We Need to Not be Pacifists to Sin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

We Need to Not be Pacifists to Sin

Post  0001 on 2/28/2010, 13:05

I see a greater and greater disturbing trend lately. This trend is for Christians to be padifists towards sin. The reason our world is so messed up is because people have become aclimatized and tolerant to what's wrong. This whole mindset of seperation between us and them is going to be the death of us.

When I was in Highschool I was an outsider, purposefully. I didn't want to associate with the other kids because of their lack of morals and conviction. I viewed that since I was saved, I should seperate myself from them, because perhaps their sin would corrupt me. It wasn't until later that this was the wrong attitude, how could I share the faith if I didn't put myself out there with those who needed saving?

Today many Christians have that same mindset. I'm saved, my faith is secure. So when they see sin or wrong amongst people close to them, or those around them, they just tolerate it. Rather then do something about it, they just watch, and silently curse it under their breath. We need to be proactive, and step in and say, "Hey, you what you're doing is wrong" and put a stop to it. This pacifist attitude towards sin has got to go, or nothing will ever change.

On top of that, we need to make sure that we ourselves are living as Christians should. Otherwise our arguments hold no weight if we are just as messed up as the people we are trying to help. But when we live according to Christian virtues, then we have the moral high ground and step out and say no to sin. But when we see sin happening around us we need to say no, and stop it.

Example: Again when I was in highschool I knew the rednecks quite well since I did welding and ag with them. They weren't exactly friends, but I knew them. So one day one of them came up to me out on the street in a rush, he asked if I had a cell phone and if he could use it. I generally would say yes to people like that, so I casually asked why he needed it. He said that he was trying to figure out transportation to a party and said if I helped, I could attend, even promising to get a girl to lay me that night. I recoiled, and flat out told him that not only could he NOT use my phone, but that that was totally wrong, and I would not be an accompilice to something so wrong. He said fine and walked off. In the long run I doubt that had a major impact on him, but that's not the point. The point is the principle of it, we as Christians must work to save souls. We do this through fighting sin, and making ourselves available to those who need us. But given the opportunity, we need to say no to sin, and not just turn a blind eye. The devil wants us to fail, and he works in many ways, we need to be a force against his power.

There is a limit though, so often people turn violent when persuing a mission against a percieived wrong. We must always remember that this is not the Christian way, we need to fight this sin, but physical violence is not the way, we need to make it a theological war, fight using intellect, prayer and faith. And in the process make sure to stand firm on our own beliefs, only then will our blows strike hard agianst the onsluaght of sin. So next time you have an opportunity to stand up for morals and faith, step out of your shell, and stick to your guns.

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Re: We Need to Not be Pacifists to Sin

Post  80-0 on 3/1/2010, 11:21

Right on right on right ON!

Christianity IS the answer to evil. All we need to do is stand by our principles, and the devil doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell, yeah, even the devil. Razz

The thing is, we forget that we have the answers. We forget just how important we are to the rest of the world. We need to show the rest of the world how to act, not by standing out on the street like the Pharisees, but by showing by example. The rest of the world should go out of their way to see us and see how our beliefs lead to a better society, for example in Haiti.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/1/2010, 12:05

EXACTLY! It amazes me how many people do not get that... Shocked

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 3/1/2010, 12:11

Also know though that not everyone can be saved...

Don't try to preach to someone that says "Aw **** you man! Christianity sucks!", because those people blatantly reject Jesus, and it is too late for them unfortunately... Sad
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/1/2010, 12:29

Is it though? Wink But yeah, many will not be saved, because they simply cannot or will not believe. But I wouldn't count them off as goners either, this is God we're talking about after all. Amazing things can happen, but I totally understand where you're coming from. Smile

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/1/2010, 13:09

Jedi Joe wrote:Also know though that not everyone can be saved...

Don't try to preach to someone that says "Aw **** you man! Christianity sucks!", because those people blatantly reject Jesus, and it is too late for them unfortunately... Sad

Rubbish my friend, everyone CAN be saved. That would be denying the eternal power of God, and it's also the foundation for the Calvinist heresy that says some people are destined for heaven and some for hell, and you can't change it.

Yes, it may seem like an impossible case, but EVERYONE can be saved. There is no turning point for your soul where God won't welcome you back to Him, even if you're that guy Joe mentioned. God works in mysterious ways, but he's also perfect.

Imagine, for example, that there's this sin you have a hard time avoiding, so at the last minute you tell yourself "I can't overcome this; I'll just give in to it and stop resisting it." That is absolutely not true. NOTHING is impossible to overcome with God's help; sure, the temptation may seem too powerful, but that's just the devil. All evil comes from the devil (after all: devil), not from God or from yourself, and there is no temptation too powerful for God.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/1/2010, 13:15

I completely agree my friend, God loves everyone, and all can be saved. Smile But I think Joe was saying that not all will be saved, even though they have the opportunity to be. Wink

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/1/2010, 13:17

Good point, 'will' is different than 'can', and it was that 'can' that alas threw Calvin into heresy.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/1/2010, 13:18

Is that where the Johova's witnesses got the idea that only a select few will be saved?

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 3/1/2010, 13:19

Yes, everyone CAN be saved, but it is their choice ultimately...
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/1/2010, 13:21

astoriabluelegos wrote:Is that where the Johova's witnesses got the idea that only a select few will be saved?

Yeah I'm pretty sure they're just a reincarnation of Calvin.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/1/2010, 13:22

@ Joe: Yep

@80-0: Conspiracy theory time! Razz

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/1/2010, 16:59

Well when you look at the beliefs, most of the weird denominations are really just reincarnations of old heresies. I saw a guy on C-Span who was actually hawking the Manichean, or Albigensian heresy. C-Span of all places! I couldn't believe it, but those old heresies are, alas, alive and well.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 3/1/2010, 20:53

Well I will tell you this my faith is weaker and only secured through the use of prayer. And actually many of the different sects have close to the same views as Catholicism and there are a few strange ones like Zwinglism.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/1/2010, 23:39

Yeah, I think these are all the results of people mixing their own emotions, ideas, and ambitions in with that of Gods, basically self-importance. It gets tiring reading about how wrong and idiotic they all are...

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  0010 on 3/1/2010, 23:55

Yes Ben totally agree.... recently my Pastor reached a message on the "sin of silence" and how it's are Job to tell others about Christ and if we don't who will... I would also apply this message to not speaking up when some one would sin.
The Cleric

D1 Standard
None

Free Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/2/2010, 00:07

Yep precisely, that is exactly what I'm talking about. We need to spread God around, not just be pasifistic towards sin because we are saved.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 3/2/2010, 04:44

Cpt. Crinkle wrote:Well I will tell you this my faith is weaker and only secured through the use of prayer. And actually many of the different sects have close to the same views as Catholicism and there are a few strange ones like Zwinglism.

Yup, like Protestantism started when Henry VIII wanted to run the Church, and I think another heresy started by an anti-pope.
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/2/2010, 18:30

Wow, you know you're history 80-0. Shocked

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 3/2/2010, 22:11

Do you realize how hard that is to do? They just become closed minded unless you ease into the subject.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 3/2/2010, 22:58

Oh yeah, it's totally not an easy thing to do, and yeah they do become deffensive.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum