Christian Metal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Christian Metal

Post  0027 on 11/30/2010, 16:00

Does the music define if a person is Christian or not? If it has screaming does it make it devil noise?
Joint Chief of Staff

Director
Sector 2

Civilian Ops

Back to top Go down

Re: Christian Metal

Post  0027 on 11/30/2010, 16:01

I'm very passionate about Christian metal. I think it has great outreach and they are absolutely great people. Just because people don't like this style DOES NOT make it evil!
Joint Chief of Staff

Director
Sector 2

Civilian Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 11/30/2010, 21:32

I think the defining factor like in any music is not the style, but the content. So if the content is Christian with Biblical teachings and basis then it would be Christian as far as I'm concerned. That genre does not really appeal to me because I like to listen to the music and the melody, and I'm not too big on walls of sound, but they're not any less Christian in my opinion I guess. I mean you can't really tell what they're saying so it's honestly hard to say for me. Razz

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  0027 on 11/30/2010, 21:41

But if you can seriously not understand them then there is something called lyrics. Look them up!!!! :p And metal has lots of melody it's a super intricate style of music. To get the full experience you really have to listen. It's also one of the hardest genre and takes immense amounts of skill and talent.
Joint Chief of Staff

Director
Sector 2

Civilian Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 11/30/2010, 22:49

I guess, it's still just not really my thing. tongue Unless it's like Fireflight style Metal.

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  0027 on 12/1/2010, 14:27

What about "since october?"
Joint Chief of Staff

Director
Sector 2

Civilian Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 12/1/2010, 23:07

Okay okay yes. I do love Since October I admit it... Razz

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 12/2/2010, 12:50

There should be a Christian Band called Yay for llamas.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0027 on 12/2/2010, 14:01

Why? and ya what now legos???!!!!!
Joint Chief of Staff

Director
Sector 2

Civilian Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 12/2/2010, 22:01

^ Umm what? lol

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 12/3/2010, 06:26

My biggest takeaway from this topic was a question:

What is devil noise? Razz

Anyway, music can't make someone a Christian or not a Christian. If you're baptized, you're ALWAYS a Christian. No amount of sin and wrongdoing can undo that immutable mark on your soul that is the mark of Christ imprinted at Baptism. Smile
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0027 on 12/3/2010, 08:18

@legos: if you like since october you like christian metal.

@80-0: I don't think baptism makes you a christian. It's the faith you have in your heart. And the devil noise is because that's how old people refer to it.
Joint Chief of Staff

Director
Sector 2

Civilian Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  80-0 on 12/3/2010, 11:11

Well, we need to define terms here. If by "being a Christian" you mean someone who lives a Christian life, you are correct, Baptism can not make someone live a Christian life. However, I do believe in something I like to call the Mystical Body of Christ, which is the general grouping of all people who have been baptized, who know they have been baptized, who wanted to have been baptized at some point in time, etc.. I believe they are Christians. And thus I believe that baptized persons, no matter what they may do in their life, no matter how much they reject Christianity, they are still members of the Body of Christ. People who fall away from Christianity and reject their baptism can not escape the fact that they entered the Christian faith, and it is a permanent entry (in my belief).

So bottom line is, if you mean "Christian person" in terms of their behavior, you are correct. If you mean "Member of the Christian Church" (and thus a Christian, right?), as I meant, then I am correct. Smile
80-0

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0027 on 12/3/2010, 20:12

What I mean even if you are baptized it doesn't make you a perma-christian. You may be part of the body and God will always be calling you back, but if you choose to deny God I don't think that makes you saved. Just my view.
Joint Chief of Staff

Director
Sector 2

Civilian Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 12/3/2010, 21:37

I have never gotten baptized. I personally do not see how someone dunking you in water makes you holy.

Anyway, on the topic, I agree with ABL that the style of music doesn't make music good or bad, it's the lyrics that judge that.
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 12/5/2010, 11:44

Well in the Bible a LOT of emphasis on baptism is made. It's symbolically important because it means that we are officially Christians. Sure it is possible to live a Christian lifestyle without being baptized, to truly be a Christian you must be baptized because it seals you into God's new covenant. Sure it's just being dunked in water, but it's very important as part of being Christians. To truly understand just how important being baptized is, you really need to read your Bible. Then you will understand that it is a very key part of being Christian.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 12/5/2010, 22:19

I read it on a daily basis. From I get, being baptized is only important when you feel it is important, and I do not feel the need... Yet, anyway.
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 12/6/2010, 08:51

As phrased as the dunking in water this part isn't the important part to look at. The Symbolism behind it is important as this is the cleansing of one sins and process of drawing closer to God.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0027 on 12/6/2010, 14:43

I actually legitimately agree with everyone. You have to feel it's important for it to really make it important. And yes, but people never pay attention to the lyrics...
Joint Chief of Staff

Director
Sector 2

Civilian Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 12/8/2010, 20:48

True, you do need to feel it is important. But I would recommend being baptized at some point, because it is so important. But whenever you are ready of course. Wink And yes Malus, for me I like lyrics that are easy to understand, and not a wall of sound. lol

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  0027 on 12/12/2010, 14:23

Ok, how dare you say that it is a wall of sound!!!! Almost all of the music by Christian metalcore artists are intricate and very complicated! Most people listen to Christian metalcore over secular because they are better, and more musically talented than other bands. And some people (Brandon) can't accept their music just because they're automatically turned off and won't even give bands a chance.
Joint Chief of Staff

Director
Sector 2

Civilian Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 12/19/2010, 19:52

Idk, it doesn't take a lot of talent to scream in unrecognizable ways. tongue I guess if you can understand it, that's great. But to me it's just very loud noise. I like more relaxed music with lyrics that are easy to understand.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  0027 on 12/22/2010, 12:38

OK... WRONG!!!!!! It takes INFINTE talent to scream right. If you do it wrong your throat gets messed up, plus you have to do it so your not just whispering it actually has to project. It's super hard to do!
Joint Chief of Staff

Director
Sector 2

Civilian Ops

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 12/23/2010, 17:14

Haha I'll take your word on it. Wink

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top