Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Re: General Gaming

Post  80-0 on 3/22/2010, 17:22

Ria_Dae wrote:yes that is a possibility Smile I just don't like it how almost all RPGs are sexist if you truly look at them... the main character almost always a guy and the girls are the weakest links of the group. If a girl is the main character they give her very exaggerated....curves... Embarassed and very revealing clothing *sigh* but I do like RPG, fantasy, and action games non-the-less.

Well, I think the "sexists" are better off than the feminists who you mentioned. Yes, whoever is exaggerating the female characters have a name for themselves... feminists, those who want to empower women. So there's really two sides to this debate. I personally think that it's silly to complain about too much or too few representations of either of the sexes, and any side who clearly intends to represent one side too much or one too few is clearly biased either through feminism or sexism.

Though an interesting point I'd make in this debate is that in Rainbow Six: Vegas, you can choose to have a male or female operative, which is I think the ultimate ending to this debate.

And to find an RPG with a similar trait, the Knights of the Old Republic series (I and II) both allow you to choose between male and female as well as customize your character; that's what I think RPGs should be like. What would be even better in my opinion would be to customize what the people you meet in the created world would look like so that everyone's experience would be different, but that's just me.

Thanks for bringing up this point, it's definitely worth discussing, as video games and computers in general are whether we like it or not becoming a larger part of our lives. Smile
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/23/2010, 10:57

Hmm, I never considered the sexist aspect of games, but yeah I guess it's true. Yet another reason why I like the whole SW canon, they have some very strong male and female characters as 80-0 pointed out.

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Bizzle on 3/23/2010, 12:19

I'm a hardcore 360 player. Halo is one of the best games out there, bare non. Other then Halo I like pretty much all of the Lego games and the Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter games. I also like the CoD W@W game. I've played a little bit of Battlefield Bad Company 2 but the fbombs were driving me crazy.

About the sexist aspect of games... I see that a large majority of games are sexist but I only play a few games non of which have alot of sexual stuff/female characters in them.

Bizzle

G1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/23/2010, 12:21

You sound a lot like me Bizzle my friend. Very Happy

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Bizzle on 3/23/2010, 12:22

astoriabluelegos wrote:You sound a lot like me Bizzle my friend. Very Happy

Hahaha, do you have a 360 and XBL? If so shoot me a PM with your gammertag.

Bizzle

G1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/23/2010, 12:29

Alas no, I'm a PC guy. Sad But sooo many of my friends have the 360, I'm almost considering getting one to play with them. But I don't have a lot of $$$ at the moment, what with school and all. Mad

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Bizzle on 3/23/2010, 12:31

Ahh you're a PCer. But I know what you mean about the price, it took me over 2.5 years to save up for my 360. But man was it worth it.

Bizzle

G1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/23/2010, 23:58

Yeah I've heard they are amazing. Ive also heard the internet feature costs money, like a monthly rate, is that true? scratch

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/24/2010, 04:32

I believe so, XBox Live. You can join the basic thing to get Live multiplayer for free, but in order to get patches and cool downloads and whatnot, you need to get Pro which prolly costs some cash.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 3/24/2010, 11:48

I wanna get a PS3 so I don't have to pay for multiplayer, and because they're better.
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Bizzle on 3/25/2010, 14:07

astoriabluelegos wrote:Yeah I've heard they are amazing. Ive also heard the internet feature costs money, like a monthly rate, is that true? scratch

Yea its around $50 for a year of online pay but all of the cool bonuses really make that $50 worth it.

Bizzle

G1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/25/2010, 22:17

$50 gets you an entire year? That's not too bad I suppose, but I think it should still be free...

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 4/3/2010, 21:30

Battlefield: Bad Company 2, the game of EPICNESS. nough said.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/3/2010, 23:32

I'll have to look that one up. Smile

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 4/4/2010, 06:14

@ PoWn3d: Yeah, that one is a lot of fun.

In other news, Lego Indiana Jones 2 is ridiculously fun.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/4/2010, 12:04

I know right? It's not real movie accurate, but from a pure LEGO fun perspective, it's amazing! Great game indeed. Very Happy

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 4/4/2010, 18:30

I love all the vehicle levels... going around in the Jungle Cutter is too much fun... Twisted Evil Laughing
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/4/2010, 18:44

YES! Awesome set, even more awesome in game! Very Happy

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 4/5/2010, 06:58

I love how they integrated a whole new way of Hub-travel, that you're running around in an individual world each time, and you have to go accomplish something IN the hub in order to get to the next level. It's much more interesting than the same ol' university. Razz
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/5/2010, 12:24

Yes, although a bit confusing at first, once you get used to it, it's awesome. Smile

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Bizzle on 4/19/2010, 11:08

Halo 3 still pwns all those games guys... Halo: Reach will be epic.

Bizzle

G1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 4/19/2010, 12:32

I've only played Halo 1, but ODST and Halo Wars looked awesome. Smile

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 4/19/2010, 16:58

I've only played through 1, and the beginning of 2, and that will be the end of it unless they re-release the others on PC, which likely won't happen. Though Reach is on PC, right?
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Bizzle on 4/19/2010, 19:40

80-0 wrote:I've only played through 1, and the beginning of 2, and that will be the end of it unless they re-release the others on PC, which likely won't happen. Though Reach is on PC, right?

Umm Reach is 360 only I think, I might be wrong though.

ABL- Yea get yourself a 360 and play with me.

Bizzle

G1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top