/2011, 22:06

That is true. Agnostics can often times be converted, I knew a few that have.

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 5/1/2011, 05:05

If you think about it, any reasonable person is technically an agnostic to some degree. Gods existence is not provable using pure logic. Since it is impossible to prove God's existence or nonexistence, agnosticism is the logical stance. The difference between faiths is that Christians say "While it's not logically provable, I still fell that there's probably a God" and Hindus say "While it's not logically provable, I still feel that there's probably a million gods" and atheists say "While it's not logically provable, I still feel that there's probably not a god at all."
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 5/1/2011, 16:20

Actually you can prove scientifically that God does exist, but you have dig very deep because the signs are pretty hidden, but are in fact there. But in general you do have a point.

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 5/2/2011, 20:59

I agree that anyone can be nice and love but they cannot love as much as Christians are backed by God's love.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 5/2/2011, 21:02

True that, when we let God take over our actions are backed by Him. But even then we cannot love as much as He does.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 10/22/2011, 00:05

Actually you can prove scientifically that God does exist, but you have dig very deep because the signs are pretty hidden, but are in fact there. But in general you do have a point.

Ok, let's see what signs you are talking about then.
The only one I can think of is the big bang; since everything has to have a cause, what caused the big bang?
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 10/22/2011, 10:59

My own personal view is that the Big Bang happened, but that God caused it, because there are no physical reasons about what could have caused, even science has no theories about how it happened, just that it did. Most of my evidence comes from biology, and how complex and diverse life is.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 10/25/2011, 09:48

Sgt Angry Egg wrote:

Ok, let's see what signs you are talking about then.
The only one I can think of is the big bang; since everything has to have a cause, what caused the big bang?

Do you not believe in the myriad miracles reported in the Bible? Neutral

Heck, how about the miracles in the medieval times, and even the few miracles in modern times?
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 10/25/2011, 10:15

Oh no I do believe in miracles, and in fact believe I have even witnessed some. But when it comes to arguing the existence of God in general, I find that most miracles don't work that well as a convincing argument as most people just chock them up to 'coincidence'.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 10/25/2011, 11:40

I don't think so; why are there no natural "coincidental miracles" that happen today? I think it can be proven. But there's so many more arguments for the existence of God that miracles are just icing on the cake in my opinion. Smile
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 10/26/2011, 19:21

Hmm okay, I could see that. I guess my own personal debate abilities are not developed enough to use miracles as effective evidence, but yes there are many other things of which miracles are just icing.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top