The Lord provides

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Lord provides

Post  0001 on 10/21/2009, 20:59

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:You are very ingnorant abl.
That's all I am going to say.

Only from a worldly point of view, which is where you are coming from.

Yeah, living only on faith alone, what a dumb idea innit? Rolling Eyes

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4039
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lord provides

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 10/21/2009, 22:43

I'm a little lost, but feel I should try to mediate anyway.

Ben, stop being so [society dictates that the word I planned on putting here is offensive, and there is a discussion in another forum on why Christians shouldn't use it, despite it's being an invention of society] shy and just TALK TO A GIRL.

powned, it's true that you have to work for everything, but no name calling. Or whatever that can be classified as. You know what I mean.

Both of you, please keep your arguments above poorly executed sarcastic statements.
avatar
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 456
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lord provides

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/28/2009, 23:40

Hahaha. I love the brackets egg.
See.... Ben, you make society seem likethe end of the world. I just think that you think like an extreamest, and that isn't good.
avatar
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 963
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lord provides

Post  0001 on 10/29/2009, 18:57

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:Hahaha. I love the brackets egg.
See.... Ben, you make society seem likethe end of the world. I just think that you think like an extreamest, and that isn't good.

Ummmm, incase you missed a little book called Revelation, society WILL be the end of the world...... Razz I'll get a girl, when it's time, and if I ever find myself actually attracted to one. And she shares that sentiment. Wink

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4039
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lord provides

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 10/29/2009, 21:40

well in your book of life your story will come to you.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 1219
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lord provides

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/29/2009, 22:44

Not buying it.
Argue all you want, society is not going to change, and it will do whatever it does. We are all just along for the ride. If god really wanted to save us, we'd just all die and go straight up.
avatar
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 963
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lord provides

Post  0001 on 10/30/2009, 15:30

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:Not buying it.
Argue all you want, society is not going to change, and it will do whatever it does. We are all just along for the ride. If god really wanted to save us, we'd just all die and go straight up.

I wasn't expecting you to buy it, since all you do is preach the corrupt gospel of this world anyways. Rolling Eyes Hopefully one day you will find the truth, the ACTUAL truth about this evil world. And God DOES want to save us, but WE have to want to be saved, which requires handing yourself over to him, that's what he wants, people that willingly follow, out of personal choice, not because it is "convenient".

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4039
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lord provides

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/30/2009, 16:47

Preach the evil world?
Sure.
I'll take that.
If the world is so crappy why doesn't someone (god) do something?
avatar
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 963
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lord provides

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 10/31/2009, 09:32

You man of little faith believe! This is what Jesus said to some people in the Bible and you have to have faith to believe and sure I have had my doubts before everyone does.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 1219
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lord provides

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 10/31/2009, 13:31

Warning: this will be a very long post.

Here's an interesting little factoid: your guys' argument has now come across the 'problem of evil'. It's an old (It was most famously written by Epicurus, an ancient Greek philosopher) logic problem. Epicurus was arguing against God's existence, but he made a very good point. Just so you what I'm talking about without having to go to google, here is the 'Riddle of Epicurus'.

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

As a good Christian, one must be able to 1. stay calm in the face of such questions and 2. be able to come up with an intelligent answer (rather than screaming "You heretic! You have no faith!")

Personally, I like Plantiga's free will defense, which basically states that evil exists because God created humans with free will. He is able and willing to prevent evil, but he does not because he wants us to have free will and choose to worship him. He wants us to believe in him, because then we really mean it when we worship. God wants people to be happy, but that cannot happen without free will. And with the gift of free will comes the responsibility to choose what is best not just for yourself, but for the greater good of mankind. So basically, it's up to us to not be ***holes.
avatar
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 456
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lord provides

Post  0001 on 11/1/2009, 13:05

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:Preach the evil world?
Sure.
I'll take that.
If the world is so crappy why doesn't someone (god) do something?

Basically as usual, Egg came in and saved all our sorry sheb's from the petty squabling we always seem to get into. Razz Yeah, Crinkle and I overeacted a bit much, back there, sorry for that. But yeah, Egg just explained it all to the letter, and really I have nothing to add to that. Just that God want's us to have free will, so that we may freely choose him. Because what's the point of us existing if we don't have free choice right? And one other thing, one day God will come and fix the mess, but that day is called Judgment Day, or The Apocolypse. Wink But you brought up some interesing points Powned, really made me think about the issue(s), I actually thank you for it.

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4039
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lord provides

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 11/1/2009, 17:22

Acually this was an answer that Jesus did use on the Jewish religious leaders.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 1219
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lord provides

Post  0001 on 11/1/2009, 19:22

Cpt. Crinkle wrote:Acually this was an answer that Jesus did use on the Jewish religious leaders.

Yeah you're right, I bet that's where Egg got it from.

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4039
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lord provides

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/1/2009, 22:54

Thanks egg, your a lifesaver... I like that poem thingy.. might have to make that my signature...


I like bringing up these points, because sometimes the best way to understand Him is to skeptical of everything... I like playing the bad guy on these forums cause your guys always win, and people can really learn for these forums. Smile
avatar
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 963
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lord provides

Post  0001 on 11/2/2009, 10:56

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:
I like bringing up these points, because sometimes the best way to understand Him is to skeptical of everything... I like playing the bad guy on these forums cause your guys always win, and people can really learn for these forums. Smile


The accuracy and depth to what you just said, is nothing short of astounding, and coming from you I think I need to go find someplace to hide, for surely the world is now going to end. Shocked Razz

Just kidding of course, but seriously, you are so totally right, and I JUST realized that.

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4039
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lord provides

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 11/2/2009, 16:28

Ah, the joys of playing the devil's advocate. I used to argue with zealous youtube trolls. I liked to to take the atheist viewpoint, for exactly the reasons powned has.
avatar
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 456
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lord provides

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/2/2009, 17:15

Ugh, YouTube trolls....

Thats like arguing with a author about the 5th word in the 4th chapter of his 6th book, 4th edition that was never published.

NOBODY WINS!
avatar
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 963
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lord provides

Post  0001 on 11/3/2009, 20:06

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:Ugh, YouTube trolls....

Thats like arguing with a author about the 5th word in the 4th chapter of his 6th book, 4th edition that was never published.

NOBODY WINS!

I'm unfamilier with youtube trolls.... What exactly are they?

_________________
"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
avatar
0001
Executive Director

Executive Director
Location : Junction City, Oregon
Posts : 4039
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lord provides

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 11/3/2009, 21:22

They are people who go around flagging videos because something that was said once may possibly be misconstrued as offensive to their particular cult regional denominational beliefs, or saying "ur all a bnch of mronos bcuz u suk bals". I argued with them because sometimes they brought up good points in defense of the existence of God. And it also helped me hedge out my own points in defense of God that weren't particularly strong.

@Crinkle: Where does Jesus argue with the Jewish leaders about the existence of God? I never made it past that whole such-and-so son of what's-his-face part of the Bible (I hate genealogies), and would like to read this.
avatar
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 456
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lord provides

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/3/2009, 22:24

Youtube trolls.... Suck.
avatar
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 963
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lord provides

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 11/4/2009, 16:02

And they are a bnch of mronos.
avatar
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 456
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lord provides

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 11/4/2009, 16:28

Well I feel that we must turn to God to answer our questions.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 1219
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lord provides

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 11/4/2009, 20:46

But that is no reason as to why we cant discuss it...

We all know we need to look to god.
avatar
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 963
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lord provides

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 11/4/2009, 21:08

Yeah but some subjects do take thought.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 1219
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lord provides

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 11/5/2009, 16:09

Is thinking about a subject synonymous to turning to God about it?
avatar
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Location : Sector 2
Posts : 456
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lord provides

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum