Why this party?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Why this party?

Post  0001 on 11/29/2010, 18:00

Yeah it's weird, but really it doesn't bother me that much. I thoroughly hate politics anyways. Razz

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  0027 on 11/30/2010, 16:08

AMEN!
Joint Chief of Staff

Director
Sector 2

Civilian Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 11/30/2010, 21:50

Hahaha! Razz The irony is, politics will eventually be a necessary evil, because of the nature of this organization. Politics will effect our operations.

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  0027 on 11/30/2010, 21:56

How do you mean?
Joint Chief of Staff

Director
Sector 2

Civilian Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 11/30/2010, 22:59

Well a lot of what we will be doing will be effected by policy, and economics since we will be operating amongst the global environment, so no matter how much we hate politics, they will still have a bearing on us.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  0027 on 12/1/2010, 14:33

That's lame. How much do you think they will affecty us??
Joint Chief of Staff

Director
Sector 2

Civilian Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 12/1/2010, 23:17

Not a whole lot, and not directly. But politics affect world events, and world events effect us.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  0027 on 12/2/2010, 14:15

Ya that's very unfortunate, indeed.
Joint Chief of Staff

Director
Sector 2

Civilian Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 12/2/2010, 22:47

That is the nature of the beast I'm afraid. Society is so interconnected, seemingly unrelated things have big impacts on each other.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 12/3/2010, 05:35

We could all leave America, fire numerous explosive warheads at Antarctica to melt all the ice, and travel down there so we could live there as nomadic peoples, constantly on the move. Razz

It's easy to be depressed about the way the country is going, and the easy way out will always be to just leave it and let it spiral into oblivion. That's the problem: this is an implicitly good country. The problem facing the country are the bad policies impacting our lives. All we can do, and really all we have to do, is vote the right way in elections.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0027 on 12/3/2010, 08:25

I'm not old enough to vote. I'm not so depressed as I'm dissapointed with how the country is going...
Joint Chief of Staff

Director
Sector 2

Civilian Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 12/3/2010, 11:13

That's good to hear; people get depressed because they forget what they can do. I know not everyone can vote, but you can get out the vote! You can go around knocking on doors, discussing issues you think are important, and such, to get people out and about voting and getting other people to vote the way that you believe will get the country back on track. Smile
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0027 on 12/3/2010, 20:07

I don't really know what would get the country on track though...?
Joint Chief of Staff

Director
Sector 2

Civilian Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 12/5/2010, 11:52

Well if people are better informed on the issues, they can make better decisions I think is what 80-0 was driving at.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 12/6/2010, 09:01

I think whether the country is in Republican or Democrat hands right now nobody will get any progress or economy solving. Even George Washington warned about not being uinfied. So nothing can really be done unless both sides come to work their fail issues out.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0027 on 12/6/2010, 14:48

Very good observation. WWGWD!
Joint Chief of Staff

Director
Sector 2

Civilian Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 12/6/2010, 20:04

Yea, but it looks like Obama is making some compromises for the soon-to-be Republican Congress. The Democrats don't like that too much, and may possibly try to get Hillary to replace Obama for the 2012 ticket. But now Hillary is getting dirt revealed about her with this whole Wikileaks thing, so we're just probably gonna get stuck with ol' Barack again... Funny how things work out like that! Razz
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0027 on 12/7/2010, 13:50

What about a republican candidate? They stand a chance 2012?
Joint Chief of Staff

Director
Sector 2

Civilian Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 12/8/2010, 20:53

That's true Malus, we don't know who they might have in mind. And yes I agree with Joe and Crinkle, both are very good observations.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  0027 on 12/12/2010, 14:27

So do we have a chance?
Joint Chief of Staff

Director
Sector 2

Civilian Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 12/16/2010, 18:58

I am going to drop something that will make many people go what? I am a registered Democrat. So I agree with some of the stuff but not all. I will tell you I am not a liberal though. I am a moderate.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 12/19/2010, 19:57

Yeah I'm a moderate also, although I lean slightly more conservatively. I'm an independent though, both parties are too foolish right now for me. If things change I'll prolly go back to being a Republican someday. Unless they stay like they are right now. A massive tax break for the super wealthy? Really? Rolling Eyes

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 12/20/2010, 23:32

Well what if they have to cut their month vacation in half? I mean we cannot let that happen.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 12/21/2010, 06:08

OH MY GOSH NO WE CAN'T CUT TAXES ON THE WEALTHY!

Correction: The Bush Tax Cuts do not in fact cut taxes. affraid What they do is prevent tax rates for going up on EVERYONE. Yes, not just the rich (by the way, the "rich" are now defined as people and businesses earning more than $250000, which isn't all that much compared to the REALLY rich people) are getting a "tax cut", EVERYONE is getting an extension of the previous tax rates. You see, when Congress passed the massive spending projects that it did under Obama, they need to get paid for. The only way to pay for them is to increase taxes on all Americans. (not just the rich, if we took all the salaries of all the rich people and put em' all together, it wouldn't come NEAR paying for the deficit Obama created) So again, no one is getting their taxes CUT. The Bush Tax Cuts simply PREVENT tax INCREASES from occurring.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 12/22/2010, 10:05

Yes but the tax cuts aren't the only part of the Bill unfortunately. The Republicans felt the need to use their power and stupidity and got a little footnote in there about tax cuts for the Super Wealthy. It's not part of the Bush Era Tax Cuts, it's something extra, and that's what is making me mad at them.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top