The Lord provides

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Lord provides

Post  0001 on 9/9/2009, 10:55

Lets face it, sometimes we are sceptacle of the existence of the Almighty God. I mean we can't see or hear him. But other times, it's obvious that he's there helping us along. A good example of this is my current employment situation, or lack thereof.
I need money, but lets face it who doesn't? But I also want to go to college, therefore finding a job to flex around my crazy class schedule is very difficult. So I've been able to sustain myself off of oddjobs. And this is where God comes into play.
Oddjobs are totally random, and you really can't count on them being there when you need them. But I always seem to have them when I need them. It's very strange. Right now the C.A.A. is taking a lot of my money, to get it going. And often I find myself broke and needing cash. It starts to look pretty bleak, then at the last second, BOOM! an oddjob would suddenly appear, right when I needed it the most. It's been like this for two years now, and it never ceases to amaze me. Whenever I need it, it is provided always at the very last second.
It's too regular to be sheer coincidence, as it always works the same way, on completly random timelines. I know it's God there is no other logical explanation. Whenever I need something that's critically important for me, then it is provided. God says he will take care of us, and its true, we just have to know where to look. Besides providing me with the money I need, these instances have strengthened my faith a great deal. I praise God and thank him for all that he does for me, and ask him to show me how I can better serve him. And in return he guides and watches over me. A pretty sweet deal I think. Wink

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Strenghthen through Christ

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 9/18/2009, 19:42

I had a simple child's faith until My grandma passed away on a Sunday and just before she died my mom asked her if she took Jesus as her personal Lord and Savior and yes was the answer. Since then my faith has grown.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lord provides

Post  0001 on 9/20/2009, 14:17

I think we all have moments like that. We start out with just a child's faith, or a half hearted faith. Then something happens to open our eys and make us realize, "hey this is real, and I need to be doing this." Then our faith really begins to take off, and we start to understand the bigger picture here. Wink

"Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." -Ephesians 4:29, NLT
Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 9/28/2009, 00:47

Sadly... I have not found this moment in my life.
That or i have completely missed it.

the latter is more likely.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 9/29/2009, 18:39

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:Sadly... I have not found this moment in my life.
That or i have completely missed it.

the latter is more likely.

Naw, you havn't found it yet. But you will I bet, ofcourse you have to slow down and look for it. Look and you shall find. Wink

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 9/29/2009, 18:39

I am....
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 9/29/2009, 18:42

It'll happen then, no worries. Very Happy Next time you're over we can chat about this if you want, I got some stuff I wanna tell you, but in person. Smile

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 9/29/2009, 18:44

Yessir sounds good.
I just have to get out of prison first... SHHH! guards are coming... cant let them know i made a computer out of a 9v battery and a spoon.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

in and outs of faith

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 10/11/2009, 20:47

I still have my up and downs of the Christian faith. The only thing to do then is pray for strength and guidance by God. But remember God takes his time to answer any prayer you have just stay to and you prayer will be answered.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 10/12/2009, 09:03

Cpt. Crinkle wrote:I still have my up and downs of the Christian faith. The only thing to do then is pray for strength and guidance by God. But remember God takes his time to answer any prayer you have just stay to and you prayer will be answered.

Yup, and you have to be prepared, because the answer may or may not be what we have in mind, because God has a master plan for us all. Wink

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/16/2009, 03:48

That's a lot of plans
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Take time to...

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 10/16/2009, 10:28

You need to take time to smell the flowers and not to get to caught up in life in which you lose God for a while.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/16/2009, 13:30

Care to expand?
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 10/16/2009, 17:30

Cpt. Crinkle wrote:You need to take time to smell the flowers and not to get to caught up in life in which you lose God for a while.

Or lose him permamently.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/16/2009, 17:53

You two really need to get or there and have some fun.
These are supposed to be the best years of your lives... Runiig around with girls and whatnot.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 10/16/2009, 18:01

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:You two really need to get or there and have some fun.
These are supposed to be the best years of your lives... Runiig around with girls and whatnot.

NO! That's what this corrupt world believes, and it is SOOOO WRONG it is not even funny, that is not "having a good time" that is forsaking God for a life of decadence and sin. That's not only wrong, but totally unapealing to me. I've pledged my soul to God, forever, and I'm never going back on that, ever. Very Happy

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/16/2009, 23:56

Ugh..... NONONONONONO!

God wants you to have fun... If you can have some fun on your life you could serve him Better..
Look at that couple that run your youth group program.
They serve god everyday AND they own a serious gaming room (that i'm super jealous of...). They also have kids and I believe that they serve god just fine.
Sorry about not cap ing god... It's difficult on my itouch.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedi Joe on 10/17/2009, 08:26

So dating girls all the time is supposed to be fun?
Jedi Joe
Skyologist

None
None

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt Angry Egg on 10/19/2009, 17:30

What, are you people Catholics? The physical world isn't all necessarily 'of Satan' you know. Dating girls isn't necessarily fun (I hate dates. I find it impossible to start a decent conversation in any kind of 'fine, upstanding establishment' as a restaurant.), but girls themselves tend to be fun...
to talk to...
and look at...
through their bedroom windows...
while they sleep.
Sgt Angry Egg
The Voice of Reason

A6 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/19/2009, 17:39

Hahahaha. I agree egg... But shhhhhh. Don't say anything.

Nah, super formal dates aren't fun, just what comes after.
But, you gotta have dinner to get dessert. Wink

but yes.... Have fun. You only live once and it's not like the world is Satan, as egg pointed out.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 10/19/2009, 18:54

PoWn3d_0704 wrote:You only live once....

Exactly, and I'd rather spend it serving God. Wink If I'm meant to have a girlfriend, then I will, when it's time. But I can wait. Smile

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/20/2009, 23:49

I finally figured out what my problem with this whole thing is....
You believe that god has a master plan for you right? And that things will happen when he makes them so. Correct?

Well, that means you think he will hand everythig to you on a silver patter and you aren't going to have to work for anything. You do that alot in your life. I'm sorry, but the little lazy things you do piss me off sometimes. You can be hardheaded and VERY stubborn sometimes.
I know, I know, I'm goig off on you in public, but I'm trying to prove a point.
You are going to have to work for thongs in life. A girlfriend isn't going to just fall out of the sky and into your lap. You have to WORK for everything in your life. God may open the passages, he may open them later afer you hav been dating some one for awhile. Get where I'm going? Maybe he wants for you to go out with this Amy...... Stuff girl, but if you just sit around and don't do anything to get to know her, a whole faith filled experiance may have just been Lost in your life. You know?
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard
Sector 2

SED

Back to top Go down

No I don't think that

Post  Cpt. Crinkle on 10/21/2009, 07:04

You have to put in work and you have suffering in your life on your way to accomplishing the goals God has for you.

Cpt. Crinkle
Shot First

A6 Standard
Sector 2

USO

Back to top Go down

Post  0001 on 10/21/2009, 09:38

Yes I know you have to work for things, that's all a part OF faith, the only things worth doing require a lot of work to get them. God doesn't want us to have it on a "silver platter" we do have to work for whaterver it is we're looking for. But love is different, I don't want to date all these girls until I find "the one" I only want to date her (IF she exists), like my parents did. When I see her I'll know, but first I got to get to know her as a friend, ot just ask her out straight off, that's not the way it works. So I'm not waiting for her to "fall out of the sky into my lap" or "being lazy" I'm taking the Christian aproach, getting to know the girls as friends, which reveals their REAL character, and then going from there depending on what I see/find out. And as of yet, I havn't found anyone too interesting, or that meets my standards. So you can have your many and shallow "relationships" but I'm, looking for true and everlasting love. Which can be found much easier by trusting in God then yourself, that's what it means to live by faith. If I'm mean to find her, I will, If not, then I won't. That's not being lazy, that's trusting that God has a plan for my life.

Executive Director

Executive Director
Sector 2

Central Command

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWn3d_0704 on 10/21/2009, 18:28

You are very ingnorant abl.
That's all I am going to say.
PoWn3d_0704
The Voice of Insanity

E1 Standard