The midterms are upon us!!!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The midterms are upon us!!!

Post  80-0 on 10/11/2010, 16:18

These are some of the people who have been in the news lately, running for the senate and house that have come up in the news of late:

Carl Paladino

He's opposed to gay marriage, and he has actually been to a gay parade and finds the behavior there to be disturbing. I find homosexuality to be a perversion. YES I SAID IT, it's a perversion. Now what does the left do to respond to anti-homosexuality? Look at this, from Ed Schultz:

What is so appalling about opposing homosexuality? I wish more people would come out and call it like it is. And yet these clowns act like there's some big scandal in being opposed to homosexuality.

Richard Iott

He and his son were in a World War 2 re-enactment, in which he wore a "Nazi" (German) uniform, and of course, the left is all over him like metal on a magnet. They fail to notice the fact that the picture that he is in also has a man in a British pilot uniform, and keep saying Nazi! Nazi! Nazi! when in fact it is a German uniform.

What defines Nazism is not a uniform, or a helmet, or a weapon, or a tank, but an ideology (and a Hitler moustache, but that's neither here nor there). Are all the men wearing Confederate uniforms in Civil War re-enactments Confederates who want to split the country again? Certainly not, but apparently Richard Iott is a Nazi.

Christine O'Donnell

I am not a witch.

Marco Rubio

Why is Crist even running? These people are so addicted to power... sigh....

Joe Miller

Why is what's her face, Murkowski, even running? Again, they can't let go of the power.

Discuss.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Re: The midterms are upon us!!!

Post  0001 on 10/11/2010, 16:53

I am sadly unfamiliar with these people, however I do agree with everything you said. Homosexuality is a perversion, and a choice and is wrong. Wearing a Nazi uniform in reenactments does not make on a Nazi (I do military simulation all the time, it's fun and historical). It's sad to see people misconstruing facts yet again, but of course this is the liberal Godless left again...

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 10/11/2010, 20:24

If I were just a year older, I'd be, no-doubt, voting for Marco Rubio. And if I lived in the 8th district, I would definitely vote for Daniel Webster as a representative, because Alan Grayson is a major bomb-thrower, who thinks everything is a joke...
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 10/12/2010, 08:16

@ ABL: Yep, it just goes to show you how desperate they are, that they will use anything, no matter how innocent, to score political points.

Yes, I forgot Alan Grayson. Owner of such memorable quotes as "The Republicans plan for healthcare is for you to die quickly".
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 10/12/2010, 08:33

Hahahaha, dontcha just LOVE politics? Razz

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 10/12/2010, 13:28

Not really, but I love pointing out how messed up politics are... Razz

And yes, you're right about Grayson, 80-0... Try keeping your sanity while living within 2 miles of his "kingdom", it's a difficult task.
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 10/12/2010, 16:15

I had a friend who was and he completely creeped me out.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 10/14/2010, 15:14

A gay friend?

Hey, you're a homophobe.

Wow Crinkle, your hateful attitude towards gays is pretty disgusting.

Razz
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 10/14/2010, 17:30

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Razz And he was not a "friend" per'se, rather more like someone we knew... Wink

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 10/14/2010, 17:37

Ok, thank goodness.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 10/14/2010, 22:27

Yeah, he's a pretty odd fellow.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 10/15/2010, 07:43

You could've said queer, and it would've been funnier. Razz
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 10/15/2010, 10:15

Hahaha I hadn't thought about that. Razz

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 10/15/2010, 14:01

I wasn't creeped out by him only when he talked about his "boyfriend." I don't really like what they are doing but I will tolerate them. I don't hate them they just creep me out.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 10/16/2010, 13:11

What perpetually amuses me about the people who cry "Homophobe!" is that I guess people who approve of homosexuality are Bibliophobes, or Deophobes. Because it is in the Bible, the written Word of God, that we find homosexuality clearly defined as a sin.

Joe, did you see Grayson's ad against Webster? I can't believe he put an ad out that is so blatantly dishonest... Laughing
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 10/16/2010, 19:04

True true 80-0, that is very good point.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 10/19/2010, 21:17

It looks like Karl Rove was right about Christine O'Donnell:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2010-10-20-churchstate19_st_N.htm

This proves, that there are both people on the left and the right that want to take a dump on the Constitution... Mad
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 10/20/2010, 09:39

Ooooh that's a bummer. Well that's politics for ya.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 10/21/2010, 13:21

Let's start bribe a politician day. Lol.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 10/22/2010, 05:57

I don't know what you're talking about Joe... you've been mislead my friend!

That clause does not say "Let there be separation of church and state". O'Donnell is right. There is no mention of "Separation of church and state" in the Constitution.

What the Constitution says is that the government cannot establish an official religion for the USA, for example, like England did with the Church of England.

Listen carefully, because this is important: Separation of church and state means not using your religious beliefs in the political scene. For example, John F Kennedy ran on SOCAS. He was a Catholic, but he promised not to let his faith drive his policies. That is SOCAS. And that is not in the Constitution. More recently, Mitt Romney, a Mormon, who was running for president in the primary, made a similar promise. That is SOCAS. And it is NOT forbidden in the Constitution.

So Coons showed that O'Donnell knows more about the Constitution after all. SOCAS means, as I said, not using your religious beliefs in politics. It is NOT forbidden by the Constitution, and when Coons said "Well yes the government can't establish a church!", he was saying something was in the Constitution when it in fact was not.

O'Donnell was probably caught off guard because she, like any other politician who isn't fed talking points from Media Matters, believed SOCAS to mean not using your religious beliefs in politics, and she was planning on running on her Catholic faith, a point she raised, comparing her Catholic faith to Coons' liberal Marxist "Catholic" faith. Coons was either pretending that SOCAS meant not establishing a religion, or he's an idiot. I believe it's the former.

Would O'Donnell REALLY say "Why, yes, the US government can absolutely establish a religion."? And did she say that? No, she didn't. When O'Donnell says SOCAS she means not using religious beliefs in politics. When Coons says SOCAS he means the first amendment which is NOT historically what SOCAS has come to mean.

The problem is that the people are gullible enough to believe Coons' lies about the First Amendment. And yes, O'Donnell is inexperienced which as I said likely lead to her not responding to Coons' lies, but don't think she's wrong, because she's right.

I win.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 10/22/2010, 09:51

Hahaha wow, interesting argument there 80-0. But I have to say I like how you ended it the best. Razz

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 10/22/2010, 15:28

I allow no margin for error in my arguments. Razz
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 10/22/2010, 21:55

But the thing is, is that the first amendment explains the basic principle which is SoCaS.

"Congress shall make no law respecting a certain religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

This CLEARLY gives you the freedom to practice religion, but the government cannot strengthen any religious groups whatsoever. Shouldn't one be smart enough to read the meaning? I'm not saying Coons is innocent either. In fact, if I lived in Delaware, and I was 18 or older, I would still vote for O'Donnell because she is clearly the lesser of the two evils. I'm just saying that the way some of the conservatives are acting, it seems as they are blatantly ignoring the Constitution as well. It worries me, actually, that both parties are clueless on the matter.
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 10/23/2010, 06:19

And has O'Donnell said "If I am elected senator (senator!) of the great state of Delaware, I will stop at nothing to empower ONLY Catholics in my state, and across the country! Bwahahahaha!", as you are suggesting? No.

It can't be the basic principle because the two ideas are wholly unconnected! The only reason, and I will say it again, that the founders put this in the Constitution, was so America would never go the way of England, and make its tyranny based on the Anglican church and using the law to force people to join it. That was what the founders were warding off.

And remember: America is a Judeo-Christian nation founded on Judeo-Christian principles. (even though Obama has told us it is a nation founded on diverse Christian, Jewish, and Muslim values... just HAS to throw the Muslim into it.) So why shouldn't its politicians at least tell us "Well, I'm not going to practice atheism when it comes to politics. I'm going to practice Christianity. While I won't force everyone else to worship the way I do, I will follow my moral code when it comes to politics."

No one should have to have one set of morals to follow by his religion and another for politics. That's essentially what SOCAS means: you are separating your political beliefs from your religious beliefs and not letting one influence the other.

The bottom line is: If you REALLY believe what your religion teaches on everything from moral ethics to economics to this and that, and you REALLY believe what your political ideology says on the same things, and they are opposed, you should find a new political party... not a new religion. Religion overrules party lines in my book.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 10/24/2010, 08:18

Hey, nothing's wrong with her being a Christian, I never said that. It's the fact that she doesn't get the Constitution. She might make a stand to put young-earth teachings in public school, or things of the like that clearly go against the Constitution.
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: