[ 2 ]
11% 11% 
[ 1 ]
11% 11% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 9

Re: Views on Abortion

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 2/2/2010, 16:49

Not the same thing. Your accident survivor isn't physically attached to his or her caretaker. They are viable.
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/2/2010, 16:51

Ah, so you mean physically relient on it's, well in this case, host?

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 2/2/2010, 16:54

Yep. That's what viable means.
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/2/2010, 16:56

I know, just clarifying for everyone else. Wink

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 2/3/2010, 15:17

Jedi Joe wrote:Those skin cells that Powned just killed don't have much of a future either. A fetus, however, is a living thing all on its own, and will eventually become a man or a woman.

Ditto.

If you kill Joe's skin cells, they will NEVER become a man or a woman or a person because not only are they not MADE to do so, they are not in the PROCESS of doing so.

Your only argument against the personage of a fetus is to say it's not going to become a person.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 2/3/2010, 17:08

It's a soul once the child has entered the world. Stop being so reserve on this subject this is very controversial and we could easily start a big argument on this.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 2/3/2010, 19:08

I still think women should have a choice in the matter if they got raped.. "/

I'm a big believer in choices.. & if that choice is taken away because some guy decided to take advantage of a girl.. That.. That is just not fair...

You may say its not fair that the child never got a chance to live.. But if they do it early enough in the pregnancy, its not really a child. Its not even a person.

What about the actually living being that just got their soul tore apart...

Do you really think the baby would even come out living a normal life? A life with a mom that sometimes just doesnt wanna be around you cause every time they look at you, she sees the man that raped her.

& then adoption.. My dad was a foster kid. I know adoption, alright.
But my dad tells me stories.. Being a foster kid is not fun... It sucks.. Life is hard..
You never know if you're ever going to find a home..

My dad's adoption process was not the rape situation though. It was a tad different...
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 2/3/2010, 19:33

Foster kids are a bit different. Most kids are adopted as babies through an adoption agency. My mom gave my big sister up for adoption because she made a mistake with her boyfriend at the time. My big sister grew up to become a god-loving person who is married and now has kids of her own, and is expecting another one.

And also, I think the fetus doesn't form for some time. Wouldn't a day-after birth control prevent the formation altogether?
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 2/3/2010, 20:01

You mean like Plan B?
Yes, that would prevent anymore growth of cells.
Is that not considered abortion in this case?
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 2/3/2010, 20:37

Some people consider it abortion, some don't. Everybody has a different opinion on this, as has been demonstrated by our little discussion on this thread.

Your only argument against the personage of a fetus is to say it's not going to become a person.

That statement isn't true. Just because something is going to become something else doesn't make it that something else already. Do we refer to caterpillars as butterflies? No. Why? Because it's still just a caterpillar, not a butterfly. Do we refer to a pile of metal, plastic, and rubber as a car? No. It's just a pile of metal, plastic, and rubber, not a car.

Therefore, I can safely say that a fetus is not a person, without at all implying that a fetus won't become a person.
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 2/3/2010, 20:41

Hmm, I guess you're right about that one..

You make a great point with the caterpillars to butterflies bit too.
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 2/3/2010, 20:47

Thanks a bunch! But I'm still the only one who thinks like I do.
Just out of curiosity, can whoever voted "other" say what they do think about abortion? I could probably scour the thread for it, but I'm too lazy.
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Kombustion on 2/3/2010, 20:54

You're welcome Egg.

& I dont think your thoughts are so far off.. They make pretty good sense to me in this case.

I'm kind of interested to see what "other" could be too... Hmm....
Kombustion

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 2/3/2010, 22:49

My view is this:
In the case of Rape or threat of immediate or likely death of the mother, then it should be a choice. Fetus' are human, and should not be killed. Up until the cells actually start to divide and form (1-2 weeks after conception) then, in my opinion, it's okay to abort, because these are just cells. Sure they could become a person, but arn't. Remember, this ONLY stands for rape/special cases. In general protection should be used, or if unmarried, abstinance.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top